Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylo

An homemade tuna potato pasta salad with capers

Really like capers.

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Julia1996

Last night I made saurbraten, potato dumplings, gravy and red cabbage.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Julia1996 on April 27, 2019, 12:12:13 PM
Last night I made saurbraten, potato dumplings, gravy and red cabbage.
Good German dinner!  How do you do the Sauerbraten, the Rhineland way, or the southern German way with just a plain gravy?

When I make the stuff, I start to marinade the meat about 4 days before roasting, and turn it twice a day.  It is a lot of work if you want to have Sauerbraten to perfection.

We can PM about it for the case you want to learn more about it.

I had cheesy broccoli with Atlantic Cod Filets
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Dietlind on April 27, 2019, 12:17:46 PM
Good German dinner!  How do you do the Sauerbraten, the Rhineland way, or the southern German way with just a plain gravy?

When I make the stuff, I start to marinade the meat about 4 days before roasting, and turn it twice a day.  It is a lot of work if you want to have Sauerbraten to perfection.

We can PM about it for the case you want to learn more about it.

I had cheesy broccoli with Atlantic Cod Filets

I'm not sure which type it Is actually.  I marinate it for 3-4 days and turn it twice a day. It is a lot of work but it's one of my dad's favorite dinners. I make the gravy from the marinade after the meat has cooked in it. I thicken it with crushed ginger snap cookies. I am always eager to learn about German cooking. My dad was born here but he's German and grew up eating German food. My grandparents moved here from Germany so my grandma cooks authentic German food. She's taught me a lot about German cooking but I'm always eager to learn more. I want my cooking to be as good as my grandma's.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Julia1996 on April 27, 2019, 12:27:50 PM
I'm not sure which type it Is actually.  I marinate it for 3-4 days and turn it twice a day. It is a lot of work but it's one of my dad's favorite dinners. I make the gravy from the marinade after the meat has cooked in it. I thicken it with crushed ginger snap cookies. I am always eager to learn about German cooking. My dad was born here but he's German and grew up eating German food. My grandparents moved here from Germany so my grandma cooks authentic German food. She's taught me a lot about German cooking but I'm always eager to learn more. I want my cooking to be as good as my grandma's.
I will pm you my way to make it.  You are pretty much on shot.  The Rhineland version is supposed to be the best.  My way is the way my great grandmother made about 150 years ago, and I am from the Rhineland.

I will get to it in one of the next days, because I have to translate it.
Try to find out from where your folks come in Germany, and let me know.  I might to get different food preparations for you.

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Dietlind on April 27, 2019, 02:12:38 PM
I will pm you my way to make it.  You are pretty much on shot.  The Rhineland version is supposed to be the best.  My way is the way my great grandmother made about 150 years ago, and I am from the Rhineland.

I will get to it in one of the next days, because I have to translate it.
Try to find out from where your folks come in Germany, and let me know.  I might to get different food preparations for you.

Thank you. That would be great. My grandparents are from weisbaden.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

SailorMars1994

AMAB Born: March 1994
Gender became on radar: 2007
Admitted to self : 2010
Came out: May 12 2014
Estrogen: October 16 2015
<3
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: SailorMars1994 on April 27, 2019, 02:48:41 PM
Tonight? Dairy Queen lol!!

Mmmm ice cream for dinner. I've done that before. It's really bad but it's so good!(
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: SailorMars1994 on April 27, 2019, 02:48:41 PM
Tonight? Dairy Queen lol!!

You're living the good life.  ;D

As for me I'm making a creamy leek soup with poblano peppers and mushrooms in it.  But sauerbraten sounds absolutely amazing right now.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Michelle_P

Dairy Queen, eh? 

Laurie and I are going out to a fancy burger joint to have dinner with a friend.  Burgers, onion rings, all that fancy stuff!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Julia1996 on April 27, 2019, 02:20:38 PM
Thank you. That would be great. My grandparents are from weisbaden.
Wiesbaden is quite a bit south from where I am (I am from north of Cologne), but it is still the Rhineland.  Their Sauerbraten might be pretty close to what I make!

•  

davina61

Pub grub last night, barby tonight (made some kebabs to take) , have a slow cooker chicken stew I did yesterday for tomorrow and the next day and the next-------
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Julia1996

I'm doing southern food  tonight . Fried chicken, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and biscuits. Fried chicken is one of my brother's favorite dinners. I alternate favorites among the three of them so no one feels left out. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Bea1968

•  

Linde

Taco salat sans the tacos!  Blueberries for dessert.

•  

Colleen_definitely

I baked some asparagus with a bit of garlic salt and parmesan cheese.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Linde

Beef stew with mixed veggies. Blackberries as desert

•  

MollyPants

Last night we made toad in the hole with onion gravy. We used some homemade stock we made from a chicken we had bbq'd and so the gravy tasted of bbq as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

davina61

Waste nothing , I always make stock from chicken left overs. On my 2nd helping of chicken/veg slow cooker stew with added kebab , will use up the rest tomorrow as I have to rush out------
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Bea1968

Baking some chicken drummies topped with a little olive oil and a sprinkling of old bay seasoning.  I am preparing a side of rice with sautéed mushrooms cooked in a chicken stock and a couple cloves of garlic chopped fine. 
  •