Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Never let fear hold you back

Started by NC_Sarah, July 10, 2018, 08:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NC_Sarah

I work in the tech industry and have a lot of friends who often ask for help with career advice and the one thing I always say is "Never let fear dictate your choices". If you work in a toxic work environment, don't be afraid to look for something more suited to you. It's fear that holds you back.

I wish I had taken my own advice when it came to talking to my wife about transitioning. I have never been so miserable hiding something from her. It felt like I was lying and that alone tied me up in knots. I was miserable and every day that went by it got worse.

Last night we talked

She was so understanding and wanted me to be happy and wants to help me with the transition. She's so supportive and with lots of hugging and some tears, I felt all that fear wash away completely. This morning when I woke up, she gave me a hug and said "I love you" as I got up to get ready for work. I have never been so at ease in as long as I can remember. Today I start my journey and I am not alone.

So even more than ever, I will say "Never let fear make your decisions for you" without embracing change, you will never be happy. As we all know from this forum, we are not alone.

Hugs to everyone.
"Long after one has forgotten what a woman wore, the memory of her perfume lingers."
  •  

Jessica

Thank you for posting this.  Fear is a powerful emotion, one that is critical to survival, but at the same time it can be a destroyer of dreams.

I'm reminded of Frank Herbert's Dune series with this passage...

Quote"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

I'm so very happy you chose the path not determined buy fear and your wife supports you for it!

Hugs and smiles, Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

NC_Sarah

Ok quoting the bene gesserit litany from Dune instantly put you to the top of my friend list!
"Long after one has forgotten what a woman wore, the memory of her perfume lingers."
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: NC_Rose on July 10, 2018, 08:55:36 AM
Ok quoting the bene gesserit litany from Dune instantly put you to the top of my friend list!

MUAD'DIB brought new life to the Fremen by teaching them to stand up and fight for their life.
Sound similar much?  Fear was in their way, then it wasn't. 
A fight isn't always the outcome when your stand up to fear, sometime the fear gathers those that refuse to be shaped by it.

Hugs and smiles, Lady Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: NC_Rose on July 10, 2018, 08:39:40 AMToday I start my journey and I am not alone.
Wow, congratulations!  I know just how big that step is.  Many of us do.  I am crying tears of happiness for you!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

NC_Sarah

Thanks everyone, I am so happy right now :-)
  •