Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Inappropriate behaviour

Started by Proudwife, June 27, 2018, 11:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudwife

Hi I don't know if anybody hashed any of there experiences I would love to know if you have and how you have delt with them my wife is mtf just started on hrt she came out last year to me and we have been out on a couple of occasions before she received hrt and we have had people who we don't know and may I add people we do know ask us wholly inappropriate questions which I'm still trying to get my head around I would never dream of asking anybody inappropriate questions and yesterday I feel was the final straw.
We went to a place that claimed to laser hair removal but it was not laser instead ipl at the consulataion a couple of days before when she filled in some paperwork the woman looked and it and quite loudly said to my wife oh your on hrt then yesterday at the appointment she was asking her some very personal and I mean personal questions and a couple that you never ask somebody in my wife's position.
Just because somebody is transgender doesn't mean they are not human or have any obligation to answer questions from complete strangers or people they know about their personal life
Yes I get fully that people are going to be intrested especially if they have never met a trans person before but please a little respect and dignity would not go a miss so please if anybody has had any similar experiences I would love to hear from you
Many thanks for taking the time to read my post
Jade
Xxx
  •  

Jessica

I, as a mtf, find the curiosity factor does occur.  The glance, the look, the stare, but that is as far as it should go, and that itself is uncalled for.  As transgender people become more part of the face of society, we are becoming accepted.  Hopefully glances, looks and stares disappear.
With health professionals, they of course need certain pertinent information.  But only what they need!
With friends questions that seem invasive may be coming from the heart.  Though your "drunk uncle" may say things entirely inappropriate with no filter.
With strangers, it's completely wrong to ask anything.

Hugs and smiles, Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jin

Depend upon my mood. If I am grumpy I just ignore them or tell them to mind their own business.
If I am my normal bubbly self, I can go to great length to bore them with details. Overload them with "TMI".
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

I'm fine with questions about how I realized I was transgender, what did I feel, etc, even some physical ones depending on how they're asked. But a lot of people are just rude and nosy and straight up will ask you if you still have a D or a V. That's so disrespectful...Like I don't go around asking guys how long their sausage is or women how open their  vagina is.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Allison S

I've been asked if I'm full time when I do present.
There's this one guy who asked me this twice on two different occassions. I got a sense that he might be attracted to crossdressing as an act where a male becomes female. I forgot how I responded but I wasn't interested in him anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Doreen

Quote from: Jessica on June 27, 2018, 02:07:34 PM
I, as a mtf, find the curiosity factor does occur.  The glance, the look, the stare, but that is as far as it should go, and that itself is uncalled for.  As transgender people become more part of the face of society, we are becoming accepted.  Hopefully glances, looks and stares disappear.
With health professionals, they of course need certain pertinent information.  But only what they need!
With friends questions that seem invasive may be coming from the heart.  Though your "drunk uncle" may say things entirely inappropriate with no filter.
With strangers, it's completely wrong to ask anything.

Hugs and smiles, Jessica

I get men staring a lot.. That used to make me paranoid.  But if I notice them looking when my backs turned, keep in mind what YOU think they're staring for might not be the case.  Also when a woman looks and looks you up & down.. same thing.

Don't let paranoia rule the day.  Granted yes, for many its probably that way.. but I suspect many pass without even realizing, and take stares for the wrong reason too.

Just my 2 cents worth, for what its worth. Now if they're rolling their eyes, sneering, frowning with disapproval (old dumpy ladies aside)... or otherwise misbehaving then yes, that's an issue obviously. 
  •  

HappyMoni

Am so pleased to read of your advocacy for your partner. Love it! This is not the exact same thing but I will share it. I just came from a funeral for the father of an old neighbor. One (grand)daughter was very vocal in support of my change. She said she would punch anyone who said anything negative about me. She did a good job of asking questions that were not too personal. She was genuinely curious about the phenomenon. Her father then comes up behind me, startled me, but gives me a big bear hug and a kiss on the cheek. He says, "I love you buddy." in my ear. Unfortunately, he is hard of hearing so everything he says is way loud. He started to reminisce about old times, using my dead name over and over. He was essentially speaking of a different person. If it had been anyone else, I would have corrected him, maybe been offended, but context does matter.  This was his way of support, and in this case, it was okay. There is absolutely no way that a health care professional or personal care person, who is gonna take your money, has any legitimate right to ask titillating or unnecessary questions. I have been fortunate in Maryland to never have any health care person treat me with disrespect.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •