News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dena

Quote from: Roll on August 11, 2018, 03:15:37 PM
Honestly, at this point whenever I get spicy food 99% of places I'm always confused and think they sent me the wrong meal until someone else takes a bite and immediately go "WOW, That's spicy". Even at an Indian place I went to in Savannah and asked for Vindaloo extra spicy, they kept coming to the table asking if I was okay because it was the spiciest thing they've ever made, and I'm just eating it without a second thought, like... "Yeah, I mean, it's good, it's pretty spicy I guess". I have ruined my concept of spicy I've built my tolerance up so high, and brought my step brother and sister along with me. ;D

But then there's Ghost Pepper. Now that I feel. Oh dear lord do I feel it.
Spicy food destroys your taste buds so you can no longer detect the heat. This is fairly common with Mexican food and it's one of the reasons food that served to occasional eaters is much milder than that served to regular eaters. The good news is that it takes around 6-8 weeks for your taste buds to recover IF you avoid spicy food until your sense of taste recovers.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Tonight I'm grilling steaks and the side is grilled zucchini and yellow squash from the garden with some marinara sauce on them.

I'm also grilling some hot hatch peppers from the garden because who needs taste buds when you can have an endorphin rush?  ;D
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Taco salad with cilantro lime rice.  Yes there are Jalapenos there!
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Julia1996

Last night I made lasagna. I make mine with beef and sausage meat.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Julia1996 on August 12, 2018, 06:03:45 AM

I went to a friends house for her nearly world famous lasagna. Her partner says she won't tell anyone the secret ingredient. The lasagna hits the table, and  it WAS good. I took a bite and said "This is delicious, do I taste sour cream in the background?" Her eyes opened wide like the cartoons, and her partner exclaimed  "Sour cream? Is that the secret ingredient?"

I don't think I'm going to be invited back.  :laugh:
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Julia1996 on August 12, 2018, 06:03:45 AM
I've always used just beef steak mince in mine. I want to try with some added sausage meat,  but I'm wary my kids will turn their noses up at it, just because it's not like I normally make!

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Megan. on August 12, 2018, 06:54:49 AM
I've always used just beef steak mince in mine. I want to try with some added sausage meat,  but I'm wary my kids will turn their noses up at it, just because it's not like I normally make!

I might as well have a kid. My brother is just as bad. I swear I think he has some kind of food OCD. Sour cream, cottage cheese and cream cheese are all on his forbidden food list. But he's weird about it. The idea of putting cream cheese on a bagel skeezes him out. But he likes cream cheese frosting and cheese cake. Ricotta cheese skeezes him out but he's fine with it in lasagna.  He likes mayonnaise but can't stand the sight of it. He likes it on his sandwiches but you have to mix some mustard into it to turn it yellow. He drove my dad up the wall with that when he was little because when my dad made him a sandwich he always checked to make sure he had mixed mustard into the mayo. And he won't touch any kind of pasta with white or cream sauce.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Megan.

Hmm a white food issue, interesting! There are things i won't eat because of texture, but not colour.

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Megan. on August 12, 2018, 06:54:49 AM

First time I made my 5 cheese 4 pepper version (mozzarella, ricotta, provolone, asiago, parmesan - green,red,yellow,and orange) no one noticed that there was no meat in the sauce. Also once had to make spaghetti extra for my nephews (they were under 10 then) because they wouldn't even try it that way.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Donica

I had leftover enchilada style breakfast burrito last night. I'm going to give the cheese a break tonight and make brown rice with steamed broccoli, cauliflower and celery. I may throw in some corn and cottage cheese. I mix a lot of black pepper in my cottage cheese.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Donica on August 12, 2018, 07:43:55 AM
I had leftover enchilada style breakfast burrito last night. I'm going to give the cheese a break tonight and make brown rice with steamed broccoli, cauliflower and celery. I may throw in some corn and cottage cheese. I mix a lot of black pepper in my cottage cheese.

It's always best if someone is describing their recipe and actually does the pepper grinding motion when they say "black pepper".  ;D
  •  

V M

Quote from: Julia1996 on August 12, 2018, 07:19:44 AM
I might as well have a kid. My brother is just as bad. I swear I think he has some kind of food OCD. Sour cream, cottage cheese and cream cheese are all on his forbidden food list. But he's weird about it. The idea of putting cream cheese on a bagel skeezes him out. But he likes cream cheese frosting and cheese cake. Ricotta cheese skeezes him out but he's fine with it in lasagna.  He likes mayonnaise but can't stand the sight of it. He likes it on his sandwiches but you have to mix some mustard into it to turn it yellow. He drove my dad up the wall with that when he was little because when my dad made him a sandwich he always checked to make sure he had mixed mustard into the mayo. And he won't touch any kind of pasta with white or cream sauce.

He sounds like a spoiled adolescent

I ended up making lasagne as well - I was originally making meatballs but they fell apart so I stirred the busted up meatballs into the sauce and went to the store for a box of Barilla lag pasta

I already had some ricotta and mozzarella and extra sauce

Topped it off with sliced olives
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Devlyn on August 12, 2018, 08:20:13 AM
It's always best if someone is describing their recipe and actually does the pepper grinding motion when they say "black pepper".  ;D

How does one do the pepper grinding motion?
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

V M

Quote from: Devlyn on August 12, 2018, 08:20:13 AM

Oh definitely, no pepper shaker here, it's all about the grind
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Mmm smoked tuna,  sauerkraut , coconut  oil......
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Donica

Quote from: V M on August 12, 2018, 09:09:05 AM
Oh definitely, no pepper shaker here, it's all about the grind

Oh, I get it. No, I don't have a pepper grinder. For now, I have to use the pepper shaker. I have a coffee bean grinder? Humm? I wonder if it will grind pepper?
  •  

Donica

Oh! There's a thought! Black pepper mixed with black coffee beans  :eusa_sick: Maybe?
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Donica on August 12, 2018, 08:58:21 AM
How does one do the pepper grinding motion?

Both hands out as fists with the wrists going opposite directions. Usually accompanied by scraping/grinding sound effects!  :laugh:
  •  

Maid Marion

Quote from: Devlyn on August 12, 2018, 09:51:59 AM
Both hands out as fists with the wrists going opposite directions. Usually accompanied by scraping/grinding sound effects!  :laugh:
It took my awhile to figure that is how my Kirkland pepper/grinder works.  The little McCormicks just need the top turned.
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Devlyn on August 12, 2018, 06:33:28 AM
I went to a friends house for her nearly world famous lasagna. Her partner says she won't tell anyone the secret ingredient. The lasagna hits the table, and  it WAS good. I took a bite and said "This is delicious, do I taste sour cream in the background?" Her eyes opened wide like the cartoons, and her partner exclaimed  "Sour cream? Is that the secret ingredient?"

I don't think I'm going to be invited back.  :laugh:

The cooking nerd in me (I guess... just me then?) is crying that she doesn't use creme fraiche instead. ;D Cooks so much better!

Quote from: Donica on August 12, 2018, 09:39:34 AM
Oh, I get it. No, I don't have a pepper grinder. For now, I have to use the pepper shaker. I have a coffee bean grinder? Humm? I wonder if it will grind pepper?

Plus

You will never go back to generic table salt and pepper.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•