Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Tonight I'm making bacon wrapped meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy and fried corn. Dessert is a French silk pie.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Bea1968

•  

Colleen_definitely

I made a stir fry with chicken, green beans, onions, and mushrooms with an orange chicken sauce. 

Dessert is studying for another soul crushing exam, yay!
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Linde

I was invited for my birthday, and had shrimp as a starter, swordfish steak with sautet mixed greens as main course, and blackberries for desert.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Dietlind on April 30, 2019, 11:04:04 PM
I was invited for my birthday, and had shrimp as a starter, swordfish steak with sautet mixed greens as main course, and blackberries for desert.

That sounds really good. I love sea food.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Julia1996 on April 30, 2019, 11:08:51 PM
That sounds really good. I love sea food.
Living at the coast of the southern part of the Gulf of Mexico means that I am living in sea food paradise.

Sea food is the major source of my animal protein, and I don't eat much red meat at all anymore.

•  

MollyPants

Tonight I'm making meatballs in tomatoes sauce. I have decided whether to serve it with linguine or with polenta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

davina61

chicken and spinach curry with a dry veg curry and roti.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Julia1996

Last night I did hot dog night. No, not those nasty little packages hot dogs from the grocery store made from pig lips, pig noses and pig ears. 😖  I use the large all beef ones from the butcher shop. I made homemade hot dog chili and sauerkraut for topping and homemade French fries.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

MaryT

Quote from: Julia1996 on May 02, 2019, 02:20:13 PM
Last night I did hot dog night. No, not those nasty little packages hot dogs from the grocery store made from pig lips, pig noses and pig ears. 😖 ...

Gesetze sind wie Würste, man sollte besser nicht dabei sein, wenn sie gemacht werden.  (You can ask your brother or Sarah1972 or Dietlind to translate.)

Thank for putting me off hot dogs, BTW. 

Don't worry, I'll recover in time to stuff my face with them while watching Wimbledon on TV.  I'll also be eating the traditional strawberries and cream, lording (ladying?) it over the poor people who are watching it live, because I will have pieces of a chocolate flake bar in mine.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Baked asparagus and green beans with garlic salt and parmasan again.

I got stuck in my office at school after class fixing a crisis and had no motivation to make anything interesting.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Linde

Quote from: MaryT on May 02, 2019, 07:23:49 PM
Gesetze sind wie Würste, man sollte besser nicht dabei sein, wenn sie gemacht werden.  (You can ask your brother or Sarah1972 or Dietlind to translate.)

I did not know this proverb!  But boy, is it true!  No matter if they are from the butcher shop, or from the factory!

As long as they are salty and fatty enough, cause those are taste enhancers!

•  

Linde

Taco salat sans tacos!  Big leaves of lettuce instead!

•  

Maid Marion

•  

Northern Star Girl

One of my favorites:   Beef Stroganoff with lots of mushrooms.
I put the beef in the slow cooker this morning so all I have to do when I get home from work in about a half hour,  is to add the sour cream and boil the pasta ... and I will make a green salad.

Then, after dinner I am planning to read and relax in front of my fireplace... can't do much needed yard work because it is cold and it snowed all morning.   After this weekend it is supposed to finally get warmer, then the outside work begins.

Danielle      cc:  @Sonja  ... I know that you also love mushrooms.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 03, 2019, 06:33:29 PM
.. can't do much needed yard work because it is cold and it snowed all morning.   

I have a similar problem, only mine is on the other side of the temperature scale.  it was mid 90's today, and very muggy.  Just the weather to stay inside and enjoy the air conditioning and the air movements of the ceiling fans (not as romantic as a fireplace, but more adequate for us here)

I had fried Atlantic cod fillets with pan wilted salad greens and garlic as spice.  Blackberries will be my desert!

•  

MollyPants

Spicy chicken with rice, peas, sweetcorn and onions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Julia1996

Last night I made steak chili and corn bread. My southern neighbor taught me to make corn bread. No one was really Impressed with it. I served the left over corn bread with chili one night and my dad totally loved it with chili. Now I dare not make chili without cornbread.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Julia1996 on May 04, 2019, 11:05:03 AM
Last night I made steak chili and corn bread. My southern neighbor taught me to make corn bread. No one was really Impressed with it. I served the left over corn bread with chili one night and my dad totally loved it with chili. Now I dare not make chili without cornbread.
I don't understand how anybody would like cornbread!  Taking the valuable food away from the poor cows to make bread of!

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Dietlind on May 04, 2019, 12:20:26 PM
I don't understand how anybody would like cornbread!  Taking the valuable food away from the poor cows to make bread of!

I know, I don't like it either. In fact my dad is the only one who does. But he only likes it with chili. So I only make a very small batch. Tristan being the full blooded Aussie he is, put vegemite on a piece of cornbread and he said it was still disgusting. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •