Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: MollyPants on February 05, 2019, 10:42:42 AM
Sausage casserole and rice and peas. Mm 

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

@MollyPants
I love Sausage, and with rice and peas on a cold night, sounds very good to me.... 

....  What time is dinner at your place???  I may want you to put on an extra table setting!
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Kielbasa sounds good.  Probably will not have any today though.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
My favorite "cold day" one-pot meal is Kielbasa (or smoked sausage), Cabbage wedges, Halved Potatoes, Carrots, halved onions... and whatever else I find in the refrigerator vegetable bin.   
Takes about 30-40 minutes being steamed on the stove-top.   

Easy to fix, and fairly quick to cook.
Hugs,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Maid Marion

Grilled Ribeye and Rocky Road ice cream!
  •  

V M

Roast beef sandwich with au jus sauce and homemade potato salad  ;D  It was the first time I'd cooked a roast, I was surprised at how amazingly easy it was and it came out great

I need to get one of those meat slicers so I can cut wafer thin slices for a better sandwich though

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

V M,

Congratulations on making the successful potato salad and roast!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I think that I will just have some blueberries.

Chrissy
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I was craving stir fry so I did broccoli, onion, water chestnut, and shrimp stir fry.

Quote from: V M on February 05, 2019, 06:49:38 PM
Roast beef sandwich with au jus sauce and homemade potato salad  ;D  It was the first time I'd cooked a roast, I was surprised at how amazingly easy it was and it came out great

I need to get one of those meat slicers so I can cut wafer thin slices for a better sandwich though

Looks good to me.  Roasts are easy and there's a lot you can do to experiment.  One odd ingredient that is great on a roast?  Powdered ranch dressing mix.  It's seriously fantastic, and super easy.  Powdered onion soup mix is another great option.  Roasts in a slow cooker are also really good, but they tend to shred more so they might not be quite what you want for a sandwich unless pulled beef/pork is what you're going for.

I do love my old Globe brand slicer.  It takes up a ton of room but it's so handy on the occasions when I need it.  Check out craigslist for used commercial slicers, sometimes you can get them really cheap.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

V M

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on February 05, 2019, 07:42:21 PM
I was craving stir fry so I did broccoli, onion, water chestnut, and shrimp stir fry.

Looks good to me.  Roasts are easy and there's a lot you can do to experiment.  One odd ingredient that is great on a roast?  Powdered ranch dressing mix.  It's seriously fantastic, and super easy.  Powdered onion soup mix is another great option.  Roasts in a slow cooker are also really good, but they tend to shred more so they might not be quite what you want for a sandwich unless pulled beef/pork is what you're going for.

I do love my old Globe brand slicer.  It takes up a ton of room but it's so handy on the occasions when I need it.  Check out craigslist for used commercial slicers, sometimes you can get them really cheap.

I think mainly I'm addicted to French dip sandwiches LOL   

One of my dreams is to have my own Cafe/Deli that turns into a Pub at night  ;D  I'm very attracted to restaurant quality appliances

Unfortunately I'm broke as a joke most of the time and wondering how I'm going to make it through each month   
But one can dream right?

I'll check craigslist and look around and see if I can't come up with one though  ;D

This what's left of the roast
It was just a small one and I've been the naughty nibbler today

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Dena

Quote from: V M on February 05, 2019, 10:55:58 PM
I'll check craigslist and look around and see if I can't come up with one though  ;D
My boss would skydive with a guy that sold restaurant appliances and he said only about 1 restaurant in 10 survives. The good news is all those people start with a bunch of money and put it into new appliances. Somewhere there is a pile of used appliances you can pick up for a song. Try looking for a restaurant appliance place, hopefully one that deals in used appliances.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

V M

Quote from: Dena on February 05, 2019, 11:11:47 PM
My boss would skydive with a guy that sold restaurant appliances and he said only about 1 restaurant in 10 survives. The good news is all those people start with a bunch of money and put it into new appliances. Somewhere there is a pile of used appliances you can pick up for a song. Try looking for a restaurant appliance place, hopefully one that deals in used appliances.

Sounds like a good idea Dena  ;D

- V M
  •  

davina61

Can I make the cakes and cookies and curries?
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

MollyPants

Veg curry and peach crumble. Not as one dish!! Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

I will just have some more cherries.  They are tasty.   Blueberries were good yesterday.

Obviously I have been skipping regular supper meals these last two days.

Perhaps I will have a peach or a pear too.

Chrissy
  •  

Perry

@V M

This knife will allow you to make incredibly thin slices.  Got mine on Amazon.

Victorinox 12 Inch Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife with Granton Blade
Integrity has no need of rules.  -Albert Camus

•  

V M

Quote from: Perry on February 06, 2019, 08:09:48 PM
@V M

This knife will allow you to make incredibly thin slices.  Got mine on Amazon.

Victorinox 12 Inch Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife with Granton Blade

Thank you Perry  ;D  I'll look into that

Last night after snacking on leftover potato salad and bits of roast beef I decided to toss some frozen chicken bits in the deep frier and dip them in some honey dijon dressing  ;D

- V M
  •  

Maid Marion

I got a Presto 1 quart deep fryer with an adjustable thermostat on Amazon for deep frying chicken and seafood.  I filled it with coconut oil  and use a cheap IR thermometer to make sure it is at the right temperature.
  •  

Dena

I have several knives that I used for various things however my main go to knifes are two Serrated knives, a cheep one I used for tomatoes and a good one that I use  for bread. I also have two chef knifes, one for meat and the other for everything else. Meat requires a really sharp knife so the one I reserve for meat is to ensure it will always be sharp when I need it. This started back when my roommate was still alive and every time I needed to cut meat, the knife was dull. Rather than have an argument, we simply bought another knife. I also told her that I would be happy to sharpen her knife any time she wanted. I even did it a few times when I discovered it was dull while I was washing it.

After that, it comes down to practice. If the knife is big like a chef's knife, it's easer to hold the same way for each cut. If the knife is small and has a rounded handle, it's difficult to be consistent. If you can, hold the knife before you buy it and verify it has a good feel to it. The one I have looks something like the longer one on this page.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

V M

Creamy Artichoke & Spinach Chicken with angel hair pasta and green beans  ;D

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I just had a simple veggie plate last night.
  •