Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colleen_definitely

Sometimes you can get lucky and find an Asian market that sells Indian goods as well.

Otherwise you can always look for an Indian grocery store or even order the spices off of the internet.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on February 12, 2019, 03:50:42 PM
Sometimes you can get lucky and find an Asian market that sells Indian goods as well.

Otherwise you can always look for an Indian grocery store or even order the spices off of the internet.
Amazon is my friend.  There is not much of an Indian population around here.  The only stores that have it are stores that carry Jamaican food stuff.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

ChrissyRyan

Yesterday I enjoyed a good steak.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Today I decided to have healthy fruit:  mandarin oranges, pears, blueberries, and peaches!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Dietlind on February 12, 2019, 04:34:12 PM
Amazon is my friend.  There is not much of an Indian population around here.  The only stores that have it are stores that carry Jamaican food stuff.

Now that could be fun to explore.  I do love jerk chicken and would like to try some more of that cuisine. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on February 12, 2019, 06:43:06 PM
Now that could be fun to explore.  I do love jerk chicken and would like to try some more of that cuisine.
Two of my cis women friends are from Jamaica.   I eating almost weekly with either of them.  Curried goat is pretty good.  actually, there is hardly any dish that does not get curry as a spice.  Come and visit me, and we can get you eating Jamaican cuisine until you can't eat anymore.  It has become almost a standard kind of food for me.  The sister of one of my Jamaican friends is married to a man from Trinidad, and I get to eat that cuisine once in a while.  In my street I am the only on who is not from Cuba, and one of the neighbors invites me once in a while to eat Cuban food with them, in return I have to cook German for them.  Food wise, I am fully immersed into the Caribbean cuisine.  They don't call it from the Caribbean, for the it is from the Islands!

•  

Colleen_definitely

Oh I've had curried goat, it was great except for all the bones. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on February 12, 2019, 07:33:25 PM
Oh I've had curried goat, it was great except for all the bones.
My friend serves it deboned, she knows that I don't like to mess with bones!.  And if you get some Jamaican fruit cake as a desert, the world is A number one good!

•  

Maid Marion

Quote from: Dietlind on February 12, 2019, 07:19:40 PM
Two of my cis women friends are from Jamaica.   I eating almost weekly with either of them.  Curried goat is pretty good. 

You may want to ask them about spices.  It is likely they buy them cheaply in large quantities and would be more than happy to share a little bit with you. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Maid Marion on February 12, 2019, 08:07:55 PM
You may want to ask them about spices.  It is likely they buy them cheaply in large quantities and would be more than happy to share a little bit with you.
Spices is no problem for me.  And I have to share the German national food spice with them, Curry Ketchup, it is only known in those countries in which people eat Currywurst.  These countries are all he German speaking ones, and the Netherlands.

And for over a year now a very small former Jamaican community in Florida!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Some sliced turkey breast and some fruit.

Chrissy
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 13, 2019, 06:22:40 PM
Some sliced turkey breast and some fruit.

Chrissy

@ChrissyRyan:
Dear Chrissy:
Your dinner sounds a lot like mine tonight.  I was busy baking so I made a tuna-melt sandwich for dinner.

Tomorrow night on Valentine's Day I am having my Tooth Fairy #4 over to my home for my famous
Beef Stroganoff Dinner and my very delicious Pineapple Upside Down Cake... after dinner we will probably toast our toes in front of my propane fireplace to help ward off the winter cold evening...
...  more details and a picture on my Chronicles thread.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Linde

Cold smoked Scottish Salmon with Russian buckwheat pancakes.  And a glass of Pinot Gries

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Dietlind on February 13, 2019, 10:17:03 PM
Cold smoked Scottish Salmon with Russian buckwheat pancakes.  And a glass of Pinot Gries

@Dietlind
Dear Linde: 
I can much appreciate that you are being quite precise with how you described your dinner... and I love how you elegantly described it, something that I would see on a menu at a nice restaurant.  I am thinking you could start a business designing and writing menus for restaurants? ???

I tend to be a basic and simple cook... if I had fixed the same meal for myself I probably would have described it as the following.  "Baked Salmon with Pancakes and a glass of Wine."   
Up in the cold North here in the middle of nowhere I tend to describe my meals with much less elaborate and elegant words... same goes for my next door coffee shop, nothing fancy, just great comfort meal food!!!

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on February 13, 2019, 10:42:18 PM
@Dietlind
Dear Linde: 
I can much appreciate that you are being quite precise with how you described your dinner... and I love how you elegantly described it, something that I would see on a menu at a nice restaurant.  I am thinking you could start a business designing and writing menus for restaurants? ???

I tend to be a basic and simple cook... if I had fixed the same meal for myself I probably would have described it as the following.  "Baked Salmon with Pancakes and a glass of Wine."   
Up in the cold North here in the middle of nowhere I tend to describe my meals with much less elaborate and elegant words... same goes for my next door coffee shop, nothing fancy, just great comfort meal food!!!

Hugs,
Danielle

Danielle, I was always kind of a connoisseur, and I still try to live a little bit of it.  I always lived in or near big cities, and the availability of different foods was always there.
My friends here are a mixture from different corners of the world (Jamaica, Tahiti, France, Haithi, Hawaii, UK) and we invite each other to dinners of the different nationality.  I am the person who has to cover Germany and the Netherlands.
Besides handling the French cuisine, my French friend is the one who decides on the different wines we drink with our meals.

Just to make it clear, cold smoked Salmon is far from being backed, it is semi raw fish just cured in cold smoke.  Russian pancakes are also called Blini (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blini), and are quite different from pancakes the way we know them.

When you happen to come buy for warming up your feet, I bet we can find something for you to eat beside just pancakes!
Stay warm!
Linde

•  

davina61

courgette with pork and prawns  (Vietnamese recipe)  , courgette cut into batons, pork in strips . onion and garlic in pan first, add pork and prawns, stir fry  then add courgette , black pepper and fish sauce (should have sliced spring onion but not got any) finish with hand full of coriander leaves . quick and tasty
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Ground beef sirloin (ground 93%/7% fat), gourmet mustard, sliced lengthwise pickle spears, banana peppers, lettuce, red onions, a dab of horseradish sauce, tomatoes, and ketchup.  No bread!  Yum!

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

A crisp bread sandwich with prosciutto, and a cup of tomato bisque.  A handful of red grapes as desert.

•  

V M

Too depressed for dinner tonight  :-\  Maybe I'll snack on something later, think I'll probably just go to sleep though
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jenny1969

Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•