Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jenny1969

Today I'm making enchiladas  red and green 
Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

ChrissyRyan

Well I blew it today and ate 35 to 40 Ritz crackers, but with no cheese.

So no dinner for me!   

Maybe some fruit for dessert.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Maid Marion

Oh No!

I buy Ritz crackers in 8 packs.  14 crackers per pack.  Helps me with portion control.

Marion
  •  

Jenny1969

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 05, 2019, 05:09:09 PM
Well I blew it today and ate 35 to 40 Ritz crackers, but with no cheese.

So no dinner for me!   

Maybe some fruit for dessert.

Chrissy

Whats wrong with Ritz crackers?   Am I missing something?   I accidently ate a whole box or CheesItz  without even realizing it. Watching TV with food in arms reach is very dangerous.

Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

Julia1996

Last night I made Sourbraten. I actually started it Tuesday. It has to marinate for at least 4 days. I was actually planning to have it tonight but my dad and brother were getting antsy for me to cook it. Lol.   I served it with Spätzle which is one of my dad's favorites.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

MaryT

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 03, 2019, 09:05:31 AM
I wouldn't doubt it. My boyfriend is Aussie and he's eaten some weird food. Kangaroo, ostrich, koala bear. I don't know if he was just messing with me about the koala. Koala and kangaroo!  How could anyone eat something so adorable. 😢  Oh and I can't leave out vegemite! EWWWWW!

I don't know whether he was joking about the koala but I'm sure that he's kidding about the Vegemite.  Nobody could eat that.  Koalas do seem to appear on the menu in China, though:

Braised Koala

I suspect that if someone orderered the koala, it would be taken away for "butchering"  and some other kind of meat would be served to the customer.  Why kill a valuable live koala when it could be displayed over and over again?  I HOPE that that is what would happen.  I did see something similar on a street stall in Yorkshire, England.  Customers had the choice of burgers made of beef, kangaroo or springbok (a Southern African antelope).  I asked for a springbok burger.  The one I was given  just happened to be one of the two identical burgers that were being grilled at the time.  I have no doubt that if I had asked for kangaroo, he would have given me the same burger.

Some menus are more believable than that of the Yorkshire street stall and I must admit that if I saw a real koala burger on offer, I would eat it.  I prefer watching live wildlife but when I can't, eating it is as close to nature as I can get.  From reliable sources, I have eaten elephant, giraffe, crocodile, Cape buffalo, ostrich, guinea fowl, kudu, blesbok, springbok, impala, kangaroo, wild boar, red deer, pheasant and swordfish.

If your boyfriend is missing koala, you might get this stuff for him if it becomes available again:

Canned Koala Meat .

If he doesn't eat it, you could at least add another koala to your plush toy collection.  If you  look at the picture with the can's contents list, you will see that the ingredients include "cuteness 100%".
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: MaryT on January 06, 2019, 10:34:00 AM
I don't know whether he was joking about the koala but I'm sure that he's kidding about the Vegemite.  Nobody could eat that.  Koalas do seem to appear on the menu in China, though:

Braised Koala

I suspect that if someone orderered the koala, it would be taken away for "butchering"  and some other kind of meat would be served to the customer.  Why kill a valuable live koala when it could be displayed over and over again?  I HOPE that that is what would happen.  I did see something similar on a street stall in Yorkshire, England.  Customers had the choice of burgers made of beef, kangaroo or springbok (a Southern African antelope).  I asked for a springbok burger.  The one I was given  just happened to be one of the two identical burgers that were being grilled at the time.  I have no doubt that if I had asked for kangaroo, he would have given me the same burger.

Some menus are more believable than that of the Yorkshire street stall and I must admit that if I saw a real koala burger on offer, I would eat it.  I prefer watching live wildlife but when I can't, eating it is as close to nature as I can get.  From reliable sources, I have eaten elephant, giraffe, crocodile, Cape buffalo, ostrich, guinea fowl, kudu, blesbok, springbok, impala, kangaroo, wild boar, red deer, pheasant and swordfish.

If your boyfriend is missing koala, you might get this stuff for him if it becomes available again:

Canned Koala Meat .

If he doesn't eat it, you could at least add another koala to your plush toy collection.  If you  look at the picture with the can's contents list, you will see that the ingredients include "cuteness 100%".

I wish the vegemite were a joke. I have 2 large jars of it in my pantry. Tristan loves that nasty stuff and eats it a lot. One of his favorite snacks is bread with butter and vegemite on it. Eww skeeze alert!😖  He even has the nerve to put that vile stuff on the delicious omelettes I fix him. Of course Tyler puts ketchup on his. Those two don't appreciate good eggs,
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Has anyone here eaten turtle?  I have had frog legs, but not turtle.
I have heard of turtle soup. 

Then there are chocolates called turtles, those were good.

In the cooking topic, there are topics for most liked and most hated foods.
Some of you may wish to take a visit if you have not.

Chrissy
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 06, 2019, 12:06:56 PM

Chrissy

There is a recipie for turtle soup in one of the vintage cookbooks my dad gave me from one of his treasure hunts in a used bookstore. I have never eaten turtle and I wouldn't. Poor turtles! I could also never cook a live lobster! That is just awful! I know some people kill the lobster before putting in the water but that's just as bad! I couldn't kill an animal. The most "exotic" food I have eaten is horse. I had no idea it was horse though until after I ate it. When we were in France we went to a restaurant and the menus were all in French. My grandparents taught my dad French so he can read it and speak it. I told him to find something for me and he got me a horse steak! He thought it was quite funny. God, dad humor is so NOT funny! Especially my dad's. He almost ordered pigeon for Tyler but thought that might be going too far since Tyler is Mr. OCD weirdo over food. OMG, pigeon!  They actually eat pigeon!  A pigeon is like a flying rat! Nasty!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 06, 2019, 12:06:56 PM

Chrissy

Never had turtle, but my understanding is that there are seven kinds of meat on a turtle.

"A large snapping turtle is said to contain seven distinct types of meat, each reminiscent of pork, chicken, beef, shrimp, veal, fish or goat."

We had chili cheese dogs with mustard and sour cream, and made nachos with the rest of the chili. We're eating American style tonight!
  •  

Devlyn

Oh, and if you want to wig out your guests, you can make a "faux turtle", the recipe uses stuffing and a flank steak.... yes, I did this to my friends, their daughter fell for it hook, line, and sinker, and refused to eat it until we showed her the recipe, the box of stuffing, and the package that the flank steak came in!  >:-)
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Devlyn on January 06, 2019, 12:40:37 PM
Oh, and if you want to wig out your guests, you can make a "faux turtle", the recipe uses stuffing and a flank steak.... yes, I did this to my friends, their daughter fell for it hook, line, and sinker, and refused to eat it until we showed her the recipe, the box of stuffing, and the package that the flank steak came in!  >:-)

That sounds like something you might do Devlyn! 

Chrissy
  •  

Devlyn

•  

ChrissyRyan

Devlyn,

Very interesting!   Faux turtle.

Chrissy
  •  

davina61

My Grandparents lived on Pidgeon and wild rabbit (money was tight) home grown veg and fruit (orchard) and made money running tea rooms(in there garden) selling home made cake and scones with home made jam. But then they were fit not fat!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Grilled fish or shrimp really sounds good, with grilled Brussels sprouts.

But I might settle for leftover chili as it easier to make!

Chrissy
  •  

V M

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 06, 2019, 09:34:01 AM
Last night I made Sourbraten. I actually started it Tuesday. It has to marinate for at least 4 days. I was actually planning to have it tonight but my dad and brother were getting antsy for me to cook it. Lol.   I served it with Spätzle which is one of my dad's favorites.

Oh I love Spätzle and it's so easy to make and mine always disappears if I bring some to a potluck get together  ;D

Friday I made a fun taco bowl thingy by putting a large flour tortilla in an oiled med. pan so it makes a seashell shaped bowl and baking it in the oven while I get all the other ingredients together  ;D

Ate the leftover taco mix last night
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on January 06, 2019, 04:54:39 PM
Oh I love Spätzle and it's so easy to make and mine always disappears if I bring some to a potluck get together  ;D

I made a fun taco bowl thingy by putting a large flour tortilla in an oiled med. pan so it makes a seashell shaped bowl and baking it in the oven while I get all the other ingredients together  ;D

That is creative and clever!  Simple too.  I like that. 

Chrissy
  •  

davina61

Bloody chicken again, my fault I bought a whole cooked chicken and have had some for lunch and dinner since Sat . Noodles with  sweet and sour chicken tonight (or black bean sauce, my favourite). then its slow cooker chicken stew for the rest of it. 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •