Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Why are men incapable of putting the toilet paper on the spindle?

Started by Julia1996, August 05, 2018, 04:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

I don't know what it is about guys that makes them incapable of putting the toilet paper on the spindle!!! It doesn't matter which bathroom I go into, I find the toilet paper holder empty and there will be a new roll sitting on the counter or on the back of the toilet tank. But NOT on the spindle in the holder! So I told all three of them TO PUT THE TOILET PAPER IN THE HOLDER! So I went into the bathroom a few minutes ago and what do I find? An empty tube of toilet paper on the spindle and a brand new roll laying on top of the toilet paper holder, not on the spindle! AGHHH!! I swear I'm going to start hiding all the toilet paper and giving each one of them 4 squares a day. Lazy ass guys....
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

LexieDragon

What's even worse is when it is facing the wrong way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexandra teh gr8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Some clever text here]
  •  

SallyChoasAura

OMFG I KNOW RIGHT???!!!! LIKE I HAVE TWO BROTHERS WHO DO THAT AND THEN WHEN THEY GO TO THE BATHROOM THEY ALWAYS SHOUT AT ME TO GET THEM SOME TP AND IT'S LIKE 'B@$%& IF YOU NEEDED SOME WHY DIDN'T YOU GO GET IT BEFORE YOU TOOK A MASSIVE DUMP!!!!"
AND THEN WHEN I GO IN THERE WHEN I NEED TO GO THEY HARDLY EVER PUT IT ON THE SPINDLE AND GB HI YDNJJF BBN UFDJOO!!!!!!!
  •  

Lyric

Well, I always have to change it because it always seems to run out in the middle of my, uh, usage.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

big kim

Men haven't an eye for detail. I know someone who restores bikes & cars but asks his wife to check out his work because(in his own words) women are good at solving puzzles & will point out anything wrong
  •  

Lady Sarah

My hubby considers it as doing me a huge favor when he puts the TP on the spindle. He usually leaves 2, maybe 3 squares on the roll, expecting me to put a fresh roll when I need to use the toilet. Much of the time, he leaves the empty cardboard tube on the spindle, and never bothers to get out another roll at all.
I think it boils down to laziness. He thinks "why should I do anything? That's what I have her for".
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Arch

My father and brother never exhibited this behavior. The two male exes I lived with, even the one who was pretty much a jerk, also never exhibited this behavior, although I would sometimes find the toilet paper facing the "wrong direction" or down to a few turns--but that can happen to anyone. Fortunately, the spare rolls were always in the cabinet under the sink.

When I lived with other people, I felt obligated to install the roll immediately. Since I live alone now, I sometimes leave a new roll on the counter for a day or two. Nobody has complained yet. ;D

"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

Sydney_NYC

My wife is bad about replacing the rolls, but at least when she remembers to, she puts it on the spindle the correct direction.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

Lisa

*sheepishly raises hand*  So... I intentionally set mine on the counter in my apartment.  Ok, technically it's on a little tray on the counter, but let me explain!  There's a holder/spindle installed, but it's really awkwardly placed - just another of many questionable layout decisions by whoever designed my place ::)  Anyway, it's almost impossible for anyone larger than a child to remove any squares without bumping arms and elbows into things, or twisting their arm into unnatural positions.  My setup might not look quite as nice as using the built-in holder, but at least picking up a roll off the near-by counter doesn't require one to be a professional contortionist ;)

The people who are fortunate enough to have well-placed holders but don't use them, or leave empty rolls on them, or put the roll in the wrong direction drive me nuts though!  And I'm especially having trouble imagining a bathroom layout where the top of the tank is the best option.  Like, what if someone bumps the roll or the toilet, and it falls in?  Or falls on the floor?  And how often do most people even clean the top of the tank anyway?  Gross!

Also on the topic of annoying bathroom habits that seem to be more common in men, my big ones are:
Not washing their hands, or doing like a 2-second rinse without soap.  I just don't understand how some people can do that and then go on with their day?

Getting water all over the counter while washing their hands and not wiping it up.  I am so sick of forgetting to carefully check counters, and then ending up soaked because I accidentally brush my clothing against the edge after someone left it a mess!
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: LeafyMeg4589 on August 06, 2018, 04:26:06 AM
*sheepishly raises hand*  So... I intentionally set mine on the counter in my apartment.  Ok, technically it's on a little tray on the counter, but let me explain!  There's a holder/spindle installed, but it's really awkwardly placed - just another of many questionable layout decisions by whoever designed my place ::)  Anyway, it's almost impossible for anyone larger than a child to remove any squares without bumping arms and elbows into things, or twisting their arm into unnatural positions.  My setup might not look quite as nice as using the built-in holder, but at least picking up a roll off the near-by counter doesn't require one to be a professional contortionist ;)

The people who are fortunate enough to have well-placed holders but don't use them, or leave empty rolls on them, or put the roll in the wrong direction drive me nuts though!  And I'm especially having trouble imagining a bathroom layout where the top of the tank is the best option.  Like, what if someone bumps the roll or the toilet, and it falls in?  Or falls on the floor?  And how often do most people even clean the top of the tank anyway?  Gross!

Also on the topic of annoying bathroom habits that seem to be more common in men, my big ones are:
Not washing their hands, or doing like a 2-second rinse without soap.  I just don't understand how some people can do that and then go on with their day?

Getting water all over the counter while washing their hands and not wiping it up.  I am so sick of forgetting to carefully check counters, and then ending up soaked because I accidentally brush my clothing against the edge after someone left it a mess!

I totally understand the awkward placement of the toilet paper holder. The bathroom in our basement has the toilet paper holder in such a weird location you almost have to be a contortionist to reach it. So I bought a free standing toilet paper holder for that one. It has a spindle and everything. I've found an empty cardboard tube on that one as well! When I had pneumonia earlier this year and was bedridden the guys did all the cleaning. Surprisingly they kept the top of the toilet tank clean but on the floor on each side of the toilet where the toilet is bolted to the floor was nasty!  No one had cleaned that spot on any of the toilets while I was sick.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Maid Marion

The proper direction in my house is the one that prevents the cat from rolling all the paper off the tube!

I always replace the TP and never leave the seat up. [except in public bathrooms, where I touch as little as possible, so things are left as I found them] But, I've always been "different."
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Maid Marion on August 06, 2018, 06:36:50 AM
The proper direction in my house is the one that prevents the cat from rolling all the paper off the tube!

I always replace the TP and never leave the seat up. [except in public bathrooms, where I touch as little as possible, so things are left as I found them] But, I've always been "different."
So true about the cat.  Not my preferred way but it beats picking the shreds off the floor. 

I've always been the only one that seems to be able to figure out how to put a new roll on the spindle, so for a long time it was the "male" in the house that always did it, wife and daughters not. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

4A-GZE

A better question, in my opinion, is why do people even USE the spindle? Am I the only one who likes to hold the roll when I use it? I just set it on the counter for convenience's sake.
  •  

Faith

first I'd like to point out that I, historically, always put the roll on a spindle. I don't know what you all think is the right direction to hang, for me it's loose-leaf out and facing you where you can see it.

My preferred scenario is holding the roll. Much easier to get what I need without spooling it all over the place.

That said, no spindle in our primary bath so it goes on a convenient flat spot. The one I don't like is sliding the spare rolls down the handle of the ever-handy plunger. EWWWWW do you know where that thing has been? Keep them in a reachable cabinet and, for everyone's sake, leave them in the plastic wrapping.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Faith on August 06, 2018, 07:17:01 AM
first I'd like to point out that I, historically, always put the roll on a spindle. I don't know what you all think is the right direction to hang, for me it's loose-leaf out and facing you where you can see it.

My preferred scenario is holding the roll. Much easier to get what I need without spooling it all over the place.

That said, no spindle in our primary bath so it goes on a convenient flat spot. The one I don't like is sliding the spare rolls down the handle of the ever-handy plunger. EWWWWW do you know where that thing has been? Keep them in a reachable cabinet and, for everyone's sake, leave them in the plastic wrapping.

Ewww. I would never keep a plunger in the bathroom.  Ours stays out in the garage where it belongs. I keep the toilet paper in the cabinets under the sink. The downstairs bathroom has a pedestal type sink so if you run out in that bathroom you have to yell for someone to bring you some or you have to walk out to the garage with a dirty butt. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Julia1996 on August 06, 2018, 07:39:53 AM
Ewww. I would never keep a plunger in the bathroom.  Ours stays out in the garage where it belongs. I keep the toilet paper in the cabinets under the sink. The downstairs bathroom has a pedestal type sink so if you run out in that bathroom you have to yell for someone to bring you some or you have to walk out to the garage with a dirty butt. Lol

we don't have a garage, plus, I would rather a rinsed off (un-rinsed .. ick!) and stored plunger handy than to run for one and have a toilet over flow making an even bigger mess before you can get back to it.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

GingerVicki

I'm sure there are some out there that will put it on the roll correctly.

I must admit that after having children i'm just glad there is toilet paper. Anyone have to sing the stranded on the potty song.
  •  

MaryT

Quote from: 4A-GZE on August 06, 2018, 06:55:28 AM
A better question, in my opinion, is why do people even USE the spindle? Am I the only one who likes to hold the roll when I use it? I just set it on the counter for convenience's sake.

Cue for all of us to point at Carly and do the (1978) Invasion of the Body Snatchers scream.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
  •  

DawnOday

Julia...So glad to have you back. I really missed your humor and warmth. Have you considered that like my home the dogs love to roam and one of their favorite things to do is to unroll the toilet paper? I got tired of picking up after them. So there it sits on the tank. Unfortunately I now have a toddler for a granddaughter and she loves to play with the TP too. And she can reach the top of the tank.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

MaryT

Re my last post, people who don't use the spindle because they can't reach it or because their dogs and cats can, are exempt from the scream.

Quote from: LexieDragon on August 05, 2018, 05:01:49 PM
What's even worse is when it is facing the wrong way...

Quote from: LeafyMeg4589 on August 06, 2018, 04:26:06 AM
The people who ... put the roll in the wrong direction drive me nuts though! ...

Quote from: Sydney_NYC on August 05, 2018, 10:58:30 PM
My wife is bad about replacing the rolls, but at least when she remembers to, she puts it on the spindle the correct direction.

Quote from: Arch on August 05, 2018, 10:44:51 PM
...  I would sometimes find the toilet paper facing the "wrong direction" ...

Quote from: Faith on August 06, 2018, 07:17:01 AM
... I don't know what you all think is the right direction to hang, for me it's loose-leaf out and facing you where you can see it.

Possibly another opportunity to point and scream but I'll defer until I'm sure that I'll be one of the screamers and not the screamed at.

I have the loose leaf on the side nearest the wall, like my mother had it.  I did experiment with the loose leaf on the outside (it seemed to make sense dynamically) but I sometimes pulled the spindle right off the wall, so mummy knew best.
  •