News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MollyPants

Thanks Julia!

I'm gonna give this ago next time I make bangers and mash.  :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Chocolate peanut butter pie.

25 Oreo cookies.
4 reesses peanut butter cups.
6 tbsp of melted butter.
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk, divided.
4 ounces of semi sweet baking chocolate.
3 tsp vanilla extract divided.
1/2 cup peanut butter,
3 cups heavy whipping cream.
4 tbsp powdered sugar.

Crush Oreo cookies in the food processor.  Mix with the butter and press it into a 9 inch pie plate. Chill it while you make the other stuff. Melt the chocolate and stir in 1/2 of the can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 tsp of vanilla. Stir this occasionally so it doesn't turn to fudge. In another bowl stir the rest of the condensed milk into the peanut butter with 1 tsp of vanilla until smooth. Whip the cream with the powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. Gently fold 1 cup of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Spread in the bottom of the Oreo crust. Gently fold 1 cup of whipped cream into the chocolate mixture and spread it onto the peanut butter layer. Spread the rest of the whipped cream over the top.  Chop up the peanut butter cups and sprinkle on top. Chill at least 4 hours.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: Julia1996 on August 18, 2018, 09:31:18 AM
Chocolate peanut butter pie.

25 Oreo cookies.
4 reesses peanut butter cups.
6 tbsp of melted butter.
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk, divided.
4 ounces of semi sweet baking chocolate.
3 tsp vanilla extract divided.
1/2 cup peanut butter,
3 cups heavy whipping cream.
4 tbsp powdered sugar.

Crush Oreo cookies in the food processor.  Mix with the butter and press it into a 9 inch pie plate. Chill it while you make the other stuff. Melt the chocolate and stir in 1/2 of the can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 tsp of vanilla. Stir this occasionally so it doesn't turn to fudge. In another bowl stir the rest of the condensed milk into the peanut butter with 1 tsp of vanilla until smooth. Whip the cream with the powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. Gently fold 1 cup of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Spread in the bottom of the Oreo crust. Gently fold 1 cup of whipped cream into the chocolate mixture and spread it onto the peanut butter layer. Spread the rest of the whipped cream over the top.  Chop up the peanut butter cups and sprinkle on top. Chill at least 4 hours.
Gosh that sounds nice! I've done something similar but with salted caramel layered with chocolate ganache all on top of a layer of crushed gingernuts.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

A grillout tonight... hamburgers and more.....
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Katie Jade

Can of hot chicken curry (from Aldi) and half a boiled cauliflower instead of rice, its quick and easy and as long as I don't eat canned junk like this too often all will be well. It does taste reasonable though.

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Katie Jade

Yuk tasted horrible until a teaspoon of chilli, a teaspoon of garlic powder and a tablespoon of butter were added, then it was very palatable. Chicken was compressed chicken bits though, so not restaurant standard. 28 carbs though so Im  happy with that.

(Toffee ice-cream and cream for afters... just emptying freezer honestly.... Feel fat now..)

Katie

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X   ;D ;D

•  

V M

I made a grilled chicken with sauteed onions and mushrooms sandwich with mayo, honey mustard, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, on toasted french bread and made baked spicy zucchini crisps with ranch dipping sauce to go with it - pickles and olives on the side

Picture came out kinda blurry for some reason

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Katie Jade

Please come to me and cook that.. OMG that is such a good combo for me..
TC V M

Luv n Hugz

Katie

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :police: :police: :police: :police: :-* :-* ;D ;D

•  

Katie Jade

Sorry - drooling a bit more for that... looks and sounds so good
K J T

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

Donica

Well,,, Sometimes our experiments don't always go as planned  ::). It started out as just a Top Ramen Chicken flavor dinner night. But,,, I had some leftover spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage in the fridge that I wanted to use up. First off, I should have left out the seasoning packet, but as it was supposed to just be a Top Ramen night, the packet ended up in the mix. Second, there was a little too mush leftover spaghetti sauce. It wasn't all that bad though, once I added mass quantities of Tapatio hot sauce and Parmesan cheese. I could only eat half of it so, I'm having the same leftovers tonight.

Bon Appetit!

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Julia1996

Last night I made ham & potato soup with cheese rolls.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Fried Ramen noodles can be tasty, esp. with the right sauce (experiment until you find a sauce you like, such as a Worchestershire sauce.)  Soy sauce does NOT seem to be the right sauce to use, but you might like it that way. 

I do not use the flavor packet when first boiling, then frying, but that is up to you.
Add onions, eggs, or whatever you like as you fry, using a light oil in the bottom of the frying pan. Sometimes you can add sauce while frying, but you can wait to add it after frying.

Serve with or without rice.

Chrissy
  •  

Donica

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on August 19, 2018, 10:13:37 AM
Fried Ramen noodles can be tasty, esp. with the right sauce (experiment until you find a sauce you like, such as a Worchestershire sauce.)  Soy sauce does NOT seem to be the right sauce to use, but you might like it that way. 

I do not use the flavor packet when first boiling, then frying, but that is up to you.
Add onions, eggs, or whatever you like as you fry, using a light oil in the bottom of the frying pan. Sometimes you can add sauce while frying, but you can wait to add it after frying.

Serve with or without rice.

Chrissy

Thanks Chrissy! That's a good idea. I still have a few packages of Ramen noodle left. I'll try that. I also got a nice idea from my Electrolysis for grilling vegetables. I usually steam them when I make rice.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Julia1996

Last night I made this cabbage and meat casserole that my dad totally loves. The name of it is Lihakaalilaatikko. No I didn't fall asleep on my keyboard. It's a Finnish dish. Somehow my grandma started making it when my dad was little and it's one of his favorites. Finnish is not one of the languages my dad speaks but he can pronounce this and spell it. And I thought German was a weird language. Here's an idea, just drop these weird foreign names for these dishes and rename them something normal. Cabbage casserole works just fine for me. Lihakaalilaatikko. Give me a break!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: Julia1996 on August 24, 2018, 01:01:57 PM
Last night I made this cabbage and meat casserole that my dad totally loves. The name of it is Lihakaalilaatikko. No I didn't fall asleep on my keyboard. It's a Finnish dish. Somehow my grandma started making it when my dad was little and it's one of his favorites. Finnish is not one of the languages my dad speaks but he can pronounce this and spell it. And I thought German was a weird language. Here's an idea, just drop these weird foreign names for these dishes and rename them something normal. Cabbage casserole works just fine for me. Lihakaalilaatikko. Give me a break!

Yeah, Finnish is a language all its own - So, did you use a green or red cabbage and what kind of meat? Care to share the recipe?
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: V M on August 24, 2018, 01:14:08 PM
Yeah, Finnish is a language all its own - So, did you use a green or red cabbage and what kind of meat? Care to share the recipe?
I used green cabbage and ground veal.

1 pound ground veal, beef or lamb.
1 small head of cabbage.
Half a white onion.
2 eggs.
2 tbsp dark molasses.
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
1/4 teaspoon allspice.
2 tsp salt.
1/2 tsp white pepper.
1 cup bread crumbs.
3-4 tbsp butter.
1/2 cup heavy cream.
Grated parmesan.

Chop and then boil the cabbage until it's tender but still has a little bite to it. Cook the onions in the butter until soft. Add the drained cabbage, spices and molasses. Stir together well. In a bowl mix the veal, eggs, bread crumbs and cream together. In a casserole dish make a layer of cabbage and top with the meat mixture. Keep layering and finish with a cabbage layer. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for one hour. Let it sit 5 minutes before serving it. My dad likes it with lingonberry preserves on the side.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

davina61

Last night had fish cake with broccoli , runner beans, carrots and potatoes with a corn on the cob, made enough for 2 so tonight mashed it all up and mixed it 2 eggs . threw it in my large fry pan and heated it up(bubble and squeak) . not enough egg to set but it gave it a nice edge. saw some tinned mango in super market tonight so got some to try, its a bit strange and very sweet!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Katie Jade

Fillet steak (Aldi) with Quartered courgettes, Diced small onion and 6 large brown cap mushrooms all sautéed in a teaspoon of butter with a teaspoon of garlic salt and 3 chopped garlic cloves. English Mustard (not the American yellow stuff..) Glass red wine and one scoop of vanilla pod ice cream for afters. Need to sleep soon now I think. Or maybe a second glass..

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:P :P :P :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Katie Jade on August 24, 2018, 04:02:17 PM
Fillet steak (Aldi) with Quartered courgettes, Diced small onion and 6 large brown cap mushrooms all sautéed in a teaspoon of butter with a teaspoon of garlic salt and 3 chopped garlic cloves. English Mustard (not the American yellow stuff..) Glass red wine and one scoop of vanilla pod ice cream for afters. Need to sleep soon now I think. Or maybe a second glass..

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:P :P :P :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

How does English mustard differ from normal mustard?
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •