Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I had steak and eggs last night.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Ima fiixin' a pot of stuffed green peppers.   :)

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 31, 2019, 10:21:53 AM
Ima fiixin' a pot of stuffed green peppers.   :)

Chrissy
I'll be over alter today, I hope you have enough for the two of us?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on March 31, 2019, 10:46:18 AM
I'll be over alter today, I hope you have enough for the two of us?

Linde,

Are you saying that you do not want to wait until I cook up a batch of catfish, your favorite?

(Just kidding, I know that you do not prefer to eat catfish.)

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 31, 2019, 11:01:26 AM

Linde,

Are you saying that you do not want to wait until I cook up a batch of catfish, your favorite?

(Just kidding, I know that you do not prefer to eat catfish.)

Chrissy
How about we do it like this, I eat the peppers, and you eat the catfish?  Does that sound fair to you?

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on March 31, 2019, 11:27:47 AM
How about we do it like this, I eat the peppers, and you eat the catfish?  Does that sound fair to you?

Linde,

I was just joking about the catfish, I am not planning on making any today.

I might try some shark someday.  I wonder if shark is good eating.

Chrissy
  •  

davina61

Used up the Keema and made a Shepherds pie with broccoli
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on March 31, 2019, 03:16:07 PM
Used up the Keema and made a Shepherds pie with broccoli
@davina61
Dear Davina:
I saw your post on your personal thread about your plans to make a Shepherd's Pie...   
... and I invited myself to dinner at your home tonight... 
Hmmm, did you go ahead and eat without me? ???

LOVE  Shepherd's Pie  [emoji173]
Picture or it didn't happen... you know the rules here.

HUGS,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

davina61

There was enough for 2 as well-------tomorrows tea then!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 31, 2019, 02:53:57 PM

Linde,

I was just joking about the catfish, I am not planning on making any today.

Chrissy
I had shark steaks from their fin once, For me was take it or leave it, leaning to the leave it side.

•  

Colleen_definitely

Tonight I kept it simple with some eggs scrambled with diced green chilies with cheese on some low carb tortillas that I found.  3 net grams of carbs each compared to way more for normal ones and they taste good too.

Chrissy

I've tried shark a few times and it can be quite good.  It's definitely a fishy flavor with a denser texture than most fish.  I like it.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Linde

I have lemon shrimp with young Brussels sprouts with mixed herb seasoning.

•  

ChrissyRyan

I will try shark someday. 

I guess I cannot go wrong with With properly prepared Cod, Whiting, Mahi Mahi, and trout. 
Plus shrimp and lobster and crab.

Chrissy
  •  

V M

Chrissy

I've shark a few times and quite enjoyed it, the only exception was when a friend over salted it... Bleh
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I almost never add salt to any food after it is prepared.

I guess that salt is good for the preparation of some foods such as some breads maybe?

Danielle likely for sure has the answer to that, as she bakes a lot.

Chrissy
  •  

Maid Marion

Chicken tastes a lot better if I salt if at least a day before cooking. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I think that some meats may taste better if they have been in a brine.  I just do not usually add salt on the food on a serving plate.  There has got to be some foods that taste lousy if salt was not used in their preparation.

But too salty foods I just do not like.

Chrissy
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Poultry is often brined before you buy it, just look on the label for something mentioning a 5-10% solution or some such.  You typically have to pay more for chicken that isn't brined.

For baking bread salt helps the gluten bind together which helps trap CO2 in the bread which helps it rise. 

Soaking for a day or so in a brine solution can definitely help make many cuts of meat taste better, especially thick ones like leg of lamb, turkeys, roasts, etc...

For steaks I like doing a quick dry aging where I sprinkle salt and pepper on them and then let them sit on a rack in the refrigerator for a day or two before cooking them.  It really brings out the flavor.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I had a big steak sandwich at lunch (no tofu today) so I am not hungry.
So no dinner tonight!

Chrissy
  •