Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

The one I use is a dryish sauce with red bell pepper, beans and meat added at end to heat through. With a bit of prep only takes 15mins to cook. Not much use posting recipe as doubt any one will have ingredients like coriander seeds and cumin seeds that need to be ground in mortis . Will be making one tomorrow as have a ready cooked chicken that needs using by tomorrow , the rest is going in slow cooker.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I really enjoy eating various seeds and I use a lot on sandwiches and other foods.
In season I also enjoy fresh fennel, when out of season, the fennel seeds for sure.
These make many foods simply taste better, at least to me.   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Devlyn

Coffee for breakfast, omelette for lunch, I might work my way up to lunch by dinnertime!  :laugh:
  •  

NatalieRene

Tonight I am going to have a pancake with maple syrup, 4 eggs scrambled and two pieces of turkey bacon along with a bottle of water.
  •  

davina61

Fried sausages chopped up and mixed in a veg curry with shop bought brown rice and quinoa
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

I left early yesterday afternoon from my office today to go home to make dinner for 3 of my Book Club gal friends.   
It is a simple dinner to prepare, one of my favorite "One-Pot" meals that is great on a cold night.

All in on big pot...  Kielbasa and lots of veggies... carrots, onions, peppers, red potoatoes, cabbage, celery... and sometimes whatever else I can find in my refrigerator.   In the pot is a steamer tray... steam and cook fairly slowly for 40 minutes or so and presto... a wonderfully satisfying meal.

So very tasty, healthy veggies, and easy to fix.
After dinner we had some brief discussions about what books that we want to read around Christmas time.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 27, 2018, 06:18:45 PM
I left early yesterday afternoon from my office today to go home to make dinner for 3 of my Book Club gal friends.   
It is a simple dinner to prepare, one of my favorite "One-Pot" meals that is great on a cold night.

All in on big pot...  Kielbasa and lots of veggies... carrots, onions, peppers, red potoatoes, cabbage, celery... and sometimes whatever else I can find in my refrigerator.   In the pot is a steamer tray... steam and cook fairly slowly for 40 minutes or so and presto... a wonderfully satisfying meal.

So very tasty, healthy veggies, and easy to fix.
After dinner we had some brief discussions about what books that we want to read around Christmas time.
Danielle

Besides tasting good, this meal's ingredients have a lot of eye appeal as they are colorful, as can be seen on the board, and as seen in the cooking pot, as well as their presentation on the meal plate.  Nicely done Danielle.

Chrissy

•  

Anjanette Miranda

Tonight my wife made us some very yummy turkey Enchiladas.
And refried beans.  I think that is the last of the turkey.

AJ
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Homemade marinara sauce over spaghetti squash with meatballs and garlic cheese bread.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on November 28, 2018, 05:56:02 PM
Homemade marinara sauce over spaghetti squash with meatballs and garlic cheese bread.

I have never tried that, but I do hope to someday.  Seems worthy of a try!   :)

Chrissy
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Spaghetti squash is definitely not exactly like pasta, but it still tastes really great with a good sauce.  Just don't go into it expecting wheat pasta and I bet you'll like it.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on November 28, 2018, 06:36:26 PM
Spaghetti squash is definitely not exactly like pasta, but it still tastes really great with a good sauce.  Just don't go into it expecting wheat pasta and I bet you'll like it.
@Colleen_definitely
Dear Colleen:
I know, I know...
Spaghetti Squash is supposed to be better and healthier for us with less carbs and all of that, however for me nothing beats "real pasta" ... my favorite type of spaghetti is Angel Hair  ... the really thin, thin, thin version of Spaghetti.   ... and of course lots and lots of fairly thick sauce made with garlic, sliced mushrooms, diced onions, diced bell peppers, chunks of diced tomatoes... and must have chunks of ground beef, or better yet, MeatBalls... and a good alternative to the ground beef or Meat Balls are Italian Link Sausages and when the Spaghetti and Sauce is served, topped with lots fresh grated Parmesan Cheese.
I am getting hungry just talking about this.

In the past and when I have time I have made my own pasta... perhaps I will do that again soon and provide photos.
Danielle

•  

NatalieRene

I cooked myself an angus burger with a potato bread bun, baby spinach and fresh tomatoes and had a side of peas with it. The drink of choice, water. :D
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: NatalieRene on November 28, 2018, 09:59:32 PM
I cooked myself an angus burger with a potato bread bun, baby spinach and fresh tomatoes and had a side of peas with it. The drink of choice, water. :D
@NatalieRene

I really love fresh Potato bread buns and rolls.... so yummy

Danielle

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on November 28, 2018, 06:36:26 PM

I will give it a try.  I do like pasta, as it has a lot of pastabilities!     :)

Chrissy
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 28, 2018, 09:55:05 PM
@Colleen_definitely
Dear Colleen:
I know, I know...
Spaghetti Squash is supposed to be better and healthier for us with less carbs and all of that, however for me nothing beats "real pasta" ... my favorite type of spaghetti is Angel Hair  ... the really thin, thin, thin version of Spaghetti.   ... and of course lots and lots of fairly thick sauce made with garlic, sliced mushrooms, diced onions, diced bell peppers, chunks of diced tomatoes... and must have chunks of ground beef, or better yet, MeatBalls... and a good alternative to the ground beef or Meat Balls are Italian Link Sausages and when the Spaghetti and Sauce is served, topped with lots fresh grated Parmesan Cheese.
I am getting hungry just talking about this.

In the past and when I have time I have made my own pasta... perhaps I will do that again soon and provide photos.
Danielle

Oh I am absolutely with you on the pasta thing.  I LOVE pasta, LOOOOOOOVE it.  Thick sauces, thin sauces, cream or tomato based, mixes of both, or even just butter, garlic, and parmesan.  I make a pretty good lasagna as well.  In any case these creations usually include an amount of garlic that borders on completely insane.  Last night's sauce and bread had five heads of roasted garlic and plenty of powder and crushed garlic thrown in.  (I really ought to visit the Stinking Rose restaurant.)

While I enjoy the squash it is definitely not a complete replacement for the real deal.  But alas, it is a lower calorie substitute for me now due to previous excesses.

Making pasta is a bit laborious but fun.  I usually end up making thicker spaetzle style noodles due to the simplicity.  My girlfriend's mom gave us one of those little pasta roller machines and I've been meaning to try it out but life has been a bit hectic as of late.  Since I'm taking December off for FFS and BA I'll make a point to play with it once I've healed up enough from surgery.

•  

V M

Another good one is the zucchini noodle spaghetti, there is a small device you can get and you just put the zucchini like you are sharpening a really big eyeliner pencil - Is like $10 at Walliworld

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Yep, I have one of the crank ones.  It's much easier to prepare than a spaghetti squash.  If you overcook a spaghetti squash it just turns to mush.

You aren't limited to zucchini either, I've used yellow squash and even butternut squash with mine with great results.
  •  

V M

Yeah, I get a kick mine and it's a healthy alternative to regular pasta although I love that stuff too  ;D

Tonight I'm thinking to make a Chicken Alfredo Manicotti
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •