Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Heya

Started by Lilly G, July 08, 2018, 10:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilly G

So I know this isn't my first post, but I wanted to have an introduction one so people that see my posts could know who I am. well, my name is Lilly Garcia. born as a guy, I grew up in a "Christian" family. lgbtq+ was extremely hated. by the time I was 7 I had begun questioning my gender and figured out I was a girl. it took me another 10 or so years to come out, and the first thing that I heard was support from close friends and even my (now ex) girlfriend. a week or so later I asked the first person to call me she/her(it was my high school councilor) and she helped me along in changing it in the school records. I eventually came out to my parents(huge mistake) and that went......about as well as could be expected given the circumstances. im an avid nerdy gamer girl who loves her pink and salmon computer(its pink not red!!!). I have an amazing brother that got my grandma to let me stay with them. sadly, im still stuck waiting until im 18 to undergo my own hrt and then another 6 months til I can attempt to get a surgery(not like ill have the money, but I can hope my moms insurance will cover it, luckily I get that til im 25). but enough on my family issues. id love to meet others like me that love video games and owl city music(OMG FIREFLIES IS MY FAV SONG!!!). love the resources this site has to offer.
Lilly, Lady of the Strawberries"Hope is like the sun, if you believe only when you can see you will never make it through the night" -Leia Organa
  •  

Jimjam

Hi Lily

I joined recently and finished coming out to my immediate family this year since my parents are part of the Unification Church (they're moonies).

I'm 20 and realised that I'm a guy when I was 17, but sorta new when I was 9. Hopefully your parents will come around but religion is going to be an obstacle for them to work through if they even give you a second thought about who you are.

I hope you're able to start hrt soon I'm just starting the process of getting approval for T

I wish you all the best
  •