Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

I was thinking about maybe some seafood, or maybe chili.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

davina61

Fish curry from my very old cookbook (mid 70s) 2 onions chopped, 25g fresh ginger crushed, 5 cloves garlic crushed, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp each chilli, ground coriander, ground cumin, garam masala , 1 kilo white fish cut into 2.5 cm cubes, salt, tin chopped tomatoes , 1 green chilli split in half and deseeded, 1 green pepper chopped and coriander leaves.  3 tbls oil in a pan, fry onion till light brown add ginger, garlic, and spice powders, cook 15 sec and add fish. stir to coat and add tomatoes and salt and chilli, cover and simmer for 10 mins then remove from heat and add green pepper and coriander , serve with  rice or roti (chapati) 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I made some delicious chili, using fresh tomatoes and red hot "Dragon Cayenne" chili peppers.
I may have put in too many sliced peppers!  Wow!

Needless to say, I am drinking lots of water.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

davina61

Beef and ale pie followed by Bakewell tart all made from scratch.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: davina61 on November 13, 2018, 02:12:00 PM
Beef and ale pie followed by Bakewell tart all made from scratch.

Now that sounds really good!  Yum!

I am having some more leftover chili, which is good.

Chrissy
  •  

davina61

Anything like that is always better reheated
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Donica

Still doing the multi veggie chicken salad thing. I thought I would add some bacon bits and pico de gallo to tonight's dinner.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Veggies:  Steamed and soft broccoli, asparagus, and carrots. 

Chrissy
  •  

stephaniec

sauerkraut  and roast beed sandaiches
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I am going for another freshly steamed plate of vegetables.

I might have some pineapple or cherries for a snack afterwards.

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

After all that chili earlier this week, and the yummy low calorie veggies, I decided that some Angus beef was appealing for supper.  Plus some asparagus.

I wish I had some snickerdoodles or cinnamon rolls, but they do not help with the calorie count or carbs, do they?   :)

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Well steak is on sale so I will be eating another medium rare one tonight, a New York Strip.
Add to that sweet peas, corn, and a salad with Russian dressing.  Yum.

Still craving cinnamon rolls, snickerdoodles, oatmeal raisin cookies, and ice cream but I will skip that (easy to do as I have none of it!), as the blouse I bought yesterday is slightly tight at the bustline.  Busting out, even at the bustline, for a button-up top is not a good thing.  I probably will return it, oh fooey, as it was bought at a good price.

Enjoy your suppers.  Or are they dinners?   Whatever!   :)

Chrissy

•  

Colleen_definitely

Beans and cornbread because because a meal with a ridiculously high amount of carbs sounds good.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on November 18, 2018, 11:10:06 AM
Beans and cornbread because because a meal with a ridiculously high amount of carbs sounds good.

Yes, it does sound good!

Chrissy
  •  

davina61

sliced beef in gravy ( bought it as was in reduced shelf and its been in freezer ) made so more gravy to go with it and did mash spuds, carrot and beans with some left over broccoli. Made a microwave jam sponge for pud with lots of custard.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

ChrissyRyan

Salad, tomato soup, meatloaf, and sweet peas.  Still no cinnamon rolls or snickerdoodles.

Chrissy
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 18, 2018, 06:55:42 PM
Salad, tomato soup, meatloaf, and sweet peas.  Still no cinnamon rolls or snickerdoodles.

Chrissy
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
Ahhhhh...... meatloaf, one of my favorite comfort foods.... it is always enjoyable even as leftovers so I always make a bigger than needed meatloaf. 
....and I still have some Snickerdoodles left in the cookie jar.... mmm, mmm, good.

It is just 4:00pm here so I am just starting to thinkk about dinner... since I am making dinner just for myself tonight I am keeping it simple, 
A breakfast dinner:  French Toast, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Orange slices, and a hot cup of decaf coffee to ward off the cold weather....
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 18, 2018, 07:11:20 PM
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
Ahhhhh...... meatloaf, one of my favorite comfort foods.... it is always enjoyable even as leftovers so I always make a bigger than needed meatloaf. 
....and I still have some Snickerdoodles left in the cookie jar.... mmm, mmm, good.

It is just 4:00pm here so I am just starting to thinkk about dinner... since I am making dinner just for myself tonight I am keeping it simple, 
A breakfast dinner:  French Toast, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Orange slices, and a hot cup of decaf coffee to ward off the cold weather....
Danielle

Danielle,

Your dinner sounds good to me.  Lucky you with the Snickerdoodles.

I do enjoy your posts, as I do of the many thoughtful and helpful regular posters here.

Chrissy
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Breakfast for dinner is always a fine idea.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •