Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

A few questions about a diet im trying...

Started by Amaki, June 03, 2018, 05:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaki

Ok ultimately this is a standard eat less and move more type of diet, I've been eating toast in the morning 2-4 pieces (we didn't have any fruit till today so starting tomorrow I plan to add a orange or go with a hemp and chia seed smoothy my mom has been making) and than with my coffee or tea (depending on how I feel) a coffee cup size with no sugar and a bit of milk. For lunch (well the last few days I've actually missed lunch I know very bad) starting tomorrow I have tuna (it worked for me before when I was waiting for boot camp so thats why I figure it'll work again) and for dinner, well because Im staying with my parents its all about portion size. In between its more water and forcing myself to walk more.

Im not trying to muscle up but tone down and lose weight. So I here are my current issues like most people I get hungry are there any (well because I dont have a steady income) cheap options to help with this obvious problem, I was thinking something like sunflower seeds or well something. The other thing that comes up is well... water, other than like certain waters most water is bland, I went and got some flavoring all I could afford was the liquid flavoring, I made sure none of the ones I got had any sugar or calories water shouldnt have calories, so that should help with the flavorless water. I have cut beer completely because its just empty calories, fat I don't need or want.

The last issue is walking as of right now Im still a pretty big and somewhat scary looking guy so that might help some, but I live in south texas, actually a bit south of houston just to give you an idea of the area so Im trying to figure out on days I cant get out during the day of what I can do to maybe help. There is one issue, I had surgery a few years back on my stomach, left a nice scar (well two of them but im only worried about the big one across my stomach (up from my lower stomach past my belly button)) and a upper hernia which I can't seem to get any doctors to do anything about so it limits what I can do thats why Im looking into walking just the idea of moving and not staying sedentary.

My goal which I dont see as far fetch (but by all means tell me if it is) is to lose 100 lbs. My current 'stretch' goal lol is 50 lbs by my birthday September 7th
If life is too short for what ifs, than way do they always strike at the worse times.

Most people are worried about burning bridges, but forget about the consistent fire that burns on the roads we walk

In the end we only regret the chances we didnt take. -Lewis Carroll

Feel free to call me Sophia Lee if you want

The journey may not be new but its a new journey.

16 Apr 2018 - Start of a new chapter
8 Jun 2018- VA is working with me to move forward
11 Jul 2018 - consultation with Psych doctor
14 Jul 2018 - Dad confronted me...
7 Aug 2018 - Started HRT
25 Oct 2018 - Started Speech Therapy
24 Apr 2019 - Official name is Sophia Lee Bell

•  

Deborah

Instead of toast in the morning you would do better with some protein and fat instead of carbs.  A couple of eggs would do or some meat and cheese.  It would cause less of an insulin response and would leave you feeling satisfied a lot longer than pure carbs.  It's also more nutritious.

Don't be scared of eating fat.  It's the high carbs that cause fat to be stored, not fat itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Amaki

ok I'll try some ham and cheese in stead of the toast tomorrow to see if that helps any
If life is too short for what ifs, than way do they always strike at the worse times.

Most people are worried about burning bridges, but forget about the consistent fire that burns on the roads we walk

In the end we only regret the chances we didnt take. -Lewis Carroll

Feel free to call me Sophia Lee if you want

The journey may not be new but its a new journey.

16 Apr 2018 - Start of a new chapter
8 Jun 2018- VA is working with me to move forward
11 Jul 2018 - consultation with Psych doctor
14 Jul 2018 - Dad confronted me...
7 Aug 2018 - Started HRT
25 Oct 2018 - Started Speech Therapy
24 Apr 2019 - Official name is Sophia Lee Bell

•  

Deborah

The reason is that pure carbs, like toast, cause blood glucose levels to rise and then your insulin to spike in order to reduce blood glucose levels.  This in turn causes your blood sugar to drop quickly so after an hour or two you get hungry again.  Protein causes less of an insulin rise and fat doesn't raise it at all.  That leaves your blood sugar levels more constant without dramatic highs and lows.

The other thing that insulin does is cause the cells to "open up" and store the glucose as glycogen until the glycogen stores are full.  The remainder is then changed into fat and stored in the fat cells as a future energy source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Eryn T

There's a lot of good info in this post by Jessica!

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,237259.msg2132828.html#msg2132828

I wish I could help more, but I diet in the same way I tend to save money, by not spending anything.  I was trying for awhile to induce a caloric deficient diet, but based on what I've read your body will go n emergecy mode for at most a few hours(eating muscle) and then has some backup places which don't help.

I like to munch on nuts(also helps my voice when its particularly phlegmy) and drink water.  You'll want to drink plenty of water to keep your throat lubricated while working on your voice anyway, and an added bonus is that it can help make you 'feel' full on occasion.
Looking to make and keep friends! Spreading the love, now that I can truly love myself!

Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,237152.msg2131598.html#msg2131598

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd5cx6Iok3BQYrGwdYbVqWA

Twitter: https://twitter.com/_TransGaming_
  •