Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Last night I made lasagna with garlic bread twists. Dessert was a french silk pie.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Maid Marion

Quote from: Julia1996 on May 26, 2019, 02:26:31 PM
Last night I made lasagna with garlic bread twists. Dessert was a french silk pie.
That sounds yummy!  I ought to add garlic bread to my menu when I bake stuff in the oven.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on May 25, 2019, 07:07:11 PM

Linde,

I had a BBQ sandwich.

Chrissy
I had potato salad, bean salad and two German knockwursts. 
I had made a gigantic multiple bean salad the other day, and am eating it down slowly.   I love everything bean, and can it from this salad for days in a row.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

ChrissyRyan

Chrissy's Cheesy Sweet Peas,

Brat, no bread.

Mandarin oranges from a can.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Maid Marion

Spaghetti with meatballs. 
  •  

Linde

Meatloaf, mushrooms and green peppers.  Blueberries for desert.

•  

Lisa89125

I did hot dogs and store bought scalloped potatoes and frozen mixed veggies.

Doing hamburgers on the grill Memorial Day. Our temperatures though are going to be near 100F and humid. Dinner will be after 6pm when the sun starts going down. I don't enjoy any kind of shade sadly.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Michelledeanna1989

Ribs , mashed potatoes and corn on the cob
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I expect the usual "cookout" food later today....  It should be good.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Unless I get invited by one of my friends, I will eat leftovers from last night!

I think the hardest thing for a sigle person is to come up with decent meals every day.  I like to cook, but it is not fun to cook for one person and never get a positive feedback for your cooking!

How do you ladies see this, and how do you deal with it?

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Linde on May 27, 2019, 09:11:42 AM
Unless I get invited by one of my friends, I will eat leftovers from last night!

I think the hardest thing for a sigle person is to come up with decent meals every day.  I like to cook, but it is not fun to cook for one person and never get a positive feedback for your cooking!

How do you ladies see this, and how do you deal with it?

Have a card party or any reason for a get together and make and serve something wonderful.
You can make the entrée and have other girls bring side dishes and desserts, beverages, and so on if you so desire.

Chrissy

•  

Maid Marion

I see it as a chance to perfect my cooking skills.  My first batch of clams was a little tough.  I dialed in in perfectly the second time.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on May 27, 2019, 09:16:21 AM
Have a card party or any reason for a get together and make and serve something wonderful.
You can make the entrée and have other girls bring side dishes and desserts, beverages, and so on if you so desire.

Chrissy
That's what I do from time to time, when the girlfriends feel like they need eat something German.  We go a little around,  on of my friends is from Jamaica, and another in our group of girls is from Trinidad.  I really love it when they cook original Caribbean food!  I learned from them that Curry, which comes from Est India, is a very common spice for them, because the British introduced it to the islands!
And, what most people also do not know, it is pretty well used in some German cooking.  One very common dish in Germany is even called Curry Wurst!

•  

Michelledeanna1989

Going grocery shopping after today.  Maybe chicken curry with rice  or a stir fry
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Linde on May 27, 2019, 09:28:52 AM
That's what I do from time to time, when the girlfriends feel like they need eat something German.  We go a little around,  on of my friends is from Jamaica, and another in our group of girls is from Trinidad.  I really love it when they cook original Caribbean food!  I learned from them that Curry, which comes from Est India, is a very common spice for them, because the British introduced it to the islands!
And, what most people also do not know, it is pretty well used in some German cooking.  One very common dish in Germany is even called Curry Wurst!

The German wursts are actually the best!  Pun intended.

Good eats!

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on May 27, 2019, 06:32:25 PM

The German wursts are actually the best!  Pun intended.

Good eats!

Chrissy
Come and visit me in Florida, and we have a German cookout!

•  

christinej78

Hi Linde,                                  27 May 2019

Had Spaghetti and Meat-a-balls, frozen 6-pack of Oreo Cookies and a glass of warm milk.

Did they run the "Linde" 500 this weekend? If so, who came in last?

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Linde

Quote from: christinej78 on May 28, 2019, 12:42:03 AM
Hi Linde,                                  27 May 2019

Had Spaghetti and Meat-a-balls, frozen 6-pack of Oreo Cookies and a glass of warm milk.

Did they run the "Linde" 500 this weekend? If so, who came in last?

Best Always, Love
Christine
Christine, if I would have participated in the Linde 500, I would have whopped them all, depending on which of my vehicles I would have taken.  If it would have been none modified garden tractors, I would have been a real front runner, because mine has the largest engine B&S ever made for such tractors.  I have a whopping 29 1/2 hp under the hood!  Try to beat that girl!  (my first VW Beetle had 32 hp, and I felt as if I had a race car).
I don't eat cookies, it does not jive very well with being diabetic!

Hope you are doing well
Love
Linde

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Linde on May 28, 2019, 08:30:25 AM
Christine, if I would have participated in the Linde 500, I would have whopped them all, depending on which of my vehicles I would have taken.  If it would have been none modified garden tractors, I would have been a real front runner, because mine has the largest engine B&S ever made for such tractors.  I have a whopping 29 1/2 hp under the hood!  Try to beat that girl!  (my first VW Beetle had 32 hp, and I felt as if I had a race car).
I don't eat cookies, it does not give very well with being diabetic!

Hope you are doing well
Love
Linde

Linde,

How many CCs displacement for your engines?

Chrissy

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Linde on May 28, 2019, 08:30:25 AM
I don't eat cookies, it does not jive very well with being diabetic!

Hope you are doing well
Love
Linde

Hi Linde,                             28 May 2019

I probably shouldn't eat them either; they have a habit of accumulating around my belly.

I have a Deere John 445 Lawn and Garden Tractor with a 22 Horse Kawasaki fuel injected, water cooled V Twin. I had to repair the engine several years ago and decided I wanted to increase its performance. Long story short it did wheelies, ran at top RPM (didn't care what the throttle wanted) and tore up the plastic governor gears (later models had steel gears). It's sitting in the barn and will not be going to Phoenix with me.

I haven't read or heard a word on the Indy 500. I don't even know if they ran it. Maybe interest has waned for that "sport."

Take care mis amiga.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •