Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

My Journey Begins (almost...)

Started by Jade88, July 03, 2018, 08:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade88

Two weeks until my first appointment to start HRT... I can't wait.

For now I've been focusing on my weight...  I've dropped 10 pounds in 9 days, mostly thanks cutting back a lot on meal sizes, more exercise on the treadmill , and almost totally staying away from bread and sweets (which of course are two of my favorite things in the world..  lol).

Looking ahead to HRT is really helping me focus on my diet...

•  

Kendra

Jade this is so cool to read, and brings back memories of my start with HRT last summer. 

Congratulations on weight loss, that isn't easy to do.  Great accomplishment.  You probably know this, but make sure you're drinking enough water - for many reasons.  I've found ordinary tap water helps reduce hunger, and with your exercise schedule you will need more water.

Your future is about to start!
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jade88 on July 03, 2018, 08:06:57 PM

For now I've been focusing on my weight...  I've dropped 10 pounds in 9 days, mostly thanks cutting back a lot on meal sizes, more exercise on the treadmill , and almost totally staying away from bread and sweets (which of course are two of my favorite things in the world..  lol).

You go girl no matter what happens being fitter and healthier is never a bad option.  I too am on a weight loos program rapidly approaching my goal weight...Sounds to me you are on a winner with the weight loss....although keeping it off is always the key!!

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jade88

I'm excited to be losing the weight... down another 0.8 this morning.  Honestly the biggest change has to just eat smaller meals and cut out the snacks (cookies, ice cream, donuts, etc...)

The thing HRT plans have given me is a clear goal thats made it easy to bypass snacks sitting right in front of me.  Very happy but still have a long way to go.  56.8 pounds to be exact...   lol

Thanks for the kind comment - love the encouragement!

•  

Shy

The prospect of HRT also seemed a good motivator for me to shed a few lbs and work on my overall fitness.
Sounds like you're doing well!

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Amie June

Jade, I'm very excited for you! I can still remember going to the pharmacy for the first time to pick up my medication. I couldn't believe the day had finally come. I now have 3 1/2 months behind me and each day I apply a new estradiol patch is special (today is patch day - yay!). Congrats on focusing on your health and fitness in the meantime. You have so much to look forward to :) :)

Lots of love,

Lindy
Came out to myself September 15, 2017
Stopped cutting my hair September 15, 2017
Started gender therapy September 28, 2017
Came out to two female friends and sister December 2017
Came out to adult daughter and her partner January 2018
First appointment with endocrinologist March 21, 2018
Started HRT March 23, 2018
Started laser treatment for facial hair June 28, 2018
Started electrolysis October 11, 2018

"You are woman
and you're beautiful.
Let the world see you."
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jade88 on July 03, 2018, 08:06:57 PM

@Jade88    Yes, indeed, this is very exciting news that all of us here want to hear all about your future progress.   Please keep us updated if you feel comfortable doing that.

Starting HRT will be a memorable date for you to keep track of.... many members here celebrate their annual HRT anniversaries with updates and posting of pictures if that is something that they want to do.   Congratulations on your weight loss... that will help you immensely as you start HRT.

When I started HRT I was so excited and I looked in the mirror several times a day looking for anything happening.... I did notice feelings of tingling and so on... but daily and weekly progress with HRT can be disappointing...  usually nothing happens very quickly with HRT but it will happen...  Monthly changes are much easier to identify and to notice.
What you see and read about others HRT experiences are probably not going to be your own.  Your unique body will respond to hormones in it's own time.  Some bodies react more quickly with more significant changes ... and other bodies will react more slowly with less significant changes.   

PATIENCE IS REQUIRED....  changes will happen but in their own time and in their own way in your unique body.

Thanks for letting us all share in your exciting journey ahead.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •