Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Goal #1 of My Weight Loss Journey

Started by Nova_Noelle, May 28, 2018, 04:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova_Noelle

I created this topic to post my progress as I embark on my weight loss journey. 

My first target goal is to lose an initial 25 pounds. 

I think that I'll post here every Friday to share how I am doing. 

Getting healthy again is so important to me and it is also a huge part of my transition journey as well. 

With Love,
Noelle
Have courage and be kind.
  •  

Deborah

Good luck :-).  I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Nova_Noelle

Thanks so much Deborah.  I truly appreciate it. 

I see that you are retired from the U.S. Army.  I hope that you have a great Memorial Day and today would be a great day to sincerely say thank you for your service. 

With Love,
Noelle
  •  

Deborah

Quote from: Nova_Noelle on May 28, 2018, 05:23:22 PM
Thanks so much Deborah.  I truly appreciate it. 

I see that you are retired from the U.S. Army.  I hope that you have a great Memorial Day and today would be a great day to sincerely say thank you for your service. 

With Love,
Noelle
Thank you.  I did have a good day today.  I hope you did too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Jessica

Wonderful that you are doing this.  Add in "notes to self" to help you find what works and what doesn't.  It's  work, but with a healthy diet and exercise, you will be successful!

I too will enjoy hearing about your progress.

Hugs and smiles, Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Nova_Noelle

Thanks so much Jessica.  I'll keep you all updated.  It's on to Day 2 now. 

Have a great day. 

With Love,
Noelle
  •  

Nova_Noelle

After Week 1, I've lost 7 lbs/3.18 kg!!

I'm very happy with my initial success and I hope that this is just the start. 

Now on to Week 2!! 

Have a lovely day everyone. 

With Love,
Noelle
  •  

J2J

Good luck!
I'm also on a weight loss mission, got sloppy and regained what I lost a year or so back.
Hoping to drop 25lbs like you, good luck with your journey.
  •  

Nova_Noelle

Thanks so much J2J.  I truly appreciate it!

Good luck with your weight loss goal as well. 

I've still got a long way to go.  I thought that breaking down my overall goal into smaller goals would help me. 

Have a wonderful day. 

With Love,
Noelle
  •  

Pamelaval0819

Good job,
Need help

I am looking to lose weight, but no idea how to start, any advise?
I am around 240 pounds and I will love to lose around 30 pounds,
Thanks,
Love you
Pam

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

•  

Eryn T

7 lbs in 1 week is INCREDIBLE, hun!

I can't wait to hear about week 2. ^_^

Like if you somehow kept that pace you'd lose around 30lbs in a month!

GO GO GO GO GO!   ;D
Looking to make and keep friends! Spreading the love, now that I can truly love myself!

Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,237152.msg2131598.html#msg2131598

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd5cx6Iok3BQYrGwdYbVqWA

Twitter: https://twitter.com/_TransGaming_
  •  

MikeP

Quote from: Pamelaval0819 on July 07, 2018, 05:50:47 AM
Good job,
Need help

I am looking to lose weight, but no idea how to start, any advise?
I am around 240 pounds and I will love to lose around 30 pounds,
Thanks,
Love you
Pam

Same desires here too.  I dropped 20 in the past 8 months and need to drop 10 more.  Fasting one day a week helps a lot and I am very careful with calories.  I identified what foods I ate that were ultra high.  Amazing after a month of identification of my habits I was able to change portion size of my offending foods without eliminating any of them.   PS exercise helps and a friend even better!   

Keep us posted.  [emoji137]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you say you can or cant do something you are correct! Henry Ford
  •  

Donica

I quit smoking when I started transitioning mid last year. It seamed like over night I gained 20 pounds  :(. Right away I lowered meal portion size. It's been hard for me to lose it. I still have 15 pounds to go. A month ago, I stopped the sweets and stepped up the exercise. That was the first 5 pounds. I'm going to miss the sweets but I think I'm on the right path now. keep up your weight loss journey girl! You'll get there and be healthier too.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Pamelaval0819

What you mean with fasting, just water or include fruit?
I did the moon diet about 20 years ago and is something like that fasting once a week, when the moon changes, zi mean just water, and it works, but I was young, not sure if I will be able to do it, but I will try, I will keep you updated to see
Thanks again
And good luck

•  

MikeP

Fasting can be a lot of different things.  I will do water fast 30 hrs.   Some folks simply fast one meal or do a vegetarian fast.  It helps me mentally and physically.  Perhaps a detox fast?  Anything to stay encouraged is great. Mike

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you say you can or cant do something you are correct! Henry Ford
  •