Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Flying

Started by Utterly Confused, May 30, 2018, 01:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utterly Confused

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how long after a periareolar can you fly?  I'm planning to go overseas for my surgery and just want to know how long it will take.

Thank you and much love

Dex
  •  

Jak

I imagine your question may now be moot, but... I had DI with grafts and flew 48 hours later. That said, I was only on the plane for about four hours, though I don't know that longer would have seemed that different re surgery. The main thing was having someone else to carry my bag, etc. Good luck or hope it went well!  :)
Top surgery: 14 December 2015
T-pellets: 23 December 2016
Androgel: 30 January 2018
  •  

SeptagonScars

No idea if this is still relevant but... I didn't have peri but DI instead. I flew the day after, so er, around 30-ish hours after. But I was only on the plane for around 40 minutes. It was no issue for me, actually the taxi ride to the airport was worse. Also I did not have drains. I don't know if that makes any difference though.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •