Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

I introduced Megan to an American classic, Shake & Bake pork chops. Since they don't have S&B here in the UK, I had to spin the coating up from scratch. Served it with my nearly world famous mashed potatoes and some sliced carrots.
  •  

Katie Jade

Quote from: Devlyn on October 08, 2018, 04:31:32 PM
I introduced Megan to an American classic, Shake & Bake pork chops. Since they don't have S&B here in the UK, I had to spin the coating up from scratch. Served it with my nearly world famous mashed potatoes and some sliced carrots.

Hmm, I think they did but they made the food glow with an eerie aura..... after all I think Tesco's sell it sometimes

70s/80s food is so fun to look at ...

Lol

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*      ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ??? :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

V M

Reheated leftover pizza my sister gave me the day after my B-Day
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Megan.

Just made and fed Devlyn her first curry, beef rendang. The plate was cleared so I didn't do too bad a job [emoji3526][emoji39]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Megan. on October 09, 2018, 12:36:27 PM
Just made and fed Devlyn her first curry, beef rendang. The plate was cleared so I didn't do too bad a job [emoji3526][emoji39]

Nom nom nom!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

A Porterhouse steak sounded good, so that plus soup and salad is planned!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

davina61

Mum gave me some sprouts so did some sausage in oven ( mix of hand made from show) mash spuds, carrots broccoli and the sprouts with instant gravy, bubble and squeak  tomorrow?with the left overs
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

V M

Chicken noodle soup and the last of the leftover pizza

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Megan. on October 09, 2018, 12:36:27 PM
Just made and fed Devlyn her first curry, beef rendang. The plate was cleared so I didn't do too bad a job

Could you share that recipe please?  That looks great, I love a good curry and am always looking to expand my recipe collection. 
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on October 11, 2018, 09:15:25 PM
Could you share that recipe please?  That looks great, I love a good curry and am always looking to expand my recipe collection.
Absolutely... It involved a huge number of different and rare herbs and spices,  ground and prepared with skill and experience... Which I threw in the bin and replaced with a jar of paste from Sainsburys and a can of coconut milk. [emoji23]

I did marinade the beef cubes (left over from a Sunday roast) in the paste for 24hrs before cooking and adding the coconut milk.

•  

Devlyn

•  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Megan. on October 12, 2018, 01:49:21 AM
Absolutely... It involved a huge number of different and rare herbs and spices,  ground and prepared with skill and experience... Which I threw in the bin and replaced with a jar of paste from Sainsburys and a can of coconut milk. [emoji23]

I did marinade the beef cubes (left over from a Sunday roast) in the paste for 24hrs before cooking and adding the coconut milk.

LOL, well there is something to be said for convenience.  Now to see if I can find this curry paste on this side of the pond...
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on October 12, 2018, 07:42:19 AM
LOL, well there is something to be said for convenience.  Now to see if I can find this curry paste on this side of the pond...
https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-rendang-curry-paste-190g-7886226-p-44

•  

davina61

Now I would have spent ages making it from scratch (well minutes!!) Anyway did sirloin steaks with broccoli and oven chips tonight , meat on offer!!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

I'm in the process of cooking sweet and sour pork with pork fried rice for supper tonight. Rice is cooked and cooling and pork cubes are in the fridge marinating. It'll get busy in the kitchen in a couple of hours.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

ChrissyRyan

Stuffed green peppers sounded good, so they are in the slow cooker.
I am not a great cook.  These were store bought and actually they could have been simply microwaved or stuck in the oven.  But, I think that they will turn out better this way.

A spinach salad is the first course.

Chrissy
  •  

Michelle_P

Chef @Laurie has drafted @Michelle_P as line cook, and is producing dinner...

Fried rice and sweet&sour pork Laurie!   Yum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

Thanks to Michelle's help dinner was ready in less time than this meal usually takes me to fix. It was delicious too.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

V M

- V M
  •