Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa89125

Having left over chili. It's cold with freezing rain all day.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Maid Marion

After raking leaves in freezing weather for four hours I had deep fried scallops and chocolate while cooking the spaghetti and meatballs.  A really decadent way to eat chocolate is to warm it up using the exhaust vent of the oven.

Just in case, I dug out a never used Rival meat grinder out of the basement and prepped it for use.  Turns out I just needed to cut the casing of a large sausage link and mix the meat with the ground beef. Tossed in Italian breadcrumbs and an egg to hold it all together.  Don't remember if I added any salt. Mixed it up an left it in the refrigerator for a few hours, then added chopped onions. Scooped it into a pan with an ice cream scoop and baked it for 15 minutes.  Then I simmered it in jar pasta sauce while cooking the pasta.

Turned out great!  Tasted like I expect spaghetti meatballs to taste.  And I have leftovers for tomorrow.  ;D
  •  

V M

I made spaghetti with my baseball sized meatballs again  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on December 09, 2018, 06:20:49 PM
I made spaghetti with my baseball sized meatballs again  ;D

Those are very big meatballs VM!  Wow.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Lisa89125

Amen!

I like to alternate between just ground beef, meat balls, sausage. Sometimes I sub macaroni for thin spaghetti. Sometimes I have Texas garlic toast as well. I like to also have some salad on the side. Cucumber salad especially.

Lisa

•  

ChrissyRyan

Somebody told me awhile ago that those big household furnishings stores named IKEA have restaurants and that they serve reasonably priced tasty meatballs there and to carryout.  Has anyone tried them there?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Devlyn

I just had a grilled ham & cheese sandwich for lunch, and we're defrosting a batch of Megan's homemade venison stew for tonight's dinner.  :)
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Devlyn on December 10, 2018, 07:36:06 AM
I just had a grilled ham & cheese sandwich for lunch, and we're defrosting a batch of Megan's homemade venison stew for tonight's dinner.  :)

Oh deer.   :)

Sounds good!

Chrissy
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 10, 2018, 07:25:27 AM
Somebody told me awhile ago that those big household furnishings stores named IKEA have restaurants and that they serve reasonably priced tasty meatballs there and to carryout.  Has anyone tried them there?

Chrissy
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
Yes, IKEA is a Swedish owned company with stores around the world, the restaurants inside their stores serve classic Swedish foods such as Swedish Meatballs....   VERY VERY GOOD.   

Italian meatballs that most of us are more familiar with sometimes include grated parmesan, as well as garlic, dried oregano and are usually served in a , often chunky tomato or marinara sauce.

Swedish meatballs traditionally smaller than Italian Meatballs and use spices like allspice, nutmeg, white pepper, and sometimes ground ginger as flavoring.... and are cooked in and served in a lighter color rich, roux gravy made with beef broth and sour cream.

You can look up recipes for Swedish Meatballs versus Italian Meatballs and you will see the difference.   I like both types of Meatballs but generally the Italian Meatballs go with the meals that I make most often.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Devlyn

•  

davina61

Staggered by that , Dinner tonight is unknown as have been invited out
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Devlyn

•  

ChrissyRyan

I think that I will enjoy some stuffed bell peppers.

Pizza is on my mind too, but I want the meat and rice and tomato saucey peppers more.   :)

Chrissy
  •  

Lisa89125

•  

NatalieRene

Tonight I'm going to have two blueberry waffles with maple syrup, three scrambled eggs, two pieces of turkey bacon and a bottle of water.
  •  

Jessica_K

Tonight I cooked Tuscan pork and cannellini bean casserole with a pecorino and parsley pesto. Really yummy though my partner said I added to much celery
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

ChrissyRyan

Roast beef on an egg bun, with a long-cut pickle wedge, horseradish, tomato, and lettuce.
Plus hot chicken noodle soup.
  •  

Lisa89125

I've done nothing but eat junk all day. >:-)

Had the other burger from last night with coleslaw and macaroni salad and some tossed salad. I didn't feel like cooking anything else. Been in a grumpy mood all day today.

Lisa

•  

Maid Marion

Set the heat too high on the last of the meatballs and burned the sauce.  >:(
Luckily I caught it in time to pull the meatballs out and warm them up in more sauce. So dinner turned out just fine despite that minor mishap.  ;D
  •  

Lisa89125

I'm making meatballs and spaghetti tomorrow. I'm hoping I don't burn the meatballs like last time.  :-\

Lisa

•