Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Debi & Tia's Grand Wedding Adventure

Started by Anne Blake, August 02, 2018, 06:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Quote from: Debi on September 03, 2018, 06:39:25 AM
Hello to all our adventure followers,
DAY 13 came and went without a post from me. I think I needed a break. I do want to tell you about a travel mistake that these two Colorado Crazy Ladies, who have traveled all over the world, made yesterday. Actually this mistake probably happened weeks ago. We did not look at a calendar and PLAN! One of the reasons for visiting this area was a desire to see Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor, Maine. We pulled into Bar Harbor yesterday around noon. Then spent the next 45 minutes working our way back out of town. My pictures do not do it justice. People everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. Cars only moving in one direction and once in the queue it was like being on a conveyer belt waiting for the Fates to hand you a parking spot or prod you to continue following the break lights ahead of you until finally Gargoyle (our GPS) took pity on us and led us back to sanity. We headed on to Bangor, Maine and our hotel. We did take a soak in the hot tub and Tia did some laps in the pool.

Our morning had started out so nice in the little village of Milbridge just an hour north of Bar Harbor. We had spent the night in what was an old 50s style motel which overlooked the community garden and inlet from the bay. Had breakfast at a locals resturant and a nice conversation with our waitress about kids and how fast they grow up, she was also the lady who had checked us in to our motel the night before. The motel and resturant were not connected. Small town and people do what they need to, to get by. While at the resturant we overheard a young transman talking to someone who was trying to counsel him. There are times that it hurts to know that you cannot help but it was not the situation to say anything. We did pray for them and the situation as we traveled away from Milbridge.

Here is the proof that yesterday happened.

Laurie, this is a road we were on in Canada and were wishing for a return to after our lack of planning on when we got to Bar Harbor.

Signing out for yesterday,
Debi
A DIRT ROAD!!!! You found a nice dirt road!  Dirt roads are do much more nicer than parks and towns full of nasty peoples all intent on telacing and getting away from it all,  all together in the same place.
  Thank you for the updates and the pictures. When you get to Sykesville, give Ann a loving hug for me. Their boys are nice polite young men. Careful around Harvey though he drinks a little too much and can get overly affectionate. ( You know how rabbits are .... )
  Oh yeah say hi to what's her name, Minerva? Morticians? Meneheunie? Oh heck you know who I  mean, Ann's wife.  No no no Tia, not Debi, the other Ann w/o the "e", the Farmer's wife. Anyway Ann's wife... You can give her a biker babe bear hug for me. If you want that is. But only if you want.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

steph2.0

Lately I've found myself looking for quotes from people smarter than I for inspiration. In the old days I would have used this one:

Adventure is someone having a very hard time of it very far away.
- unknown

Now I like this one:

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance.
- also unknown

But seriously, this one is most inspirational:

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.

- Helen Keller

And I think this one is the best:

A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.
- Tim Cahill

I can't wait to see you both again!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Yup! I knew Laurie would notice the DIRT ROAD picture  ;D. She must already know where they all lead.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Donica on September 03, 2018, 10:50:06 AM
Yup! I knew Laurie would notice the DIRT ROAD picture  ;D. She must already know where they all lead.

To the car wash.

I know. Up on the fridge...

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 03, 2018, 11:12:23 AM
To the car wash.

I know. Up on the fridge...

Stephanie

Do you have to wear any kinda dunce hat or anything when one is banished to the top of the fridge?  ::).
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Anne Blake

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 03, 2018, 10:09:01 AM

A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.
- Tim Cahill

I can't wait to see you both again!

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie, I agree with you on your last and favorite quote and that means that this trip is quite the adventure!

We look forward to seeing you when we get that far south,

Love you sister,
Tia & Deb
  •  

Debi

DAY 14 found us leaving Bangor, Maine with me broken (FM) and on Benadryl. Which means that I slept and Tia had to deal with the stop and go traffic that we had all the way down the coast on the I-95 corridor. Started in Maine, crossed through New Hampshire and are bedding down in White River Junction, Vermont. Now both Tia and I have been in all the US states but Alaska. Alaskan Danielle, would you be up for a visit sometime in the future?

Since most of the day I slept and it took all day to get here with the traffic no photos were taken except for the pic I snapped as Tia got out of the shower. Isn't she adorable?

Not much to report today although we did cross through three States. (I am not including the state of confusion that Benadryl puts me in or the state of frustration that stop and go traffic leaves Tia in.) Stephanie your not keeping up, you still have us in Milbridge, Maine. That's not far enough from the border patrol or the Canadian Mounties. Last night we were in Bangor, Maine and tonight we have made it to White River Junction, Vermont. Tomorrow we are hoping for Lake George, New York.

Signing out for the night,
Debi
  •  

LizK

"Long drawn our wolf whistle"

Looking good girl!!!

Hey Debi Enjoy your evening you two and I hope you are feeling better soon. Time to haul out some TLC  :D

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Donica

Oh my Tia!!! That picture reminds me of a few James Bond movies. Debi, I'm sorry tp here your still now feeling well. Broken? Did you break when you fell? Ouch! That's going to hurt for a while. Thanks for the update. I'm sure Stephanie will update the map soon. She may still be asleep. It's still early where I am.

Hugs,
Donica.
  •  

KathyLauren

Debi, I am sorry that you are feeling under the weather.  I hope you are feeling better soon.

Tia, as they say in Quebec, Quelles belles jambes!

Hopefully your route will avoid the biggest urban buildups and give you smooth travelling from here on.

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Anne Blake

Kathy, I just look at them as the only ones that I have but thank you anyway!

By the way, we made sure that the mice didn't get to the chocolate, and thank you for that as well!

Tia Anne
  •  

Debi

DAY 15
An explanation of my being broken is that I have fibromyalgia (FM). Sometimes the pain level is more than I want to handle. Often times I spend what I call a down day and sleep through most of the day. Other days I just deal with what is called fibro fog. My mind feels like it is mush and it is hard to think or make rational decisions. On days like these Tia goes into care taker mode and neither of us are happy campers. Today started out rocky but I seemed to work through it. We left White River Junction and drove over to Woodstock, Vermont. (Yes, for those of you who are paying attention this is our second Woodstock. I think we are making up for missing the first one in 1969.) We checked on the map to see how close we are in New York but it is more out of the way then we want to go to see an empty field. Anyway, Woodstock, VT was a quaint village where we stopped for midmorning dessert and viewed a covered bridge. Here's the proof.

Then on to Plymouth VT and the birthplace and home of Calvin Coolidge our 30th President. After a bit of historying we headed in to New York state and our resting for the night place at the Hampton Inn at Lake George, NY.

I thought I was done taking pictures for the day and did not take the camera to dinner at a little Italian restaurant next to the hotel but Tia's reaction to her slice of Italian lemon cream caused me to pull out my phone. It was as close to obscene as one can get at a restaurant table. I titled it "I Want What She Is Having!"

Signing out for DAY 15,
Debi
  •  

Michelle_P

Oh, dear!

I think the Moderation Team might have to review that image of Tia @Anne Blake with the Italian Lemon Cream.  We have rules about explicit images, @Debi !

Looks like a fun day, and a mid morning ice cream break?  I approve!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Anne Blake

Yes, I can attest that it was that good....and personally speaking, I have never had a taste treat give me twinges like that one did!

Tia Anne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Donica on September 03, 2018, 01:11:36 PM
Do you have to wear any kinda dunce hat or anything when one is banished to the top of the fridge?  ::).

Not as far as I know, though the rules are subject to change at Loomis's... er... Loofah's... um... Laurie's whim.

It's also recommended that you pre-stock the top with chocolate, wine, and #stormchips. Be ready. The vertical boost to higher elevations could happen at any time and with no warning.

Stephanie, The Voice of Experience

•  

steph2.0

•  

Anne Blake

Sorry Stephanie for putting such demands upon you but we are currently in Lake George New York and heading to Scranton Pennsylvania on the marrow. Good luck keeping up.

Tia Anne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Anne Blake on September 04, 2018, 10:09:48 PM
Sorry Stephanie for putting such demands upon you but we are currently in Lake George New York and heading to Scranton Pennsylvania on the marrow. Good luck keeping up.

Tia Anne

It's a grueling process. The map sits to the side. I type in the location, and I click the button thingy. It can take as much as 10 seconds. Ten seconds I'll never see again. Then I go get a shower and prepare for the next onslaught.

I'm exhausted. Time for bed.

Stephanie

•  

Debi

Oh, Stephanie you beat us to Scranton. That could be worth an extra box of chocolates.

Debi
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Debi on September 05, 2018, 06:01:10 AM
Oh, Stephanie you beat us to Scranton. That could be worth an extra box of chocolates.

Squeeee!

In the high-pressure Susan's tracking world, if you're not ahead you've fallen behind.

•