Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cindy

Oh I can be first!!

I'm making Palek Paneer but I have made a rather critical mistake. I accidentally put a teaspoon full of jalapeño chillies into my mouth rather than into the pot.

I do not recommend this
  •  

GingerVicki

I'm having steak, mashed potatoes, and peas! Yum

I love my table and chairs. They are awesome.

http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/afairygirly/media/yummy_zpsc6vsgsht.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
  •  

V M

Quote from: Cindy on July 20, 2018, 01:32:16 AM
Oh I can be first!!

I'm making Palek Paneer but I have made a rather critical mistake. I accidentally put a teaspoon full of jalapeño chillies into my mouth rather than into the pot.

I do not recommend this

Some like it hot  :icon_eyebrow:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Cindy on July 20, 2018, 01:32:16 AM
Oh I can be first!!

I do not recommend this

Protip: Vegan version with Tofu works really great.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

kaitylynn

Last night we had an awesome salmon topped garden salad.  Tonight, Heather is grilling steaks and I am making my sweet Brussels sprouts.
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

V M

Pork Loin chop with broccoli and cheddar pasta

- V M
  •  

kaitylynn

Quote from: V M on July 21, 2018, 05:09:18 PM
Pork Loin chop with broccoli and cheddar pasta

Hmmm, broccoli!  The power of suggestion is striking :D
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I made some tasty chili.
No beans.
Today I made it rather hot, using fresh hot peppers.

I wonder if chili will freeze well.  I will try freezing with some of it.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

LexieDragon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexandra teh gr8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Some clever text here]
  •  

Dena

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on July 29, 2018, 05:48:28 PM
I made some tasty chili.
No beans.
Today I made it rather hot, using fresh hot peppers.

I wonder if chili will freeze well.  I will try freezing with some of it.

Chrissy
Chilli freezes very well. Mine contains beans (I know it's not real chill) and I cook 6 servings, freezing 5 of them. Great for a night you don't feel like cooking or when you want a quick easy meal. Never be without some stored away for latter.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dena on July 29, 2018, 06:05:03 PM
Chilli freezes very well. Mine contains beans (I know it's not real chill) and I cook 6 servings, freezing 5 of them. Great for a night you don't feel like cooking or when you want a quick easy meal. Never be without some stored away for latter.

Thanks Dena.  Well some people like chili with elbow macaroni in it, and some may not consider that to be chili either.  But, if you like beans or macaroni, why not make it that way?

I do suppose that chili could be served over cooked elbow macaroni or even wide spaghetti noodles, and not mixed in as you cook the chili, but chili could be simply made with the elbows for sure. 

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dena on July 29, 2018, 06:05:03 PM

Dena,

I put some servings of chili in the freezer and maybe it will be great when I reheat it.

Chrissy
  •  

Maddie86

I got my smoker going today and I cooked some meats for tonight and tomorrow. Tonight I had smoked chuck roast with this really good bbq sauce I just came up with, it uses fresh garlic and onion in it and I love it, I'm going to make it more often! for sides I did fresh cut fries and they were great, but I also made cheesy corn and it didn't come out too good, the flavor was fine but I got the pan too hot (I have a gas range, it's easy for things to get away from me when I'm multi tasking) and the sauce started to separate.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Maddie86 on July 29, 2018, 08:11:01 PM
I got my smoker going today and I cooked some meats for tonight and tomorrow. Tonight I had smoked chuck roast with this really good bbq sauce I just came up with, it uses fresh garlic and onion in it and I love it, I'm going to make it more often! for sides I did fresh cut fries and they were great, but I also made cheesy corn and it didn't come out too good, the flavor was fine but I got the pan too hot (I have a gas range, it's easy for things to get away from me when I'm multi tasking) and the sauce started to separate.

A good roast with good BBQ sauce, with fries, does sound like a nice meal!

Chrissy

•  

DotSlashNatalie

I made pasta tonight - usually makes enough for 2-3 meals.

- bow tie pasta
- browned ground beef mixed with some seasoning and hot peppers
- meat flavored pasta sauce
- Mix in some parmesan cheese (pregrated not the powdered stuff)
  •  

davina61

Chicken korma from freezer, just one A cup breast and a dry sauce with a bowl of veg curry from yesterdays batch. must freeze some as have BIG bowl full in fridge. Been trying to make dosa (rice pancakes but no success so far .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Maddie86

So when I had my smoker going yesterday I also did a pork belly, I sliced up some of that tonight and put it in a frying pan and then towards the end I glazed on some homemade peach chipotle mustard bbq sauce. for sides I made brussel sprouts and fresh cut cajun fries and pineapple hot dish. everything was great!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Maddie86 on July 30, 2018, 06:01:00 PM
So when I had my smoker going yesterday I also did a pork belly, I sliced up some of that tonight and put it in a frying pan and then towards the end I glazed on some homemade peach chipotle mustard bbq sauce. for sides I made brussel sprouts and fresh cut cajun fries and pineapple hot dish. everything was great!

Looks good!  I do love them brussel sprouts!

Chrissy
  •  

LexieDragon

Today is leftovers and random stuff from the fridge. lol.

This is what happens when Lexie does not cook.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexandra teh gr8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Some clever text here]
  •