Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Favorite Razor

Started by Coffeedrew, July 30, 2018, 10:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coffeedrew

I just want to let everybody know as a MTF who still shaves my favorite razor.
I also want to note:
I do not support or endorse or get a commission off anything I say this is just my personal experience of using a product for myself.
I also don't really look into backgrounds of company's and I do not care what they support.
I judge the tool for it's design and it's intended purpose and if it gets the job done.

So my favorite brand of razor is this new one that has been at Walmart and it is called Harry's.
I use it to shave my face and it only takes a single pass.Its a five blade razor and the razor costs around 10.00 USD.
It comes with a extra blade and a blade guard for the razor.
So far I have used it twice and mine is a nice navy blue and the handle is a rubber grip.
I have not used it on my body and they sell refillable blades.
As far as using it on my face I give it a 10/10.
I still need time to decide if the blades can last 4-10 shaves on a blade.
  •  

Gertrude

I use dollar shave. I used to use Gillette fusion which was excellent but expensive. The problem is that dollar goes dull a lot quicker and it doesn't do as well on more than one days growth. When it comes down to it, cost is almost a wash. Also, the handles don't hold up. I have to replace them at least once a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

MikeP

Been using the Venus razor for years, and pink is one of favorite colors from costco. 
If you say you can or cant do something you are correct! Henry Ford
  •  

VickyS

For shaving my face normally I use a safety razor with a single blade as they are REALLY cheap to buy the blades.  Have to be careful with them though as they can cut you like crazy. First shave after electrolysis though I use a Gillette Venus Embrace sensitive 5 blade VERY gently on the areas concerned.

All other parts I use the Gillette Venus Embrace sensitive 5 blade.  I find the cheaper ones really give me a shaving rash and get clogged up really easily.  I tried a bic 2 blade and almost tore myself to bits! Not kidding, there was a trickle of blood running down my leg!  :o
Came out to self: mid Oct 17                   Last haircut: 3rd Nov 17       
Came out to wife: 17th Jan 18                 Therapy started: 1st Mar 18
Electrolysis started: 10th Apr 18              Referred to GIC: 16th May 18
  •  

NC_Sarah

I use a straight razor, I taught myself to use it years ago and can't go back with the store razors. I have a single edge old school razor for my legs. I haven't bought new blades for the single edge in months and haven't bought a new straight in over 10 years. They take some time to learn, but they last for years.
"Long after one has forgotten what a woman wore, the memory of her perfume lingers."
  •  

Harley Quinn

I will second a straight razor for the best possible shave, but in a pinch I'll use a DE butterfly safety razor with Derby blades. The safety razor is also excellent for legs, and at $0.03 a blade they are quite affordable.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Safety razors are definitely worth the investment.  You don't even need to get crazy with them either, my $20 Weishi butterfly razor works just fine.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

NC_Sarah

Quote from: Harley Quinn on July 31, 2018, 09:20:27 AM
I will second a straight razor for the best possible shave, but in a pinch I'll use a DE butterfly safety razor with Derby blades. The safety razor is also excellent for legs, and at $0.03 a blade they are quite affordable.

Those butterfly razors are amazing, I have one for my legs too. Very cheap.
"Long after one has forgotten what a woman wore, the memory of her perfume lingers."
  •  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on July 31, 2018, 09:33:43 AM
Safety razors are definitely worth the investment.  You don't even need to get crazy with them either, my $20 Weishi butterfly razor works just fine.
damn skippy...  😎
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Coffeedrew

I want to add an update on this:I am almost 4 weeks into hrt this razor no longer agrees with my skin.
I will try a new razor tonight: A 3 blade Gillette Venus.
I believe pre-hrt the Harry's was great I noticed my hair was a lot tougher and now it's becoming softer and finer.
  •  

VeronicaLynn

You have one you don't dislike?

All of them either don't get close enough shave or cause lots of nicks, or pretty much all both...

Sort of like wet electics, at least they don't cause lots of nicks or irritation, though they don't shave nearly close enough. If anything came even close to a good shave, I wouldn't be spending thousands of dollars on electrolysis...
  •  

Chloe

Find the cheapest, disposable twin blades work best . . .

They don't clog up as easy and, except when brand new, less prone to "nicks".
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

GingerVicki

Gillette works very well. The blades are far enough apart to get the hair out. They last a long time.
  •  

Coffeedrew

The three blade one works very good.I want to try a single blade razor and I will try what have been suggested. One of the things that I've learned to do is if I let the hair grow out for a long period of time.(2-4 days on face and maybe a week every where else.) I take a electric shaver and then shave it down to a stubble. I then will  just go over it with the razor in a second pass.
  •