Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started by Northern Star Girl, June 06, 2018, 10:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krobinson103

Mistakes are taking a risk and learning what doesn't work. If you never take a risk you never learn. Mistakes should be viewed as opportunities to improve with some guidance.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

pamelatransuk

Another excellent and accurate poem, Danielle. Thank you.

We all make mistakes because we are human and we learn from them if we are prepared to.

Another small point about mistakes: they may be silly or embarrassing at the time (to the person making the mistake) and afterwards one can analyse too much playing and replaying in the mind. However a little later, one can laugh to oneself either about the incident or why one thought that in the first place!

Hence we grow in wisdom!

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Susan Baum

Miss Steaks?
Sorry, she's not here. Prob-ly out havin' a cow somewhere.

Quote from: pamelatransuk on June 21, 2018, 06:07:15 AM
Another small point about mistakes: they may be silly or embarrassing at the time (to the person making the mistake) and afterwards one can analyse too much playing and replaying in the mind. However a little later, one can laugh to oneself either about the incident or why one thought that in the first place!
Pamela, you are so right.

Something I have sensed - not only in our community here but everywhere - is people, in general, seem to have lost most of the ability to laugh at themselves or even the more-than-abundant absurdities of life. Neighborly waves and smiles of a few years ago are met with scowls and frowns. Yeah, I get it; there is a lot to be gloomy about but hey...

As an example, the other evening a morsel of my food fell from my fork; as I dabbed my blouse I quipped anything good enough to eat has to be good enough to wear. Two of my dining companions chuckled while the third scowled and scolded me as she would a child. Huh? Where did that come from?

Even on my darkest days, I still try to put on a smile, not only is it the easiest way to generate and spread a positive point of view, it takes far fewer muscles than a frown and makes friends of strangers. Just ask the hostess of this thread; you know, the one with the happy countenance.

Susan
Aging is inevitable - growing up is optional.
  •  

Michelle_P

I've certainly made mistakes.  Heck, my whole 'hiding' for almost half a century was arguably a mistake, a product of 'treatment' in my late teens, believing the nonsense I was told, and being afraid to do anything for far too long. Those mistakes were bad ones, and hurt myself and folks around me.

Now I'm trying to make up for this, make myself and my world better. It's not easy, or a tidy process.  I'm sure that I will make mistakes, but I very much hope that the improvements outweigh any harm from my mistakes.  Certainly none of us are perfect, flawless beings, and most others understand this.

Life is messy.  But, it is life, and we muddle through as best as we can.  A positive attitude can go far in helping us get through the rough patches, and can smooth the rough bits between ourselves and others. 

Laughter, the ability to see the humor in our own sometimes absurd lives, is an important part of this.  Taking the silly everyday little rough patches too seriously makes those little rough spots loom large, possibly even overwhelming us.  There's no real reason for us to trip ourselves up over such things when we can just recognize that they are just the routine daily junk we have to move past.

Whether it's pasta sauce on a blouse, or some confused person misgendering us, we can develop the habit of laughter, shrugging it off, and moving past it to get on with our lives.  After all, when we are past the moment, will that little rough spot have much of an impact on the arc of our life?  Probably not.  Careers are not usually harmed by a drop of marinara sauce unless we let it harm us.  One misgendering from a random person won't derail our transition unless we allow it to.   We can laugh at the glitch, poke a little fun at it, shrug, and move on.

Life is good, and gets better.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelle_P on June 21, 2018, 10:43:06 AM
I've certainly made mistakes.  Heck, my whole 'hiding' for almost half a century was arguably a mistake, a product of 'treatment' in my late teens, believing the nonsense I was told, and being afraid to do anything for far too long. Those mistakes were bad ones, and hurt myself and folks around me.

Now I'm trying to make up for this, make myself and my world better. It's not easy, or a tidy process.  I'm sure that I will make mistakes, but I very much hope that the improvements outweigh any harm from my mistakes.  Certainly none of us are perfect, flawless beings, and most others understand this.

Life is messy.  But, it is life, and we muddle through as best as we can.  A positive attitude can go far in helping us get through the rough patches, and can smooth the rough bits between ourselves and others. 

Laughter, the ability to see the humor in our own sometimes absurd lives, is an important part of this.  Taking the silly everyday little rough patches too seriously makes those little rough spots loom large, possibly even overwhelming us.  There's no real reason for us to trip ourselves up over such things when we can just recognize that they are just the routine daily junk we have to move past.

Whether it's pasta sauce on a blouse, or some confused person misgendering us, we can develop the habit of laughter, shrugging it off, and moving past it to get on with our lives.  After all, when we are past the moment, will that little rough spot have much of an impact on the arc of our life?  Probably not.  Careers are not usually harmed by a drop of marinara sauce unless we let it harm us.  One misgendering from a random person won't derail our transition unless we allow it to.   We can laugh at the glitch, poke a little fun at it, shrug, and move on.

@Michelle_P   
Dear Michelle:  EXACTLY correct, much of what you stated describes my state of mind regarding my own mistakes.
You are right... shrug it off, see the humor in it, routine daily junk, etc.   

Thank you for reading my thread and for your very pertinent reply post....
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Allison S

I've been feeling "stuck" lately. I went for a walk and it's helped a bit. I even called my doctor, left messages and an email. I hope I get what I need, because I sure did try!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Allison S on June 21, 2018, 02:12:55 PM
I've been feeling "stuck" lately. I went for a walk and it's helped a bit. I even called my doctor, left messages and an email. I hope I get what I need, because I sure did try!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

@Allison S:
Dear Allison:
  Yes indeed I hope that you can talk to or get into your doctor
to help you get back into your "happy place"
You did the right thing doing that for sure.

Also when I am not "right" I get busy.... walking, jogging, exercise at the gym, even baking and cooking is good thereapy for me.   Then, of course, as you have most likely read about my habits, I will start writing in my personal journal.  I may even read some older entrees in my journal to refresh my memory about where I have been and how it turned out.   

PLEASE post an update about how things develop for you...  I know that if I email or call my doctor that I will usually get a response the same day or next day... I hope that is true for you as well.

Thanks for posting your thoughts.... and if you would rather send me a PM, I would look forward to that as well.
Many Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on June 21, 2018, 02:59:16 PM
@Allison S:
Dear Allison:  Yes indeed I hope that you can talk to or get into your doctor
to help you get back into your "happy place"
You did the right thing doing that for sure.

Also when I am not "right" I get busy.... walking, jogging, exercise at the gym, even baking and cooking is good thereapy for me.   Then, of course, as you have most likely read about my habits, I will start writing in my personal journal.  I may even read some older entrees in my journal to refresh my memory about where I have been and how it turned out.   

PLEASE post an update about how things develop for you...  I know that if I email or call my doctor that I will usually get a response the same day or next day... I hope that is true for you as well.

Thanks for posting your thoughts.... and if you would rather send me a PM, I would look forward to that as well.
Many Hugs,
Danielle

This is a tried and true remedy for depression. The endorphins released during exercise will perk you up, but just taking your mind off of your woes can get you back into life!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Katie Jade

I agree on the exercise stuff even if its a mild form, even in my old frail state (56 next week  - hint) I went for a brisk 45 min walk around the boundary of the village/town. On the way, feeling better, I noticed I was actually almost in the scenario of a dream I have had occasionally for decades. Walking down a high banked/Hedged winding dark road, come across a Sty into a field and get up it and feel like running and running across the green fields towards the rising sun forever and with a feeling I could do it. I start the dream and usually wake up with a foot on the sty, but the pleasurable feeling I got from that today made me smile inside, shoulders back and walk straight backed for a long time. Still feel the feeling from that even now, a few hours after.
It was so good to be alive for quite a period after that, and still remains as I feel it as reality more than a dream now.
No Idea what it means but don't care it feels good.
Anyway off to bed - I really do need my beauty sleep...
Hugz for all
Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Katie Again on June 21, 2018, 05:23:25 PM
I agree on the exercise stuff even if its a mild form, even in my old frail state (56 next week  - hint) I went for a brisk 45 min walk around the boundary of the village/town. On the way, feeling better, I noticed I was actually almost in the scenario of a dream I have had occasionally for decades. Walking down a high banked/Hedged winding dark road, come across a Sty into a field and get up it and feel like running and running across the green fields towards the rising sun forever and with a feeling I could do it. I start the dream and usually wake up with a foot on the sty, but the pleasurable feeling I got from that today made me smile inside, shoulders back and walk straight backed for a long time. Still feel the feeling from that even now, a few hours after.
It was so good to be alive for quite a period after that, and still remains as I feel it as reality more than a dream now.
No Idea what it means but don't care it feels good.
Anyway off to bed - I really do need my beauty sleep...
Hugz for all
Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

@Katie Again
Dear Katie :  Thank you so much for your wonderful reply posting....   I like how you shared about your real-life walk and also how that you shared your very personal description of your "dream hike"
Yes indeed, we always don't know what our dreams mean, but like you, I don't necessarily care... it does feel good.

Thank you for reading and following... and for your wonderful reply post.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

MissyMay2.0

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on June 23, 2018, 10:49:14 AM
@Katie Again
Dear Katie :  Thank you so much for your wonderful reply posting....   I like how you shared about your real-life walk and also how that you shared your very personal description of your "dream hike"
Yes indeed, we always don't know what our dreams mean, but like you, I don't necessarily care... it does feel good.

Thank you for reading and following... and for your wonderful reply post.
Hugs,
Danielle

...Bodybuilding was my coping mechanism for 20 years, and it worked until I suffered a major shoulder injury and couldn't lift weights anymore; and as a result, I started my transition a few months later.  It turned out that that injury was the catalyst for a much happier life 😀

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: MissyMay2.0 on June 23, 2018, 03:32:26 PM
...Bodybuilding was my coping mechanism for 20 years, and it worked until I suffered a major shoulder injury and couldn't lift weights anymore; and as a result, I started my transition a few months later.  It turned out that that injury was the catalyst for a much happier life 😀

@MissyMay2.0     As you have described.... exercise and physical activity is one of the  good ways to stop thinking about our problems and issues.   I found that when I was alone and went running or jogging I would ponder my life events in my mind and sort things out.   Very good therapy for sure.

Regarding your major shoulder injury that ended your intense bodybuilding routines....  it appears that cloud definitively had a silver lining.  It is that way for most of us.... our problems and unexpected misery can turn into positive things happening as long as we have the ability to analyze our difficulties and attempt to turn them into opportunities.  That glass half-full mentality is the key to our happiness and success in so many areas of our life.
Thank you for reading this thread and for your sharing.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Hello friends, readers and followers of my thread:
I want to share with you some of the ways that I want to live my life...
...well, I mean to say that I TRY to live my life with those things in mind.   
Obviously I am not always successful... I too am only human !
Please read carefully...
Hugs,
Danielle

RULES TO LIVE BY

Encourage others and cheer for them.
             Do little things every day for others.
             Give what you would want to receive.
             Talk a little less and listen more.
             Accept people just the way they are.

Ignore nonconstructive, hurtful commentary.
             Leave petty arguments alone.
             Free yourself from negative people.
             Let go of those who are already gone.
             Forgive people and move forward.

Give people you don't know a fair chance.
             Show everyone kindness and respect.
             Allow others to make their own decisions.
             Keep your promises and tell the truth.
             Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Pay attention to who your real friends are.
             Always be loyal.
             Be your imperfectly perfect self.
             Pay attention to your relationship with yourself.
             Stay in touch with people who matter to you.

•  

islandgirl

From what I have read on your threads so far, you are succeeding to meet the points in your post! I try to do the same, usually, but find myself in such a 'funk' that I find, too often, resigned to my status quo. Lately, even when I have posted what I thought was a positive, supportive response to a post here on Susan's, I go back and reread them and they do not say what I had intended. Oh, well! One foot in front of the other!

Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: islandgirl on June 25, 2018, 05:18:39 PM
From what I have read on your threads so far, you are succeeding to meet the points in your post! I try to do the same, usually, but find myself in such a 'funk' that I find, too often, resigned to my status quo. Lately, even when I have posted what I thought was a positive, supportive response to a post here on Susan's, I go back and reread them and they do not say what I had intended. Oh, well! One foot in front of the other!

Hugs,
Kelly

@islandgirl
Dear Kelly, thank you for reading and for your comment.   I chuckled a little reading your last sentence in your above reply.  For ME the statement is   "Oh, well! One foot in my mouth!"
Again, thank your for coming here and posting.
Hugs for you, and well wishes.
Danielle

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on June 25, 2018, 04:00:04 PM
Hello friends, readers and followers of my thread:
I want to share with you some of the ways that I want to live my life...
...well, I mean to say that I TRY to live my life with those things in mind.   
Obviously I am not always successful... I too am only human !
Please read carefully...
Hugs,
Danielle

RULES TO LIVE BY

Encourage others and cheer for them.
             Do little things every day for others.
             Give what you would want to receive.
             Talk a little less and listen more.
             Accept people just the way they are.

Ignore nonconstructive, hurtful commentary.
             Leave petty arguments alone.
             Free yourself from negative people.
             Let go of those who are already gone.
             Forgive people and move forward.

Give people you don't know a fair chance.
             Show everyone kindness and respect.
             Allow others to make their own decisions.
             Keep your promises and tell the truth.
             Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Pay attention to who your real friends are.
             Always be loyal.
             Be your imperfectly perfect self.
             Pay attention to your relationship with yourself.
             Stay in touch with people who matter to you.

Living this way will bring you treasures beyond counting!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

pamelatransuk

Danielle

I always read and love your poems not only for he sake of the poetry but also for the sake of the meaning and moral value.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: pamelatransuk on June 26, 2018, 07:08:09 AM
Danielle

I always read and love your poems not only for he sake of the poetry but also for the sake of the meaning and moral value.

Hugs

Pamela

@pamelatransuk
Dear Pamela:  Thank you so very much for your kind words and thank you for reading and following my thread. 
I want you to feel very free to post any of your thoughts relevant to this thread's intent and purpose. 

It can be a comment, a favorite quotation, brief or rambling, etc.... although it would be nice but it doesn't have to be a poem, nor does it have to be a perfectly crafted writing... but rather whatever you post if it is from your heart and/or your experience that is what counts.

Thank you again for your presence here, looking forward to you frequent visits.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

TiffanyShanahan

I myself have a tendency to fall into negativity at times
Thank you for this thread Danielle
One thing that helps for me is not dwell on past failures but to look forward to future successes
"Their is a reason your windshield is bigger than the rearview mirror"

Hugs and well wishes
Tiffany
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Well, as it turns out, I have an opportunity to use my financial business knowledge that I share with my clients ...to now help a good friend with her personal life issues.
Risk versus reward is a concept that can be applied in both scenarios.   
I have been counseling a very good personal friend regarding her personal life and her relationships with others.

The key concept is  "Risk is the price you pay for Opportunity."   
Without risk or a leap of faith there is no reward.

The quote can not and does not reveal anything about the outcome of the risk that we take.   It is important to realize that the outcome is usually binary... one way or the other.  There is obviously and absolutely no guarantee of a positive outcome.

Thinking that all FEAR is an obstacle that needs to be overcome is quite misguided.  Fear has a purpose of helping to influence us from doing something stupid, dangerous, and harmful.  It is the catalyst that tells us to carefully evaluate and minimize risk. Fear is actually our friend as long as we don't allow it to completely dictate our lives... if it does it then becomes our jail keeper.

The conclusion is if we never take any chances, then probably the choices we are making could be worth hardly anything. Nothing that is valuable in life and no opportunity or reward comes easily without some degree of risk.
However, we certainly have to decide what risks we are or are not willing to take.
We can ask others for advice, we can seek and gather information, but for certain the final decision is ours alone

The overwhelming TRUTH here is:
If you play, you may win or lose, but if you don't play, you can never win

Thanks for following and reading.
Danielle

•