Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

pork vindaloo with courgette curry also made a pork and mushroom curry to use the leg of pork up. Recipe said 850ml of stock and only had 1 veg cube so put a chicken  and beef one in as well , mistake as it tastes of beef but will still be nice.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Shrimp and beef fried rice, but with very little rice, instead - lots of shrimp, thin sliced beef, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 18, 2019, 06:15:18 PM
Shrimp and beef fried rice, but with very little rice, instead - lots of shrimp, thin sliced beef, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts.

Chrissy
That sounds good, I come on over quick, and share it with you!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

ChrissyRyan

Kielbasa with vegetables.  It is really good!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 19, 2019, 04:19:17 PM
Kielbasa with vegetables.  It is really good!

Chrissy
what veggies, how do you make this?.. I have a Kielbasa sausage in the fridge!
And I don't know what to make tonight!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on April 19, 2019, 04:24:40 PM
what veggies, how do you make this?.. I have a Kielbasa sausage in the fridge!
And I don't know what to make tonight!

The way I made this was rather simple.  Although you could bake or fry in a skillet or even make it like a stew or with broth, what I did was to boil the kielbasa in one pot, and in another pot cooked some cabbage, a can of potatoes, and some fresh tiny carrots until the veggies were soft.  Then I served up the sausage and veggies and ate them.  Very good.  You could vary the veggies to what you prefer.  Potatoes have carbs, so you may not want to eat them.  But I am not eating that many regardless, despite being on a low carb diet.

I tend to cook simply, not like the great chefs on this board!

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 19, 2019, 04:47:17 PM

The way I made this was rather simple.  Although you could bake or fry in a skillet or even make it like a stew or with broth, what I did was to boil the kielbasa in one pot, and in another pot cooked some cabbage, a can of potatoes, and a some fresh tiny carrots until the veggies were soft.  Then I served up the sausage and veggies and ate them.  Very good.  You could vary the veggies to what you prefer.  Potatoes have carbs, so you may not want to eat them.  But I am not eating that many regardless, despite being on a low carb diet.

I tend to cook simply, not like the great chefs on this board!

Chrissy
Sometimes, simple home cooked stuff, is as delicious as the big fancy dinners!

I might do the Kielbasa tomorrow, because cooking is not possible currently.  We have our first Monsun type storm going through, and in southern Florida that means frequent power outages!

•  

Maid Marion

I have an outdoor gas grill to cook during outages.

I had spaghetti and meatballs, a salad, strawberries, Brie cheese, and chocolate.  Lost a little weight working in the yard all day!  Daffodils and cherry blossoms are today's flowers!
  •  

Michelle_P

Leftover Laurie's Pork Roast, a spiral cut and stuffed port sirloin, brown rice, and asparagus with a little something extra...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on April 19, 2019, 04:55:25 PM
Sometimes, simple home cooked stuff, is as delicious as the big fancy dinners!

I might do the Kielbasa tomorrow, because cooking is not possible currently.  We have our first Monsun type storm going through, and in southern Florida that means frequent power outages!

Linde,

Will you be making the kielbasa tonight?  Did the bad rains go away?

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 20, 2019, 12:45:45 PM

Linde,

Will you be making the kielbasa tonight?  Did the bad rains go away?

Chrissy
I very likely will, I have to get my act into gear and go out to buy some veggies!  Yes, we were out of power for about an hour or so.

•  

ChrissyRyan

Ahhhhhh....  Sometimes there is nothing better to drink than a glass of a good brewed iced tea.

Not sure what to eat later tonight.  Maybe whatever leftovers are in the refrigerator, or some more tofu in a hot Asian fat noodle soup.

Chrissy
  •  

V M

Haven't posted in awhile LOL... Anyway

Mac N' Cheese with bacon, sauteed mushrooms and onions and a few other dishes I made at some point last week   ;D
Mini Kahuna Burgers N' Fries   ;D
Spirals N' Cheese with garlic croutons   ;D
Spaghetti Bolognese    ;D
Shrimp N' Calamari on rice   ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

CynthiaAnn

The spirals and cheese, look especially yummy V M it's making me hungry looking....

heading out to BBQ some tri-tip beef (it's gorgeous out now), steam some asparagus, and bake some crinkle cut fries.

C -
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I wish I had some Dutch bread to eat.

I obtained a book of cooking instructions though to make some.

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I ended up eating four Bartlett pears and a Mandarin orange!

Not an exciting meal, but they did taste good.

Chrissy
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I have two big papers to write tonight so I took the fat and lazy route and ordered pizza. 

Chicken and bacon with pepper jack cheese over Alfredo sauce.  It is every bit as delicious as it is damaging to my health.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Linde

I got some take home leftovers from my hosts yeasterday, and I will have ham with tomato casserole and green been with silver onions.  Some berries will be the dessert!

•  

D'Amalie

I had comfort food 'taters, yesterday. 
1.  Clarify two onions in half stick of real butter, add salt and pepper to taste while cooking then off, add a layer of whatever potatoes you like (tots, fries, cottage cuts, hash browns, etc.) in a layer over the onions.
Add a layer of bacon crumbles (lots). 
2.  Cook at about 300F for five minutes (cover and leave them be); you are looking for the caramelisation and crunchy goodness.
3.  Flip, turn over and mix it all up.  Add the other half of the stick of butter if you have a hankerin' to. In little patties spread over the top, so it melts down through the potatoes.
4.  Cook for at least another five minutes (cover and leave them be).
5.  Then cover with a layer of shredded cheese; Colby and Jack mix is my favorite (cheddar gets too stringy) and cover and cook until cheese melts.
6. Cut down the middle and flip one side over the other.   Serve.  Smell the goodness?  Yum.

Tonihgt I'm paying penance with baked salmon and salad.  Although that is yummy goodness too! Especially when I sear the fish to a light golden crust.  To the bag of store bought salad, I add cranberries and mixed pumpkin, sunflower, etc. seeds and balsamic vingar.
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

Linde

I had more leftovers from the Easter dinner

•