Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Ideal diet when taking Testosterone?

Started by DPS, July 01, 2018, 02:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DPS

What is an ideal diet to be on for when your taking testosterone? I'm going to be starting T within the next year or so and I want to go on a low cholesterol diet just in case the T causes heart problems. Any advice on what I should consider for my diet would be greatly appreciated.
  •  

Dani

Just keep a normal diet, but you may want to add more meat to your diet. Chose a low fat meat such as chicken or fish.

I recently gave up beef because the animals are given hormones to promote muscle growth. Even though there is very little hormones left after the animal is slaughtered, I did not want to be exposed to Testosterone any more than necessary.

On the other hand, you may be looking for meats with trace amounts of Testosterone.  :-X
  •  

DPS

Anything that's got extra testosterone sounds good to me :>

•  

Kylo

Yes, low cholesterol and low saturated fats would be a good idea, more protein too since your body is being ordered by the hormone to maintain a greater muscle mass on average whether you work out or not. Of course in general you should make sure you get more fiber than you do protein or carbs and lay off the junk food as much as possible.

I haven't found testosterone to have raised my metabolism by much so it doesn't mean I can eat more even if I appear to get hungry more often.

I would lay off consuming large amounts of soy products as this may counteract your T. 
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •