Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MollyPants

I had cheese, crackers and charcuterie for supper. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Lisa89125

That's what I should be eating. Need to lose weight.  >:-)

Spaghetti tonight.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I think I will have some fish.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Devlyn

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Devlyn on December 19, 2018, 03:58:18 PM
Tacos!

Tacos can be very tasty. 

Is it true that authentic Mexican restaurant corn tortilla tacos, say those that are made with asada (beef steak), have no cheese added on top of the meat?  Instead, limes, seasoned onions, and radishes are provided on the side.  Onions and cilantro may be in the taco also.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 19, 2018, 04:13:22 PM

Tacos can be very tasty. 

Is it true that authentic Mexican restaurant corn tortilla tacos, say those that are made with asada (beef steak), have no cheese added on top of the meat?  Instead, limes, seasoned onions, and radishes are provided on the side.  Onions and cilantro may be in the taco also.

Chrissy

Ours were ribeye steak, black beans, cheese, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream and chives on hard corn tortillas. With jalapeno poppers and sweet potato fries.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Devlyn on December 19, 2018, 04:22:09 PM
Ours were ribeye steak, black beans, cheese, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream and chives on hard corn tortillas. With jalapeno poppers and sweet potato fries.

It sounds like you two went deluxe with your tacos.  Yummy!

Chrissy
  •  

Maid Marion

I've had tacos made with onions and cilantro, no cheese, in California.  There was also a taco joint nearby that would make tacos that way if you asked, but they were only around a couple of years. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Maid Marion on December 19, 2018, 04:45:47 PM
I've had tacos made with onions and cilantro, no cheese, in California.  There was also a taco joint nearby that would make tacos that way if you asked, but they were only around a couple of years.

Thank you.   :)

Chrissy
  •  

V M

When I lived in San Diego I would visit friends in Mexico fairly regularly

Some of the taco stands would have a few condiments but mostly the tacos were pretty simple but tasty

There were also nice restaurants where you could get fancier dinners, that's when they'd start adding cheese to some things and pretty much everything comes with a side of frijoles

My favorite was to drive to the coast and get fish tacos and ceviche 

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on December 19, 2018, 05:28:11 PM

Some of the taco stands would have a few condiments but mostly the tacos were pretty simple but tasty

There were also nice restaurants where you could get fancier dinners, that's when they'd start adding cheese to some things and pretty much everything comes with a side of frijoles

Thanks Virginia.  I hope your sprain is better and that you are not in lots of pain.  I am sorry you had that accident and that you lost a tooth on top of the other hurts.

Chrissy
  •  

V M

Thanks, I'm a little stiff and sore but I feel better already - Not much I can do about the tooth but I'll be okay
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@V M
As you hinted, the "Americanized" Mexican food that we get here is not quite like the genuine foods that one would get in Mexico.   Same thing regarding Italian Food in the USA...  much different than the original article.

Usually simpler and less ingredients... but the original genuine article is very, very good.
~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~
Hey girl, HEAL up real fast, the sprain will heal, but teeth do not get better on their own... but you know that. 

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: V M on December 19, 2018, 05:28:11 PM

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Well with all this talk about tacos, I changed plans and made three simple tacos.

They were good.

Chrissy
  •  

GingerVicki

•  

Devlyn

Megan and I are going to have sauerbraten for Christmas, we started pickling it today. We picked up a silverside roast (bottom round or rump roast for my US friends), and it's in a Ziploc bag with half a bottle of cider vinegar, about 3/4 of a bottle of red wine, about 15 crushed juniper berries, three bay leaves, sugar, salt, dry mustard, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, sage, thyme, garlic, onion, carrots, and celery. We'll be turning it repeatedly until Christmas morning, when we'll sear it, braise it in the marinade for several hours, then strain and thicken the liquid with ginger snaps to make a sauce for the sliced beef. We'll be serving it with boiled potatoes and Brussel sprouts.
  •  

Lisa89125

Devlyn, Sounds good.

I'm doing sloppy joe's tonight.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

MollyPants

Our vegan friend came round so we had a nut roast and all the trimmings. It was actually quite nice to focus on the veggies for a change!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

davina61

cooked chicken reheated in gravy with sprouts, carrots, broccoli and mashed swede 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•