Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

I will start out with some soup.  We will see what happens after that!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

MollyPants

Tonight is pizza night!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

I think I will have tofu tonight.  Maybe in a noodle soup.
I often have it for lunch.
It is good stuff, after you acquire a taste for it.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 20, 2018, 03:31:08 PM
I think I will have tofu tonight. Maybe in a noodle soup.
I often have it for lunch.
It is good stuff, after you acquire a taste for it.
Chrissy

@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
Soup or a nice stew... and toast are always a favorite go to and easy to fix meal for lunch or dinner.    Nothing better than coming home after a day out in the cold and at work to step into the house and smell good things....

Before I left for work today I have my slow cooker at home working on a "campfire"  soup with lots of veggies.

My "campfire" soup has a generous amount of browned lean ground beef chunks, chopped onions, barley, green beans, mushrooms, corn, peas carrots and whatever else I can find in my refridgerator..... I make it in a slightly thickened beef broth base.

This is always a favorite when out camping so hence the name.
I always make more than I can eat so the leftovers will come with me to work for a few days.... 
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Danielle,

Your campfire soup sounds good, I have made similar but not with added barley. 
I think I may just have a light breakfast or just lunchtime tofu, then skip an evening meal.
Holiday season has a lot of good eats and I want no weight gain creeping up on me.

Chrissy
  •  

davina61

In my quest to make some room in freezer I found some burgers that (barbeque never happened) have been in there for 3 months. So fried some onions, chestnut mushrooms, added chopped up burgers , some Worcester sauce and a beef stock cube and frozen peas. Put it in a dish and covered with ready to roll short pastry. Forgot to say burgers had cheese in them so made the gravy thick and tasty. Made an apple pie for afters with left over pastry and a Bakewell tart.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

ChrissyRyan

Well I will probably eat more turkey.  Tofu for lunch, perhaps in a wide noodle soup.

Many times some foods seem to taste really good as leftovers.
Turkey and fixings, meatloaf, chili, stews, and occasionally, some, but not all, pizzas.
That list could be easily extended of course.

I think that french fries are not in the list of best foods that taste good as leftovers.  Make a new batch!

Chrissy
  •  

davina61

Put them in the oven, makes them crispy . same for left over pizza . Goan fish curry but don't have enough prawns and slightly short on fish for recipe , still its only for me not 4.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 24, 2018, 07:01:44 AM
Well I will probably eat more turkey.  Tofu for lunch, perhaps in a wide noodle soup.

Many times some foods seem to taste really good as leftovers.
Turkey and fixings, meatloaf, chili, stews, and occasionaly, some, but not all, pizzas.
That list could be easily extended of course.

I think that french fries are not in the list of best foods that taste good as leftovers.  Make a new batch!

Chrissy

Speak of the Devyl... we're having leftover chili tonight.  :)
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I think now that I have had enough turkey for awhile.  Good stuff, but I need a change.

Some fresh baked rolls still do sound appealing though.

Chrissy
  •  

Jessica

Homemade turkey soup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on November 24, 2018, 08:28:35 PM
Homemade turkey soup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Jessica
Dear Jess:
Well, you and I must be on the very same wavelength.  I was fortunate enough to bring back home with me some leftover turkey....  and also some of my fresh baked dinner rolls that I had brought....

... so I  made a turkey soup also... and as you did, I put in carrots, celery, onions and whatever else I found in the refrigerator.  I prefer my soups to be thickened a little.... just the way I like it... and it is so very good, especially on a cold night... and I have more left in the crock pot for later.

I enjoyed your soup picture.
Thanks for posting and sharing.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 24, 2018, 06:59:12 PM
I think now that I have had enough turkey for awhile.  Good stuff, but I need a change.

Some fresh baked rolls still do sound appealing though.

Chrissy
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
I hear you but there are lots of tasty things to do with leftover turkey....  I made some Turkey Soup on Friday, so very good on a cold day or cold night.  Another thing I make with left over turkey is a "Turkey Melt"  ...on bread lay out some thin turkey slices, then tomato slices and finally topped with cheddar cheese and put in the oven on broil until the cheese is melted.........  so very good too!!!

Ahh, yes, I have some of my leftover fresh baked dinner rolls... so good any way you can eat them... mini turkey sandwiches, or just warmed up and spread some butter and my homemade raspberry jam on them.
mmm, mmm, good !

Thanks for sharing and posting.
Danielle

•  

Jessica

@Alaskan Danielle

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 24, 2018, 09:15:44 PM
@Jessica
Dear Jess:
Well, you and I must be on the very same wavelength.  I was fortunate enough to bring back home with me some leftover turkey....  and also some of my fresh baked dinner rolls that I had brought....

... so I  made a turkey soup also... and as you did, I put in carrots, celery, onions and whatever else I found in the refrigerator.  I prefer my soups to be thickened a little.... just the way I like it... and it is so very good, especially on a cold night... and I have more left in the crock pot for later.

I enjoyed your soup picture.
Thanks for posting and sharing.
Hugs,
Danielle

Danielle, I shred potatoes into mine as it cooks to thicken it up and give it a creamy texture.
And barley always finds it's way in my soups...love it!
My crock pot is doing the same as yours, aren't they handy!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 24, 2018, 09:24:40 PM
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
I hear you but there are lots of tasty things to do with leftover turkey....  I made some Turkey Soup on Friday, so very good on a cold day or cold night.  Another thing I make with left over turkey is a "Turkey Melt"  ...on bread lay out some thin turkey slices, then tomato slices and finally topped with cheddar cheese and put in the oven on broil until the cheese is melted.........  so very good too!!!

Ahh, yes, I have some of my leftover fresh baked dinner rolls... so good any way you can eat them... mini turkey sandwiches, or just warmed up and spread some butter and my homemade raspberry jam on them.
mmm, mmm, good !

Thanks for sharing and posting.
Danielle

I do like those various ways to eat turkey.  Yummy.

I think though that I have gobbled-up enough of that good tasting turkey for the time being and will take a short pause from it.

Ah yes.  The rolls.  They can be soooooo good also!   

Enjoy your turkey soup, melts, and mini-sandwiches.   :)

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

After taking a two day pause from turkey, today's menu includes:

Turkey
Mashed taters
Stuffing
Gravy
Cranberries
Yams
Small Salad, no Romaine fooey

Chrissy
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 26, 2018, 03:09:13 PM
After taking a two day pause from turkey, today's menu includes:

Turkey
Mashed taters
Stuffing
Gravy
Cranberries
Yams
Small Salad, no Romaine fooey

Chrissy

@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
Aweee... a mini-repeat of Thanksgiving dinner.   
I just knew that you could not resist revisiting Turkey again.   

I do that as well for the big full-meal-deals at my Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter dinners.   
The leftovers taste just as good as when they were first served.... 
....and if not, just add more copious amounts of GRAVY !!!

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

davina61

you can always make a turkey Jelfraizie (sorry cant be assed to look up speeling) as a Jelfrazie  is for any left over poultry , think I posted recipe on here some time ago.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on November 26, 2018, 03:46:59 PM
you can always make a turkey Jelfraizie (sorry cant be assed to look up speeling) as a Jelfrazie  is for any left over poultry , think I posted recipe on here some time ago.
@davina61
Dear Davina:
Thank you for tip about Jalfrezi ...  your spelling was very close to being correct.   
For others that may not know about Jalfrezi, here is some information about it.

Jalfrezi is a curry dish originating in the Indian subcontinent.   
                  It consists of a main ingredient such as meat, fish, paneer (a kind of cheese)
                  or vegetables, stir-fried and served in a thick spicy sauce
                  that usually includes green chilli peppers

Again, thank you for posting your valuable thoughts...  I can always count on you for food preparation tips, you demonstrate your expertise in that subject in many of your postings on your thread and around the forums.

Hugs,
Danielle

•