Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Stopping smoking need some support and motivation!!!

Started by Amoré, April 02, 2019, 08:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amoré

I went to my endo yesterday and she said I have to quite smoking.

The risk is to high and it is dragging down my E levels also.

I am having erections again and it is freaking me out. I had a meltdown this morning because of it.

I also have a little bit of semen coming out and that was even worse after I tested the theory.

I have no testo according to my bloods how is that even possible?

So I need stories and input of how your life changed and it benefited you being on hrt

Excuse me for living
  •  

pamelatransuk

Hello Amore

If you check the Hormone Replacement Therapy Forum you will see many stories there of how so many of us have benefitted from HRT.

I am coming up 14 months HRT and I am happy to attach my thread for you below.

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,241374.20.html

I wish to you all the benefits you desire and happiness for the future.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

•  

CindyLouFromCO

I'm so happy for you that you decided to quit smoking!!  I did it also when I started HRT.

The best benefit for me mentally is my voice improvement.  I'm so happy how much better my voice improved!  I never get misgendered over the phone anymore since I quit with a lot of singing and finding my voice.

Something that may help you also not wanting to smoke is to add in excrcising.  I never wanted to smoke after excersize.  I also had to quit drinking for a while to help me with quitting.

As far as etections returning goes it is common for them to return around a year or so after HRT.  I'm sorry that is so hard on your dysphoria.  It may get better the longer you are on HRT as the rest of your body changes.  One benefit of having that thing stay active is that it will be better for your future vagina if that is in your plans.  A surgeon I spoke with said to use it to keep it big enough for a better vagina cavity and feelings as they have more tissue to work with.

I know these are not the most comfortable suggestions bit there are some positive outcomes in the long run.

I'm sorry if I assumed you have been on HRT for a year and it has been longer.
Wishing you all the best trying to quit!!
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •  

Amoré

Hi all thank you for the suggestions I started smoking beginning of last year when I was on bad psychiatric medication that made me so sedated that I didn't know even where I was at times.

I managed to get off all that crap in a period of about 8 months. I feel much better now. It is just that I am struggling with anxiety. I will find out about the using the penis thing and keeping it healthy because as soon as I get employment again and can get a loan big enough I am cutting it off.

My fiance will love me using it because he loves the damn thing.

Been on hrt now for 4 years actually LOL ;D

Got some pretty breasts and a female figure small hands and all.

Just haven't had the funds to cut that thing off.

So doc said if I want the E implant I have to quit.

Excuse me for living
  •  

GingerVicki

I switched to vaping and it is working well so far. I use 6mg nicotine and my next purchase will be 3mg nicotine then ZERO nicotine. At the current rate, I will be nicotine free before Summer! Good luck it is tough to quit.
  •  

Dena

Something that could help is calculate how much you spend on smoking over the period of a year. The cost in the U.S. is pretty high but I am not sure what it costs where you are. Some people take a jar and instead of purchasing cigarettes, they put the money in the jar. At some point the money is spent on something special they have been saving for.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: Dena on April 02, 2019, 03:26:13 PM
Something that could help is calculate how much you spend on smoking over the period of a year. The cost in the U.S. is pretty high but I am not sure what it costs where you are. Some people take a jar and instead of purchasing cigarettes, they put the money in the jar. At some point the money is spent on something special they have been saving for.

Depending on what type of cigarettes anywhere from 3 to 6 thousand dollars per year. Gonna need a big jar.
  •