Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

In my slow cooker before I went to work this morning....   
Beef stew with all kinds of veggies, carrots, potatoes, onion, etc.
In a nice thick sauce!!!  yummy!
I can hardly wait to get home from work.

Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jessica_K

I was so bad, brought home a Chinese.
Shared with my partner, special fried rice, beef chow mien, S&S pork Hong Kong style, and crispy lamb pancakes.
3000000 Cals

Love Jessica
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 21, 2019, 06:48:27 PM
In my slow cooker before I went to work this morning....   
Beef stew with all kinds of veggies, carrots, potatoes, onion, etc.
In a nice thick sauce!!!  yummy!
I can hardly wait to get home from work.

Danielle

Danielle,

Did your stew turn out well?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

Last night I made fettuccine alfredo with hot Italian sausage but was still hungry so I made a quick bowl of cheesy instant mashed potatoes
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on January 22, 2019, 12:04:29 PM
Last night I made fettuccine alfredo with hot Italian sausage but was still hungry so I made a quick bowl of cheesy instant mashed potatoes

V M,

That sounds very good!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Colleen_definitely

As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on January 22, 2019, 08:55:27 PM
Mushroom and tofu fried rice.

That sounds delicious.  I will make a note to try it.

Chrissy
  •  

Laurie

I would like to say I made Cubed Pork with Potatoes, Yogurt, and Tamarind (Coorgh-Style Pork Curry) tonight. Did you notice the "would like to say" part? I suppose I can truthfully say I cooked a meal that was "inspired" by a recipe for Cubed Pork with Potatoes, Yogurt, and Tamarind (Coorgh-Style Pork Curry). I would also have to say it wasn't anything like said dish. What I cooked was another one of a kind, never to be duplicated Laurie meals loosely based on that dish though it looked (and I am sure tasted) nothing like it was supposed to. It could be because I didn't have all the ingredients and that I added a few of my own ingredients and wound up with curdled yogurt in the finished product.
  The surprising part was that it actually tasted good! Even my sister said it had good flavor though it was a bit spicy for her. As for myself I like the way it turned out. I finished the leftovers off. (Got rid of the evidence)

Anyway here is what it looked like... (the yellow hue is my lousy phone camera)

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Colleen_definitely

Lol

Yes sometimes when things go awry they still end up being successful.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 22, 2019, 09:02:10 PM

That sounds delicious.  I will make a note to try it.

Chrissy

I kept it simple. Sauteed chopped white onion in a mix of sesame and vegetable oil, tossed pieces of extra firm tofu in after the onions started to soften a little, then the mushrooms. Added sushi rice, seasoned with some soy sauce, chili garlic paste (huy Fong brand in my case) and then cracked an egg in and mixed thoroughly in the work.  It was good but a bit more in the way of veggies would have made it better.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 20, 2019, 07:35:02 PM

Devlyn,

Despite the mouth burns, did you like the pizza at Joe's?

Chrissy

Oh, yeah! It was everything I expected from a giant slice of New York thin crust.  :icon_dribble:
  •  

V M

Last night was clam chowder and dinner rolls
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Colleen_definitely

I sauteed some chicken thigh meat with onions, garlic, basil, mushrooms, and bell peppers.  I then tossed in a can of diced tomatoes and cooked it down a tad, then tossed some rotini pasta into the whole mess.  It came out pretty nice.
  •  

V M

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on January 23, 2019, 07:08:07 PM
I sauteed some chicken thigh meat with onions, garlic, basil, mushrooms, and bell peppers.  I then tossed in a can of diced tomatoes and cooked it down a tad, then tossed some rotini pasta into the whole mess.  It came out pretty nice.

Sounds pretty tasty  ;D

- V M
  •  

Laurie

Tonight I made roasted split Cornish hen that I coated with salt, pepper, basil, and thyme in oil. It was cooked covered with foil for 35 minutes. Then the foil was removed and glazed with equal parts or fresh squeezed orange juice and honey. Finished cooking for another 30 minutes  uncovered. I accompanied it with fried larger diced taters, onions. bacon pieces and small diced rainbow peppers. The designated veggie was butter steamed broccoli.

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica_K

Today I made smoked fish cakes with curry mayo on spring greens. Yummy
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

davina61

Laurie if you cant get Tamarind use lemon juice to give the dish that sour taste. Made a chicken and leak pie , had some cooked chicken thighs to use so chopped them up and fried them a bit. took them out the pan and fried sliced leek then added some water and carrot, when soft add chicken stock and reduce . put in chicken and stir in soft cheese. pastry top and cook 1/2 hr . Had some pastry left and did a pasty with chicken , potato ,sweet potato and pea filling to take to work tomorrow.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I am thinking of having some steamed Brussells sprouts.

Chrissy
  •