Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Church Iamrigte

Started by SallyChoasAura, July 22, 2018, 10:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SallyChoasAura

So I was at church and they had the inevitable "trans and gay are wrong and are disrespecting God" talk and I'm sitting there thinking 'stop, that's not fair!'  >:(
I am a Christian, but I'm one of the flexible ones. I think God is okay with anyone as long as they are good people! Maybe He gave them the wrong gender on purpose to test us or something. Either way, regardless of gender, sex, or religion; everyone is human and deserves a chance. :D
  •  

ErinWDK

Hi Sally,

I am sorry that you had this experience with people who call themselves "Christians."  More and more churches, even some that style themselves "Evangelical" are learning LGBTQ people are, first and foremost, PEOPLE.  I don't really know how to help you here.  The church I attend is at best so so for LGBTQ people but they would NEVER throw out something so openly invalidating, and hostile, in the open service.  If some misguided people try to pull that sort of thing in the name of the church behind the scenes (sort of to imply they have the key to how things REALLY are) the church leadership will shut them down -- HARD.  I got to see that in action with people trying to "straighten me out."

I do not know your relationship to this church or how deeply involved you are.  If at all possible it might be good to find a different church.  Many churches are more open than you experienced.  In some cases you need to look in their website for the code ONA (for Open and Affirming).  That might not be the style of worship you are looking for; but the hard invalidating message you received says that particular church missed the mark.

It is difficult to be transgender and Christian.  You need to find a church where they do not push the message that you are in the wrong just because you are you.  They do exist.

HTH

Erin
  •  

SallyChoasAura

@ErinWDK Thanks so much for your kind words, they made me feel better. They weren't speaking to me rather speaking about the LGBTQ COMMUNITY in whole, so I wasn't personally attacked. I believe everyone should be who they really are no matter what.
I would like to go to a different church, but since I'm only 15 I don't have a say in the matter and my parents like the church too much to leave. They also don't know I'm questioning myself about gender and sexuality.
  •  

Dianne H

Sally,
There are many reasons for the things which happen to us.

Some cases are just because sin entered the world after Adam and Eve sinned.
Some cases are just because the Lord allows things to manifest his strength when he gives us the strength to keep going through something.
Some cases are because the Lord allows bad to happen unto us to prove who loves him unconditionally.
Some cases are because of Satan and evil spirits.

The problem is that most so called Christians don't know the difference in either what a person suffers from or the scriptures to show if they themselves are in a position to say anything of help. Many just repeat passed down teachings while other merely tell you what you want to hear.

Christianity today is a mess.

Just hang in there and trust the Lord.

If you're 15 and your parents have the say in where you go to church don't allow anything to stop you from seeking the Lord with all of your heart.

Your soul is too precious.

Dianne.
Christian
US Army vet
  •  

SallyChoasAura

Aw geez... thank you for your kind words!😊
  •  

MsAnnaLynn

Well stated. Satan roams around like a lion looking for someone to devour, so guard your heart. Jesus is our Savior, Protector, Comforter and is alive and well, and hell was created for Satan, who wants to take as many with him as he can.
  •