Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 08, 2019, 04:38:57 AM
I just had a simple veggie plate last night.
Very simple cod with frech fries, and as starter some matjes herring.

Can life be better?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Jenny1969

Tonight I am making some pulled pork BBQ     Im not sure what sides I will make to go with it.
Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

davina61

Lamb Pasanda (traditional curry) marinated in spices and yogurt (it said 1hr but more like 20)  then slow cooked .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Grilled chicken breasts.

Grilled asparagus.

Fruit.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

GingerVicki

baked chicken covered with ranch and a piece of buttered sourdough bread.
  •  

davina61

2 fishcakes (reduced price !!) with cauliflower and sweet potato mash (creamy as 2 oz butter in it!!) 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 09, 2019, 04:52:35 PM
Salad, fruit, tea
Currywurst with homemade French Fries and a fruit dessert!

I introduced my neighbors to this very German dish, and now they try to coax me to make it as oft as possible!

•  

V M

Hot and Spicy

Nachos!!! Last night

;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Linde

Some fish, probably salmon, form the freezer, and a truck load of Brussel Sprouts

•  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Linde

Quote from: Dietlind on February 10, 2019, 03:29:48 PM
Some fish, probably salmon, form the freezer, and a truck load of Brussel Sprouts
My plans were changed for me.  One of my girlfriends decided to bring me food (because I had a pretty bad day).  I had chicken breast with green beans and French Fries!

•  

GingerVicki

I did not care tonight. it's kinda healthy I think.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: GingerVicki on February 10, 2019, 06:34:47 PM
I did not care tonight. it's kinda healthy I think.

A little short in carbs and protein, but otherwise just right for the early part of a pregnancy!

•  

davina61

Had some steak pie filling so made some short crust pastry and did that, leeks in a cheesy white sauce and left over sweet pot mash. that was last night, had another bit tonight with HOT and spicy aubergine dish . 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Linde

Had a gigantic mixed salat and a Cuban sandwich (those contraptions are a hot commodity here in this area.  Except me, everybody in my street is Cuban).

•  

Maid Marion

Rocky road ice cream, chicken tamales, and a salad.  In that order!
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Life is uncertain, eat dessert first.  :D

Last night I made chili but I decided to be a little weird with it and added leeks in addition to the usual onions.  The difference is subtle but pretty tasty.  However I think this batch of "medium" red chili powder was mislabeled because it was hotter than the "hot" stuff I bought at the same time.  'twas a mite lively  :o
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

davina61

Found no consistency in chilli powder strength  , took some of the aubergine dish to work today, as I was eating it John came into canteen so I asked how spicy do you like your curry and he said very so I gave him a taste . Very nice followed by a Christ whats in that!!!! He said he could still taste it over 4 hrs later TBH so could I but it is GOOD.(3 dried chillies, 2 tsp cumin seeds, 2 tsp coriander seeds, 2ins stick of cinnamon in spice grinder) 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Linde

Quote from: davina61 on February 12, 2019, 02:50:41 PM
Found no consistency in chilli powder strength  , took some of the aubergine dish to work today, as I was eating it John came into canteen so I asked how spicy do you like your curry and he said very so I gave him a taste . Very nice followed by a Christ whats in that!!!! He said he could still taste it over 4 hrs later TBH so could I but it is GOOD.(3 dried chillies, 2 tsp cumin seeds, 2 tsp coriander seeds, 2ins stick of cinnamon in spice grinder)
I never ever thought about making curry myself!  I always bought it made, it is an important part of the German national semi fast food, the curry wurst!

I have to try to make my own (if I can find the ingredients, anything not very yankee or latino is hard to find here, even the ready made curry can be hard to find!)

•