Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Introduction (37YO M2F NY Tech Dork)

Started by fgsb, July 16, 2018, 10:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fgsb

I guess to start, it is so wonderful to have such a wonderful resource such as this website and forum and am excited to finally register as a user and share exciting news! For many years I have read so many threads and already feel as if I already know many active users here.

Two weeks ago I started on HRT at the age of 37 1/2 and its like my brain, heart and body have had a huge weight and fog lifted on the personal end, but the "friends & family" weight is still present outside my loving and supportive wife.

As with most of you, cross dresser at an early age, done the "purge thing" a number of times with much regret and kept the real self bottled up for too long. Only until I knew I had the right financial and life resources did I want to really make the huge change. For the past few years I have had enough extended times to live 100% and always hated going back, but no longer...

Right now, I am not living full time and am not out to all family just yet but just to a few friends for now.  After 3 months, I expect to make bigger changes.  So far, even just having some of my favorite stores (Torrid, Ulta, Lane Bryant, etc) with my new name on store cards is as far as I have when it comes to formal ID!

For now my endo has me on low dose estradiol for 30 days, 50% increase for another 30 days and 100% increase after that and my next round of blood work. I plan to make the full transition come my natural birth day in December this year.

I guess just a quick "how does it feel" after my first full two weeks:

• Trying to sort out placebo versus real affects.
    Nipples are definitely more puffy.
    Skin in places is smoother.
    This past week it seemed like I did not need to shave as quickly.
    I just seem nicer and more talkative to people.

Keeping this intro brief, but things I have been kicking around in my head lately include:

• Thinking about a career change out of tech/strategy into something else to just avoid the same "yes, that was me before" sort of dialogue 1000 times.

Balancing act of keeping things/feelings private instead of sharing everything so I am not just thinking about transition and related things 110% of the time.  I would like to get it down to 75% of the time eventually.  :)

Trying to think what to keep from old life/new life in order to make room for new life related interests/hobbies,etc

Looking forward to getting active on other discussions, charting some of my progress in this thread and becoming part of this online community over the next most likely critical months in my journey.

•  

Northern Star Girl

@fgsb
Hello Fgsb,  I am not trying to hijack your very first thread and post...
... but first things first,  since your are brand new here I am going to give you a warm welcome.. 
Thank you for coming to the Forums.

I am glad that you have taken the step to become a member of Susan's Place and that you have shared your  thoughts with other members that may read your posting.
I am thinking that you may lots more questions and concerns, this is the right place for you to be to find out what others have done that may have been in your circumstances.

Be aware that there are a lot of members here that can identify with what you may be going through.

WELCOME to Susan's Place.  You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others  and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.
It is nice that you had signed up so you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other members.
When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....

***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace. 

Below I have included Important LINKS that will tell you about Susan's Place.  Included there is information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, there are answers to many questions that new members ask... .... please read them over..
Again, Welcome.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

V M

Hi Fgsb  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •