Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Laurie

My first attempt at pizza from scratch. Though it tasted good I have more to learn.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 02, 2019, 05:22:02 PM
Steamed broccoli

Baked Trout

Hi Chrissy,                                02 April 2019

My favorite seafood. OK, it's not seafood, it's fresh water fish. I especially like Rainbow Trout when it is fresh. How do you prepare it?

I don't know how many will agree with me, but, the skin is my favorite part of the trout. I also like for the head to be left on; makes it easier to debone the fish.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I'm with you on trout skin.  There's just something good about it.

Personally I like to keep trout simple and pan fry it in butter after dredging it (skin on) in lightly seasoned flour.

But for tonight since I no longer live where trout fishing happens I had stir fried broccoli.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

V M

I haven't gone fishing in quite awhile but a friend of mine would broil the trout and other freshwater fish, it would come out pretty good and the meat would practactly fall off the bones  ;D  Makes me tempted to start going fishing again
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

V M

Monday night I made Pineapple Provolone Chicken on Quinoa and Orzo pasta with vegetables  ;D

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: christinej78 on April 02, 2019, 07:24:07 PM
Hi Chrissy,                                02 April 2019

My favorite seafood. OK, it's not seafood, it's fresh water fish. I especially like Rainbow Trout when it is fresh. How do you prepare it?

I don't know how many will agree with me, but, the skin is my favorite part of the trout. I also like for the head to be left on; makes it easier to debone the fish.

Best Always, Love
Chris

Chris,

I simply take a steelhead trout filet, with skin, and put it on a baking tray.  Sometimes I will put on a very light coat of butter, but that is not required.  Then I bake it and serve it.  The fish looks great and is firm, though not quite as dark pink as salmon.  The skin is tasty, I sometimes just eat part of the crispy, silvery looking skin.  Steelhead trout that is wild caught from rivers is often called rainbow trout.  The fish I cooked was fresh frozen.  Still, it was very good.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on April 03, 2019, 12:22:28 AM
Monday night I made Pineapple Provolone Chicken on Quinoa and Orzo pasta with vegetables  ;D

That looks good VM.  Was it tasty?  I bet it was tasty!

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Colleen_definitely

Tonight I made a soup with leeks, onions, chopped kale, garlic, beef broth, and cream cheese.  I used my immersion blender to make it smooth.  It looks ugly but it tastes great.

I'm also frying up some falafel to go with it.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Linde

I had an omelet with ground beef, bacon and some different veggies in.  Did not taste to great, but I tried to make it interesting!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

GingerVicki

a Jimmy Johns 8" Tuna Salad sandwich.
  •  

davina61

Just made a giant batch of veg curry (freezer restock!) and looked through my recipe books as have 4 cooked chicken thighs to use up, found chicken and apricot curry that will work as it says fry chicken pieces till browned first.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

fleurgirl

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on April 03, 2019, 06:10:22 PM
Tonight I made a soup with leeks, onions, chopped kale, garlic, beef broth, and cream cheese.  I used my immersion blender to make it smooth.  It looks ugly but it tastes great.

I'm also frying up some falafel to go with it.

The ugliest soups always taste the best  ;D
  •  

Linde

Was out with some friends to a nice beach side fish restaurant, and had a delicious staked salad with eggs and crab meat!

•  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Linde

I think I will get some shrimp from the freezer and make Shrimp Scampi out off the.  and have a side of asparagus with them!
Unless one of my friends invites me for dinner again (they all were my friends already during my weaning guy days, and still have the urge to feed this poor guy - fine with me, I hope I can keep this up for a long time to come!  >:-)

•  

Maid Marion

Deep fried (wet) scallops.  Wet scallops are typically what is found in supermarkets.  If I buy dry scallops I'll pan fry them in butter!
  •