Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Post op nipple swelling?

Started by Lewisazrael, June 22, 2018, 08:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewisazrael

I got double incision top surgery 17 days ago, and for the most part my chest has been healing pretty well. The main issue seems to be that one nipple is still just as swollen/jacked up as when I first took the bandages off over a week ago, even though the other is in great shape. There doesn't seem to be an infection but my doctor hasn't been communicating nearly as much as I need him to so I can't get his input on this. Has anyone else faced an issue like this? And if so, what helped with it?
  •  

Kylo

I had a slight issue with one of them, it looked a bit more inflamed at the edge for a while and stuck out about 1mm more than the other. Surgeon said they might be like that for a bit. He said "might be lumpy" but lumpy doesn't describe it. "Slightly more raised" I would say. Over time it's gone down to normal. I used some antiseptic cream on it for a couple of days just in case.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •