Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maid Marion

Quote from: davina61 on April 11, 2019, 03:03:52 PM
beef cooked in whole spices (had 2 steaks that were out of date today) and aubergine and tomato rice that is very tasty.
I'll freeze steak because it tastes pretty good when grilled straight from the freezer!  Takes a little longer, but is way more convenient when cooking for one.

I had baked cod covered with a seasoned Panko breading and a salad.  Dessert was a See's Toffee bar.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I ate some veggies and fruit.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

I have lemon butter shrimp and broccoli
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

CynthiaAnn

Home made chili here tonight (onions emphasized), it's been a cool and damp day here, have the fireplace going late into the season...

C -
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Peas, carrots, and asparagus.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

As invited at a friends, had ham/asparagus roll-ups, and ham pickle roll-ups

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on April 14, 2019, 08:06:32 PM
As invited at a friends, had ham/asparagus roll-ups, and ham pickle roll-ups

I have not had these.  Are they rolled-up in flour tortillas?

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 14, 2019, 08:17:38 PM

I have not had these.  Are they rolled-up in flour tortillas?

Chrissy
No, it is a typical German thing, and requires white asparagus.  You take a nice sized slice of ham, cover it slightly with some mayonnaise, and roll whit e asparagus spears into it.  You can do the same with cornichons rolled into the ham.

I am on a carb free diet, and can't eat any starch along with it.  Normally, you would used young potatoes with butter and parsley flakes along with it!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on April 14, 2019, 09:26:30 PM
No, it is a typical German thing, and requires white asparagus.  You take a nice sized slice of ham, cover it slightly with some mayonnaise, and roll whit e asparagus spears into it.  You can do the same with cornichons rolled into the ham.

I am on a carb free diet, and can't eat any starch along with it.  Normally, you would used young potatoes with butter and parsley flakes along with it!

Did they turn out okay without the potatoes?

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 14, 2019, 09:38:56 PM

Did they turn out okay without the potatoes?

Chrissy
Well, it was better than nothing.  I am now almost 2 week on this carb free diet, and start to get used to not eating starchy foods.  It is very good for my diabetes, I am so low in sugar, as if I almost have no diabetes!

I seem to loose weight, only marginally on the scale, but my boobs and butt still seems to grow, while I start to see something that one of these days could resemble a waistline!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on April 14, 2019, 10:10:50 PM
Well, it was better than nothing.  I am now almost 2 week on this carb free diet, and start to get used to not eating starchy foods.  It is very good for my diabetes, I am so low in sugar, as if I almost have no diabetes!

I seem to loose weight, only marginally on the scale, but my boobs and butt still seems to grow, while I start to see something that one of these days could resemble a waistline!
[/quote
]

Linde,

It sounds as if you are making some progress. Good!

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I think I will have some green beans, maybe something else, then some fruit for dessert.

Chrissy
  •  

davina61

My BFF came to tea tonight (my birthday) and we finished off the fish pie with cauliflower cheese, carrots, broccoli and some roasted red pepper and carrot sticks. Got some choc ice cream for pud but we are both stuffed!!!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

A small slice of soft Italian bread - buttered, sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon, and warmed in the oven.  Yummy.

One small sweet Hawaiian roll loaded with warm ham and melted Swiss cheese, with fennel seeds.  I stacked the ham high and it was sticking out from all sides of the roll.

This is not really good for a very low carb and sugar diet.  Well, I did not care about that today!

I will probably have a pear or orange later, if hungry.

Chrissy

•  

Linde

Fajitas with a big lettuce leaf instead of the tortilla, and a side of pickled cauliflower.  Blueberries for desert.

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on April 16, 2019, 07:05:02 PM
Fajitas with a big lettuce leaf instead of the tortilla, and a side of pickled cauliflower.  Blueberries for desert.

Blueberries can taste really good!

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 16, 2019, 07:14:32 PM

Blueberries can taste really good!

Chrissy
I like them a lot.  They are the major fruits I tend to eat.

•  

Maid Marion

Day boat scallops seared in butter with rice and a salad.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Linde

Leftover chicken Fajitas on a bed of lettuce!

•