Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donica

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on October 30, 2018, 11:36:24 AM
Maybe some chicken tonight!

Chrissy
I just bought some chicken at the grocery store today. Time to break out my George Foreman grill.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I know this is not a lunch thread but I will post this exception!  I often eat tofu for lunch, or as a soup side, as I like it.  It absorbs sauces and soup well, which is good, as it is bland plain just out of the container.  Try it someday if you have not!

Tofu or miso soup is worth a try as well as noodle soups with tofu...

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

Yeah, I guess the Lunch Time!!! topic never really took off

Anyway, I can't stand tofu - It ranks high on my no fly instant hurl yak list  :P

Last night I made a stuffed chicken breast with a garlic potato mash and buttery french cut green beans
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on November 01, 2018, 01:11:28 PM

Anyway, I can't stand tofu - It ranks high on my no fly instant hurl yak list  :P

Last night I made a stuffed chicken breast with a garlic potato mash and buttery french cut green beans

Your chicken sounds good!

I really enjoy eating tofu, which is made with soybeans.  I buy it at regular grocery stores, sometimes it is in the organic section, in tubs that are about three to four inches cubed.  I eat about five of those big pieces a week.  They are sold in various firmness levels. 

Tofu absorbs the flavors of what it is cooked in.  I do not eat it plain.

It is a low calorie food.  Tofu, or soy bean curd, is a good protein.  I eat organic tofu, unless I am at a restaurant and I have no idea if it is organic or not.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on November 01, 2018, 01:11:28 PM

Have you tried soy milk?  If you like it, perhaps this liking one of them is similar to some people enjoying tomatoes but not ketchup, or the other way around.

Chrissy

•  

Devlyn

We were at a pub last night with a support group. Megan had fish and chips, I had sweet chilli chicken linguine. We had dessert at home, Devylled condensed milk (boiled in the can). Don't try this at home, kids. Professionals only.  :laugh:
  •  

Katie Jade

Rump steak and salad before eldest son comes round and drinks all my beer (yes I drink other fluids than gin..)

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*      ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

davina61

cut up a steak and did beef in black bean sauce with noodles .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

A big bowl of soup with tofu and tempura shrimp.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Chili con carne.  I just got my annual order of 6 pounds (~3kg) of fresh red and green chili powder from New Mexico.  It's so much tastier than the stuff from the store.

And yes, my chili contains about a cup of chili powder because I have a serious problem.  ;D
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on November 03, 2018, 11:32:11 AM
Chili con carne.  I just got my annual order of 6 pounds (~3kg) of fresh red and green chili powder from New Mexico.  It's so much tastier than the stuff from the store.

And yes, my chili contains about a cup of chili powder because I have a serious problem.  ;D

Wow, you must like your chili very spicy hot!

Chrissy
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I do, but since I'm the only one who likes it that hot in the house I use mild chili powder.  It ends up being very mild in the heat department with a great red and green pepper flavor combination.

I can always toss some of my hot powder in to pep up what I am eating.
  •  

Donica

I love spicy hot. I can't get enough. It just doesn't like me the next day.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

No, it loves you.  A fiery, passionate kind of love.
  •  

Devlyn

Hotdogs. Megan has a pot of chili going but it won't be ready for awhile.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I enjoy chili but it seems to help put on weight for me.
You see, I have to make a large pot of it at a time it seems, then because it usually tastes pretty good, I eat too much of it too soon.  I do freeze some but then I find myself just pulling it out of the freezer and sooner, not later, it ends up in my tummy. 

Sound like I need more self control!  Ice cream has a similar effect on me.

Chrissy

•  

Colleen_definitely

I know that feeling all too well. Same goes for homemade macaroni and cheese, it's instant glutton mode.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 03, 2018, 12:46:00 PM
I enjoy chili but it seems to help put on weight for me.
You see, I have to make a large pot of it at a time it seems, then because it usually tastes pretty good, I eat too much of it too soon.  I do freeze some but then I find myself just pulling it out of the freezer and sooner, not later, it ends up in my tummy. 

Sound like I need more self control!  Ice cream has a similar effect on me.

Chrissy

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on November 03, 2018, 01:07:40 PM
I know that feeling all too well. Same goes for homemade macaroni and cheese, it's instant glutton mode.

It's like some foods put out their own pheromones!  :laugh:
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I really wonder if there's anything along those lines going on.

Some food I just eat until I'm satisfied like a normal person.  With those other foods in the middle of the first bite my brain says EAT ALL THE THINGS!

It's dangerous, and HRT has certainly made it worse.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on November 03, 2018, 03:17:01 PM
I really wonder if there's anything along those lines going on.

Some food I just eat until I'm satisfied like a normal person.  With those other foods in the middle of the first bite my brain says EAT ALL THE THINGS!

It's dangerous, and HRT has certainly made it worse.

Colleen,

So are you thinking that mtf HRT has given you or intensified cravings for some foods?
I wonder how common that is.  Some people say they have a harder time losing weight
after starting HRT.

Chrissy

•