Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Can trans people have kids??

Started by SallyChoasAura, July 27, 2018, 03:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SallyChoasAura

So I've always been kind of curious if mtf and ftm trans can have kids... can someone hit me up with that info?
  •  

LexieDragon

There are ways, but once certain procedures have been done (orchiectomy for mtf,hysterectomy for ftm) , those would involve surrogates, IV fertilization and implantation, or both. Note in these cases one would have had ones gametes extracted and frozen.

Anyway there are plenty of cases of trans/cis and trans/trans couples conceiving and carrying naturally.

https://www.google.com/search?q=trans+couple+pregnancy&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS767US767&oq=trans+couple+pr&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0.5546j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexandra teh gr8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Some clever text here]
  •  

LexieDragon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexandra teh gr8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Some clever text here]
  •  

sarah1972

For MTF  the most common option is to freeze sperm before starting any medical treatment. This will allow for future use.

FTM can become pregnant but they would have to stop testosterone treatment. Also certain surgeries can prevent this,

Depending on local laws, adoption is an option too.

I have one kid so far... while this happened before my transition, it still involved freezing.

There has been some buzz about uterus transplants but it is not known if this would be a possibility for MTF....

•  

DawnOday

Sally...I am a non surgical MTF. Mainly because of health problems. I had the honor of having two children who are now adults who support my decision to address my lifetime secret. They were very much mistakes as under both circumstances I was high. My cis-wife is my best friend and we haven't been together for 35 years because of sex. Ahh , but we are intimate. 25 years of Spiro can put an end to your sex life as a pecker packing papa. I don't know what I would do without her. The possibility of having a uterus transplant is being perfected right now. In the future, it may be possible for MTF to have babies. It is one of the things that I wish had been possible when I was in my 20's as I do have a high desire to give birth. Sex with a man has never been on my radar but as I look back at my relationship with my best guy friend Jeff I realize, I was jealous of him getting into a relationship. I used to be real mean to his wife like she was interfering with something. It really was not warranted as she has always been nice to me.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

SallyChoasAura

Thanks for all the responses everyone!!! I really appreciate your answers! 🤗

...also... why is this under pets and creatures...?
  •  

LexieDragon

I just noticed that myself...strange
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexandra teh gr8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Some clever text here]
  •  

SallyChoasAura

*Illuminatie music plays*👁⚠️
  /\
/@\
-------
  •  

LexieDragon

If Robert Langdon shows up this could get good. Or terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexandra teh gr8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Some clever text here]
  •  

Ashley3

Quote from: SallyChoasAura on July 27, 2018, 03:37:23 PM
So I've always been kind of curious if mtf and ftm trans can have kids... can someone hit me up with that info?

It depends on what you mean by "have" kids. I assume you mean have biological offspring. One being trans alone isn't enough to discern whether or not that is possible... it depends on whether the person has had surgeries or not, and/or various meds, and if any of the former, whether they've stored anything prior to meds/surgeries.

For an MTF, cryopreservation prior to HRT is a must for healthy offspring because once you begin HRT, your fertility will slowly go away, and even if it's not fully gone, the sperm itself becomes negatively affected such that it's generally considered unwise to use post-HRT-affected sperm.

Based on all the input I received from various doctors, I sort of personally (this is not something all might agree with) feel that once so much as begin one day of HRT, the use of the sperm is risky, so cryopreservation should always begin before any HRT.

Some might think this is a little strict (and it may be) but there were enough (inconclusive) studies around the time I was to begin HRT which indicated there may be a connection to any HRT and negative affects on sperm such that I felt it best not to risk things.

My feeling is, even though those studies were inconclusive, it was enough for me to say to myself, "Why even risk anything here if it costs nothing to maximize safety in case these studies pan out to have some accuracy? If I eventually want kids, why not cryopreserve the free-and-clear stuff to optimize for the best outcome?" I felt that was only advance respect for any offspring, but also myself and any eventual partner.

So I'm not a scientist here or a doc, but that's my feeling on it.

But per above, being merely trans alone isn't enough to discern possibilities... someone trans without any surgeries/meds jeopardizing reproductive health can certainly have children (assuming they are healthy in the reproductive area). I know you likely know that but it's nice to clarify those things.
  •  

SallyChoasAura

Thanks for the info Ashley!!! And might I say, you look beautiful in your profile pic!!
  •  

GingerVicki

I am not as fancy as other people. I had mine the old fashioned way. I did this prior to starting to transition. Then immediately got a vasectomy. You know just in case.
  •  

SallyChoasAura

•  

LilDevilOfPrada

Quote from: SallyChoasAura on July 28, 2018, 01:22:50 AM
That's cool, fam.

I remember when I was young and trying to figure out why I felt like a girl, I came across so many cases of FTM and MTF couples who assumed they were sterile. They werent.
Awww no my little kitten gif site is gone :( sad.

2 Febuary 2011/13 June 2011 hrt began
  •