Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Support group in Iowa

Started by transcendnorthiowa, July 13, 2018, 03:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

transcendnorthiowa

Hey all! I posted here last year when our organization was just getting started, but I thought an update might be in order.

Transcend is a non-profit organization based in Iowa that seeks to support the transgender, non-binary, and gender nonconforming community. We hold support group meetings in three locations (Charles City, Mason City, and Waterloo) and are looking to expand into a few different cities by fall.

We also have a Clothing Closet in Mason City where trans folks can come find clothing, accessories, and toiletries, a Lending Library of LGBTQ books, we do LGBTQ events such as potlucks, game nights, movie nights, etc., and offer LGBTQ training to businesses, schools, organizations, communities, and families. You can learn more at our site, www.transcend.lgbt.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or email me at jess@transcend.lgbt. I'd love to hear your thoughts, and I hope to see some of you at our meetings! :)
  •  

BlueJaye

When do the meetings take place? I am located in Cedar Rapids. Waterloo isn't too far away for me.
  •  

Jennifer M

Meetings in Cedar Rapids on the second and fourth Thursdays.

•