Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

I made about a quart of tomato basil soup.
I used about ten fresh tomatoes!  Soooooo goooood!

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Laurie

My sister has a large pot of navy beans with smoked pork hocks meat. It's been cooking since about 11 am. yummmm
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Laurie on October 03, 2018, 06:52:55 PM
My sister has a large pot of navy beans with smoked pork hocks meat. It's been cooking since about 11 am. yummmm

I hope it tastes great!
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

GingerVicki

Angus New York strip and mashed taters.
  •  

Jasminex69

I'm spoiling myself tonight with a Filet Mignon and a twice baked potato with all the fixins... Can't forget the glass of vino.

Jasmine
  •  

Katie Jade

Cauliflower and Broccoli cheese, with peppered Courgette, Mushroom and onions fried in butter... my form of vegetarian meal... and very yummy, but takes too much washing-up afterwards..

Pic proof;

mmm

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*      :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Katie Jade

Interestingly what's the difference between Navy and Army beans - is one "harder" than the other, one better than the other?
(Inter-forces comments welcome...)

Katie

:-*    :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

davina61

Do the navy beans float and army one sink???
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

On the matter of if they float, it likely depends if they have life jackets on or not.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Laurie
Dear Laurie:

Wow, that sounds delicious. I love making lots of different bean dishes... 
I usually prefer the smaller white beans and/or navy beans....   I usually also make large batches of those kinds of things, the left-overs are just as good or even better the next day.

The rule of heating up leftover bean dishes is "beans boiled is beans spoiled"  .... the beans will just turn to mush if boiled and over-heated.

Where is the picture???

Have a safe trip when going to see @Michelle_P .....   perhaps you could make a big pot of beans while your are visiting?

Hugs,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Ribeye steak and veggies.  Fruit for dessert.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on October 05, 2018, 03:16:49 PM
Rib eye steak and veggies.

@ChrissyRyan
Nothing better than a good and tender Rib-eye steak...medium-rare.  I always love lots of veggies with my dinners.... a big green salad filled with all kinds of various things like tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, olives, green onions, etc. ... or perhaps steam some broccoli or cauliflower. .... and of course a baked potato is perfect for the occasion.  Also with most steak dinners that I prepare I usually cook up some onions and mushrooms to top it all off.

OK now, I am getting hungry just talking about this.....

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

davina61

No time for pics but Lamb and figs , 2lb lamb cubed 1lb figs trimmed  2 cups beef stock 5 garlic cloves chopped and 3 tbl spoons lemon juice in the slow cooker for 4hrs on low, add 1/4 cup olive and 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar with 1/4 cup chopped herbs. Don't think it needs as much balsamic as it was a bit "sour" . serve over rice . Nice warming dish though.Had some yogurt that needed using up so put the rest of figs in as they started to go overripe.   
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Chuckeye steak is almost as good as Ribeye steak.
Chuckeye comes from the rib section, not the chuck section.
It comes from the rib adjacent to where the Ribeyes start.
Chuckeye steaks are not always at the meat counter as there are fewer available from each animal.  They are sold for a few dollars less a pound than Ribeyes.  Try one sometime!

Chrissy
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I'm making Italian beef sandwiches.  It's my excuse to own a meat slicer.  ;D
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I made some gyros without the pita bread.  Bought meat from a Greek restaurant's spinning grill, and used Tzatziki sauce and sliced onions and cut tomatoes.  I made this without the pita bread to avoid the calories, so I guess this is a gyro platter of sorts.

Also made more tomato soup, adding about ten fresh cut tomatoes, and basil.  The tomatoes "melted" in your mouth.  So yummy!

Chrissy
  •  

MollyPants

I made some risotto for supper with sausage and sage and lots of parmesan and butter. It's getting chilly and dark now so it was lovely and comforting to have snuggled up with my dog and glass of wine :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

I am going to try some Chuckeye steak tonight, plus veggies, plus soup.

Chrissy
  •  

GingerVicki

•  

GingerVicki

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on October 06, 2018, 08:52:08 AM
Chuckeye steak is almost as good as Ribeye steak.
Chuckeye comes from the rib section, not the chuck section.
It comes from the rib adjacent to where the Ribeyes start.
Chuckeye steaks are not always at the meat counter as there are fewer available from each animal.  They are sold for a few dollars less a pound than Ribeyes.  Try one sometime!

Chrissy

good tip.

Last week at the store they had Angus New York strips on sale. Super yum. They took longer to cook. I think the meat was denser. This is why my cholesterol is slightly high. My steak addiction.
  •