Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

I had a bowl of my cheesy peas yesterday evening.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on May 24, 2019, 05:34:24 AM
I had a bowl of my cheesy peas yesterday evening.

Chrissy
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
I read about your cheesy peas idea and I think that would be a tasty item... 
...many times I make cream-peas in a white sauce to serve with baby new-potatoes...so that is similar for sure....  For steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower I many times will make a cheese sauce...   lots of cheese please !!!!!

I have a potluck get-together and card game night at my home tonight for 3 of my gal friends..
....(including my tooth-fairy) [emoji173]

In my slow cooker I am making homemade baked beans with bacon and other things from my refrigerator.... and I will fire up the grill on my deck and make Deluxe Cheeseburgers.... my friends are bringing Potato Salad, vegetable tray, and cake for dessert.

It is overcast and will be in the high 50's, maybe 60 deg (F) later this evening, so if it gets warm enough in the late evening sunlight we might eat and stay on my deck to play cards, but warm and dry indoors is a backup option.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

davina61

Made a prawn curry, very simple and tasty . Fry mustard seeds and fennel seeds, add onion (used shallots) and curry leaves. spot of turmeric and a chopped tomato cook till looks like a paste  then add prawns, cover and cook 10 mins.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jen61

I'm having.....

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jen61 on May 24, 2019, 03:31:31 PM
I'm having.....

@Jen61
Are you making Margaritas or are you drinking it straight?   
Hopefully you will have some real food for dinner as well!! :o :o :o ;)
HUGS,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jen61

Captain and Diet Coke. If I plan on drinking I eat a late lunch.

•  

ChrissyRyan

I am having some "artificial crab meat" - flake style.  Actually, it is chunky so it is not flaky like shaved cheese.  It is bought cold in a plastic shrink-wrapped package.

Maybe a peanut butter jelly sandwich should I remain hungry after that, or if this fake crab is bad tasting, which includes being too salty.  Or some of my cheesy peas, which is simply a can of still hot, cooked sweet peas, with a handful or so of shredded mozzarella cheese that melts into it, then I stir it all up.  Quite delicious. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

The imitation crab meat that I mentioned earlier is actually Alaskan Pollock and other ingredients.
This is rather tasty.  Not very salty.  Just right.

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on May 24, 2019, 07:50:54 PM
The imitation crab meat that I mentioned earlier is actually Alaskan Pollock and other ingredients.
This is rather tasty.  Not very salty.  Just right.

Chrissy
For my taste, it is most of the times to sweet!

I have a 10 bean salat , some potato salat and some German Knockwurst with German mustard!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Maid Marion

Spaghetti with homemade meatballs (ground chuck/hot Italian sausage) and jar Arrabbiata  sauce (spicy).
  •  

Jen61

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on May 24, 2019, 05:35:12 PM
I am having some "artificial crab meat" - flake style.  Actually, it is chunky so it is not flaky like shaved cheese.  It is bought cold in a plastic shrink-wrapped package.

Maybe a peanut butter jelly sandwich should I remain hungry after that, or if this fake crab is bad tasting, which includes being too salty.  Or some of my cheesy peas, which is simply a can of still hot, cooked sweet peas, with a handful or so of shredded mozzarella cheese that melts into it, then I stir it all up.  Quite delicious. 

Chrissy
I grew up in MD. Enough said lol.

•  

Maid Marion

Went out shopping.  I got steamers (clams), sirloin steak tips, and fresh corn for the Memorial Day weekend.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I am not sure what to eat later today but I will think of something! 

Chrissy
  •  

Michelledeanna1989

Probably chicken breast quinoa and a baked potato with fried mushrooms and
Onions. 
  •  

davina61

recipe from my gook for 1 book, All in the Hole or a toad in the hole with sweet potato and onion under the sausages covered in batter
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on May 25, 2019, 11:18:42 AM
I am not sure what to eat later today but I will think of something! 

Chrissy
Please let me know if you came up with something, cause I don't know either what to eat!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Linde on May 25, 2019, 07:03:31 PM
Please let me know if you came up with something, cause I don't know either what to eat!

Linde,

I had a BBQ sandwich.

Chrissy
  •  

LordKAT

Debating which can to open, thinking of a burrito.
  •  

davina61

Pulled pork but made with jack fruit, good one for folk on a veg diet . Bit on the hot side as paprika and cayenne pepper in it .
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•