Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Spontaneous sex change in sci-fi movie.

Started by Julia1996, August 04, 2018, 05:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

At 3 this morning while waiting for Tristan to finish his night shift I was browsing through movies on amazon and I came across a movie called Paradox Alice. I was expecting it to be a pretty awful movie which it was but I sometimes like watching bad sci-fi because some are so bad they are actually funny. The movie is set in the future and the earth has dried up. So this ship is collecting water from Europa, one of jupiters moons. When they come out of their stasis pods they find that earth had a nuclear war and has been destroyed. I don't mean made uninhabitable I mean destroyed as in turned to dust and no longer there. And the moon is shattered into pieces. Those must of been some powerful bombs. The 3 person crew are all men and they are the only survivors of the human race. The cute macho guy of the 3 starts feeling sick. As they are eating lunch or whatever the guy starts having a seizure and falls to the floor. He starts screaming and his skin starts to pulsate and I'm thinking alien rip off. But no, he spontaneously turns into a woman. It looks very similar to someone becoming a warewolf. His limbs shrink and become slender, he sprouts breasts, his beard retracts into his skin and he sprouts long blonde hair. In like 2 minutes this 36 year old guy transforms into a 21 year old woman with a fully functioning reproductive system.

It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen. The only explanation given for this spontaneous sex change was that it was some biological imperative so the human race could continue. Yeah, like one female could repopulate the human race. And lets not forget they no longer have a planet to live on. This is an awful movie but the sex change scene is kind of cool. Even if the guy changing sprouts blonde hair with dark roots and long nails with polish on them. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

GingerVicki

•  

Maid Marion

•  

HappyMoni

Pre-transition this was the stuff I used to dream about, such a transformation. I suspect I am not alone. There was an article, a short story in Playboy years ago about guys falling asleep as men and waking up as women. The first one was seen as an oddity but when it started happening everywhere, there was fear that it would end the human race. I read it many times. (See some folks do read the articles in Playboy, lol.)
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

LexieDragon

I think I have seen this before (at least the scene) and, yes it is kinda of fantasy touching. It reminds me of what sapphirefoxx does.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexandra teh gr8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Some clever text here]
  •  

GordonG

You can watch that scene here:

Reminds me of that question you see every once in a while; "If there were a pill that would turn you into a hot woman would you take it?"

Oh hell yes!
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: GordonG on August 04, 2018, 01:57:01 PM
You can watch that scene here:

Reminds me of that question you see every once in a while; "If there were a pill that would turn you into a hot woman would you take it?"

Oh hell yes!

I noticed the tagline at the bottom of your post that you are on spire only. I have to say your avatar picture looks amazing. You look totally passable even though you're not on estrogen.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

MaryT

I can't see the dailymotion clip but it sounds cool. 

I suppose, theoretically, a single female could repopulate the human race (at least I gather that scientists say we have a common ancestor).  Also, some animals can change sex, e.g. the Wikipedia article on sex change says
"A school of clownfish is always built into a hierarchy with a female fish at the top. When she dies, the most dominant male changes sex and takes her place."
It ain't gonna happen with humans, though, sadly, not without GRS, anyway.  Maybe someday, we will all have nanobots that allow us to choose our gender and rebuild as well as repair ourselves.
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: MaryT on August 04, 2018, 02:26:42 PM
I can't see the dailymotion clip but it sounds cool. 

I suppose, theoretically, a single female could repopulate the human race (at least I gather that scientists say we have a common ancestor).  Also, some animals can change sex, e.g. the Wikipedia article on sex change says
"A school of clownfish is always built into a hierarchy with a female fish at the top. When she dies, the most dominant male changes sex and takes her place."
It ain't gonna happen with humans, though, sadly, not without GRS, anyway.  Maybe someday, we will all have nanobots that allow us to choose our gender and rebuild as well as repair ourselves.

I don't think a single female could repopulate the human race. Even if she had offspring from different partners there still wouldn't be enough genetic diversity. The primary reason incest is illegal and taboo, besides being gross, is because of the possibility of defective offspring. Without without genetic diversity the same genetics are reproduced over and over. It's like making a copy, of a copy, of a copy. Eventually the copy is going to break down and be of very little quality. I know supposedly Adam and Eve created the human race and I mean no offense to religious people but the science doesn't support that claim.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

MaryT

Quote from: Julia1996 on August 04, 2018, 02:42:27 PM
I don't think a single female could repopulate the human race. Even if she had offspring from different partners there still wouldn't be enough genetic diversity. The primary reason incest is illegal and taboo, besides being gross, is because of the possibility of defective offspring. Without without genetic diversity the same genetics are reproduced over and over. It's like making a copy, of a copy, of a copy. Eventually the copy is going to break down and be of very little quality. I know supposedly Adam and Eve created the human race and I mean no offense to religious people but the science doesn't support that claim.

You're right, genetic diversity would be a problem.  Even if there was a first homo sapiens from whom we are all descended, he or she, and his or her descendents, may still have solved that problem by breeding with closely related human species.  Our sex changing astronaut would not have that option.
  •  

GordonG

Quote from: Julia1996 on August 04, 2018, 02:13:46 PM
I noticed the tagline at the bottom of your post that you are on spire only. I have to say your avatar picture looks amazing. You look totally passable even though you're not on estrogen.

Thank you, but that picture was doctored a bit using beauty photo editing software. It smoothed out the skin a bit. I didn't go overboard on it though, because I still wanted it to look like me.
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Lucca

I find it funny that the guy in the scene grows long, painted nails and lipstick. I didn't realize that those were biological.
  •  

Dena

This is a common theme in Science Fiction and goes way back in paper publishing. Robert A. Heinlein was supposed to be fascinated with the idea however because of lack of access I was never able to read much of his work. Other authors have also run with the theme and several suggested growing bodies and downloading your mind into it.

As for one person being able to repopulate humans, the real problem is genetic flaws. If your genetics were perfect, you might get away with an Adam and Eve. Other than that, you face the issue of a Population Bottleneck where flawed genetics can exist if the surviving population is of sufficient numbers.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Lucca on August 04, 2018, 03:53:34 PM
I find it funny that the guy in the scene grows long, painted nails and lipstick. I didn't realize that those were biological.

I know. And the blonde hair with dark roots. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Dena on August 04, 2018, 04:01:03 PMRobert A. Heinlein was supposed to be fascinated with the idea
"I Will Fear No Evil" is a Heinlein novel about an old man who has his brain transplanted into the body of a young woman who died of a brain injury.  It investigates the brain vs. body origins of gender and some of the social implications, from a time before our modern understanding of biological gender developed.

It has been years since I read it.  I ought to have another look at it from my new perspective.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •