News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Christian and SrS

Started by Queenie, July 22, 2018, 03:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLT1

Hi,

I wrestled with myself for years, I did not wrestle with God.  I prayed, I listened, I transitioned.  I grew closer to God through Christ.  I didn't know why I was the way I was but it didn't matter.  Everyday, I know I made the right choice.  I am whole.

Then one day I was talking to my psych and the conversation turned to why God made me like I was. Now she isn't a Christian but she knows of my childhood. She stated quite clearly that if I hadn't at least presented male and hid myself, I would never have made it out childhood.  My true identity was hidden so that I would live until tbe time I could be me.  I know she was right.

Now I volunteer helping victums of sexual assult.  This is the most rewarding thing I do.  I also know me, something most people nevet know.  I am true to me and true to God.  Two gifts that are worth more than all the pain I ever felt.

So.etimes we never know "why": why wasn't I born rich, or beautiful, or talented, or athletic or any other thing?  I was born this way so that I would come to know God through Christ.

Hugs

Jen

PS... would love to write more but I'm not that good on a cell phone.🤗
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

amandam

Quote from: JLT1 on August 30, 2018, 12:43:50 AM
I was born this way so that I would come to know God through Christ.

I like this. Thanks.
Out of the closet to family 4-2019
  •