Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I'm Torn Between Two Decisions That Will Determine My Future

Started by Ivekan, July 22, 2018, 03:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelic

Quote from: Devlyn on September 16, 2018, 08:45:54 PM
That is, to use a technical term, a load of horse hooey. You don't "become" transgender based on the supply, or lack of supply, of money.

That's probably the worst advice I've seen someone give on this site, and borders on being downright unsupportive.

Do you know what horse hooey is used for? Fertilizer, to grow farms and gardens. It is good for the environment. It is good for productivity. It is good for...making money.

Also, I have a horse avatar and I am offended.

So it boils down to this:
Maybe FTMs live in a different space, where they are perfectly accepted by society and their parents, and they can get any job with ease.

But that's not my experience as an MTF at all. It was a >-bleeped-<show, no real friends, no money to afford hair removal or FFS to pass (not that I would do FFS anyway), no money to improve my living conditions or have a car, constantly bullied and rejected by society, etc. But its a free country, if people want to try to transition while going through a hellish grind, that's their choice.

So what is the problem here? If as an FTM, they can make money, be accepted by society, and get all the perks and benefits of being a first-class citizen, then they should by all means do it.

This topic was about advice. But I guess it really was just a one-sided conversation, there was never two options of choices of response, only 1 option you are allowed to respond to, a rhetorical question, where you have to regurgitate positive things and only the stuff people want to hear.

And yes, money is my god, don't diss my religion. Being a non-passing trans who is stuck in poverty is absolute HELL.
Intolerables, everywhere...cannot escape them.
  •  

Devlyn

:laugh:  Your avatar is a unicorn, not a horse! You're one of us.  >:-)
  •  

Angelic

Quote from: Devlyn on September 18, 2018, 12:45:20 PM
:laugh:  Your avatar is a unicorn, not a horse! You're one of us.  >:-)

Unicorns are horses, lol. Just horses with an upgrade
Intolerables, everywhere...cannot escape them.
  •