Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

First Therapy Session and a bit of an introduction!

Started by generalchaos34, June 10, 2018, 10:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

generalchaos34

Long time lurker, but been too scared to really post much or actually admit my true identity. After a year of health problems (im 33 and I now have all kinds of weird issues like high blood pressure) I've decided I need to get the balls rolling (and hopefully completely gone in a few years!) and made an appointment with one of the local family therapists who happened to have trans listed as one of her specialties.

On friday I went in a everything seemed to go great! Granted at first I was about to explode from anxiety but once I actually said "I am a woman" out loud it felt like a great weight was lifted. Is this how it was for all of you? The therapist was great too, apparently she still is new with trans people but she was SUPER supportive. I think she is more excited about my transition than I am! We talked well over the time limit without charging and I think I can really do this. Frankly its been 3 days and I still feel like a million bucks.

I went from never wanting to tell a single person my dark secret to now wanting to tell EVERYONE! Granted I cannot, because that would not be a good idea. I also have one really big thing holding me back. I am married and my wife as far as I know has no real clue about me. We do not have kids and have been married for 8 years, and all in all we have an absolutely amazing relationship that I do not want to ruin, but for my own mental health Im going to have to do something. Now im by no stretch of the word a manly man AT ALL. She also lets me wear her underwear occasionally and since we are the same size and very frugal we usually share pants and shirts (outside of the pocket problems womens pants are soooooo much comfier!). I sincerely hope she has any inkling about this so im not about to shatter her world, but I will be prepared for the worst. I will work with my therapist to see what time is right, i've been lying for 8 years so adding more time to that deception isn't going to make things worse.

Whew, thats too much already, I guess im just that excited! I hope to start participating more now online that Im feeling more confident about myself. I haven't decided on my real name, but I am kinda partial to Janet, its the same about of letters as Jason and I get to keep all my monogrammed stuff.
  •