Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Thank You Deborah

Started by Gertrude, June 18, 2018, 03:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gertrude

It's been one year since I started keto on Deborah's advice. I am down 138lbs in that year, 15-20 to go. Thank you @Deborah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Deborah

You have made great progress that took a tremendous amount of self discipline.  All the credit goes to you! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: Deborah on June 18, 2018, 03:53:46 PM
You have made great progress that took a tremendous amount of self discipline.  All the credit goes to you! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you

•  

Karen_A

Quote from: Gertrude on June 18, 2018, 03:34:01 PM
It's been one year since I started keto on Deborah's advice. I am down 138lbs in that year, 15-20 to go. Thank you @Deborah.

I'm down over 160lbs from my highest weight, but have somewhere between 40 and 50 to go...

From the weight loss I already have a lot of lose hanging skin around my middle, a droopy backside as well as thighs that look wrinkled like raisins...

From your weight loose have you managed to avoid the loose skin issue?

- karen
  •  

zirconia

Hi, Karen

I've no personal experience, but some weight loss salons here provide their clients with progressively smaller foundation garments that cover the entire torso, upper arms and thighs.

According to a friend who did go to a salon the idea is to help keep the skin tight around the body and/or shrink it as excess fat is shed. I do know that she had no wrinkles or excess skin when she reached her target weight, but I don't know whether she just was lucky or whether the method really works—nor, if it does work, whether it works for everyone.
  •  

ainsley

Quote from: Gertrude on June 18, 2018, 03:34:01 PM

Awesome!
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: Karen_A on June 18, 2018, 08:42:31 PM
I'm down over 160lbs from my highest weight, but have somewhere between 40 and 50 to go...

From the weight loss I already have a lot of lose hanging skin around my middle, a droopy backside as well as thighs that look wrinkled like raisins...

From your weight loose have you managed to avoid the loose skin issue?

- karen
I haven't. My stomach and arms needs help. Thing is, it's considered cosmetic and a bitch to get covered by insurance. Even if you do, it'll take a year or more. Some say intermittent fasting helps, but I had a bad experience with it recently and probably won't be doing that anymore.

•  

AnonyMs

From what I've read if you do fasting you'll avoid the problem of excess skin through a process called autophagy.
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: AnonyMs on June 20, 2018, 07:57:30 AM
From what I've read if you do fasting you'll avoid the problem of excess skin through a process called autophagy.
Understood, but I recently f'd up my stomach/lap band by doing it. Not good trying to get the macros of three meals in two. I have an endoscopy in a few weeks. May have to have the band removed. We'll see.

•  

Brooke

Quote from: Gertrude on June 20, 2018, 08:43:52 AM
Understood, but I recently f'd up my stomach/lap band by doing it. Not good trying to get the macros of three meals in two. I have an endoscopy in a few weeks. May have to have the band removed. We'll see.

You could try alternate day fasting basically you finish dinner and then don't eat the day after, eat breakfast the second day- around 36 hours.

If you do this then you don't have to worry about meal cramming.

Sw. 245. CW 128 5 ft 9. Keto +IF/ longer fasts throughout.

Still dealing with loose skin, but I've been told by surgeons I definitely don't have the amount of excess skin they would normally see with 100 lb+ weight loss
  •  

Gertrude

If I went a day without eating I might end up killing someone. I get cranky when I go much below 1200-1500 calories a day. I started at 382 and now I am about 242. I am 6'5. I want to get down to 225 or so.
  •  

samanthabwolfe

Wow! That is fantastic weight loss! Congrats! Keep it rolling.

and I'm the same way. Today I was just busy and didn't eat until late and toward the end of the day I was getting quite cranky.
  •