Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Finally started down the path.

Started by Sabrina Rei, August 06, 2018, 09:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Elle, it's simple. All I see in your photo is a beautiful woman. Women use the ladies room! Just make sure you do your business while seated, and no one will care.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Chris39

Congratulations you look amazing I start hrt on the 4of Jan .its really exciting but yet scary to my new wife is not sure about this whole idea .it helps because she was in a lesbian relationship for a couple years. Really still on the fence of how this will turn out it's great and hopefull that I can have success like you have Congratulations again
Live for today !!there's no promis of a tomorrow
  •  

Sabrina Rei

Quote from: Chris39 on December 21, 2018, 06:13:48 AM
Congratulations you look amazing I start hrt on the 4of Jan .its really exciting but yet scary to my new wife is not sure about this whole idea .it helps because she was in a lesbian relationship for a couple years. Really still on the fence of how this will turn out it's great and hopefull that I can have success like you have Congratulations again

Thank you and congratulations yourself, that's a huge step. The key so far to maintaining my relationship with my partner has been keeping her peace of mind. That is, having answers to any and all questions she might have, and addressing her needs before she even brings them up. I don't know if what we have will last forever, I certainly hope it will, but I can only live in the moment and do everything I can to make sure we're both happy and our daughter is raised in loving household. So far so good!

I think another important thing, for us anyway, is not pretending things are exactly the same. In essence our marriage is in a state of transition and it's up to us to be honest and lean into those changes. We don't want to play make believe.

I wish you the greatest success and happiness in your own HRT journey! Keep me informed

Sabrina Rei

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on December 21, 2018, 05:30:56 AM
Elle, it's simple. All I see in your photo is a beautiful woman. Women use the ladies room! Just make sure you do your business while seated, and no one will care.

Thanks, Jess. (Can I call you Jess?) I'm pretty sure once the gals see me in my dress at the holiday party on Jan 7th, and I have a chance to chat a bit, things will be less stressful.

BlueJaye

Quote from: elle's bells on August 06, 2018, 09:02:47 AM
And in a hilarious turn of events, I've realized something. I feel more like a woman now even in cargo pants and a t shirt, than I ever did wearing pretty dresses and high heels. All of that seems to have been an expression of some deep rooted desire to belong, to get right and with the dysphoria sort of evaporating, that sense I was looking for is there in the forefront. Like, I still feel comfortable in women's dress clothes, but it's not required any more. I can just... be.

This is exactly how I feel now that I am on HRT. I still want to dress feminine, but since I am not at all passable yet, I present as a man publicly. And it doesn't bother as much. I still feel very feminine even if my clothes (and facial hair) don't match how I feel.
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: elle's bells on December 21, 2018, 08:43:15 AM
Thanks, Jess. (Can I call you Jess?) I'm pretty sure once the gals see me in my dress at the holiday party on Jan 7th, and I have a chance to chat a bit, things will be less stressful.

'Jess' is fine with me, that is actually what most of my coworkers call me. A few use Jessie or Jessica, but I will respond to any of them. That is actually one of the hardest parts of transition, getting used to a new name. Your automated response system takes a while to become accustomed to a new name. I still hesitate on occasion when someone asks for my name!

I was wearing a dress, leggings, and knee boots to pick my daughter up at the airport today. Of course I had to use the bathroom (darn spiro), and of course there was a line. A nice older lady started a conversation with me and we talked until stalls opened up for us. As frightening as the first few times were, I have never been confronted in the ladies room. I'm sure it will be fine, just enjoy the party!
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

Sabrina Rei

Our daughter had a sleepover last night, so we went out to see The Favourite which was wonderful and grotesque in its absurdity. Before the film started we had some time to wander the empty halls of the great holiday themed shopping mall, as if it were an undiscovered tomb to an Egyptian ruler.

As we walked, and giggled and whirled from sight to sight. I didn't feel like her husband. I felt like her best friend. And it frightens me. She is so stunning but do I have any right to keep that smile to myself? Doesn't she deserve to be cherished in the way a man cherishes a woman? ...Don't I? I can't fill that role in her life. I want to because I'm afraid of what it means if I don't, but also, I don't want to. I love her deeply, madly. She's family. She's my heart. But these new feelings, they might be a kind of sisterly bond just as strong but entirely different from the one i shared with her as her husband. I need to think on this. I'm sorry to bum you out this close to Christmas. I want to be the example of the couple that makes it through the fire of transition together, stronger! But maybe that's a fairy tale...

Happy holidays to you all,

Jessica_Rose

She deserves to be cherished by someone who loves her, and from what I have read you are filling that role. If two people love each other, why should gender matter?

My marriage had reached the point where Susan (my wife), and at least one of my daughters, was afraid of me. I didn't see it at the time, but looking back it is obvious. In many ways Susan felt trapped and she had no escape. I try not to think about the past too much because now I see the pain I caused. That is probably why hearing or seeing my dead name is so painful to me now.

The thoughts and concerns you posted show how much you love her and care for her. Your relationship will be different, but all relationships are destined to change over time. What is wrong with being her best friend? Shouldn't two people in love be best friends?

Susan and I have been married over 34 years, and there were many times I was certain we would not see our next anniversary. Our marriage survived the fire of transition, and now it is stronger than ever. It really all depends on what each of you want out of life. As long as you love each other for who you are, not just your current biological configuration, then love will find a way.

Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Sabrina Rei

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on December 24, 2018, 06:45:10 AM
As long as you love each other for who you are, not just your current biological configuration, then love will find a way.

I want this so badly to be true! Thank you for sharing that story with me, Jess. You give me strength.

It's like my emotions are hot on the surface this morning and demanding all my attention, rationality be damned. I've been seeing things in a very short-sighted way.

Sabrina Rei

Feeling better, took my daughter to see Aquaman with very minimal makeup, skinny jeans, slip ons and a hoodie and still got Ma'am'd and my first thought was "Yo, don't you mean, Miss?" HAHAHAHA. I'm just kidding. I'm super grateful to be gendered correctly without having to make a monster effort. My new year's resolution is definitely to work on my voice though. WOOF. Totally buzz kill, that. Luckily it's cold season so I'm not the only croaky, unusually deep voiced maiden fair.

Sabrina Rei

My cousin accidentally outed my transition to my sister because she found me on Twitter. So I fessed up to everything and shared my story of the last 12 months. My sister was fairly cool about the whole thing compared to the nuclear meltdown she had when I came out as transgender a few years ago. Apparently, she told her kids I was trans too but never told me she told them which... not cool, man?

I'm kind of relieved but also my sister will probably out me to my father so the clock is ticking on that big reveal. you know what? I'm okay with it. It's almost time.

New year, new me, huh?

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: elle's bells on December 31, 2018, 09:37:04 PM
My cousin accidentally outed my transition to my sister because she found me on Twitter. So I fessed up to everything and shared my story of the last 12 months. My sister was fairly cool about the whole thing compared to the nuclear meltdown she had when I came out as transgender a few years ago. Apparently, she told her kids I was trans too but never told me she told them which... not cool, man?

I'm kind of relieved but also my sister will probably out me to my father so the clock is ticking on that big reveal. you know what? I'm okay with it. It's almost time.

New year, new me, huh?

@Elle's bells
Dear Elle:
.... ahhhhh, the "big reveal" to your father!!!  Obviously this kind of thing can be a very tense time but once all of the reveals are done and everyone knows about the "new you"  ... even if you are not completely accepted by all, it is like a big weight is lifted off of your shoulders... no more secrets or hiding.

I have so very much enjoyed your thread and your frequent updates and pictures that you post.    Oh and by the way, the photo of you and your daughter is definitely wonderful to see... definitely the picture is a keeper... something to put in your personal journal for sure.

I love your "Christmas Queen" photo, you "look" the part perfectly... prepare to rule!!!

I trust that your Christmas was a "Merry" one for you and that your NEW YEAR will be a very good year for you...
...as you feel so led please keep your thread updated frequently so we can all be tuned in to your life events...  we are your biggest fans and will always be rooting for you.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Sabrina Rei

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 01, 2019, 10:41:45 AM
@Elle's bells
Dear Elle:
Oh and by the way, the photo of you and your daughter is definitely wonderful to see... definitely the picture is a keeper... something to put in your personal journal for sure.

You mean the one from several pages back or are you referring to the woman in the white sweater who is my partner? XD If so, she'll be thrilled to hear she passes for my daughter!

Also, I can't wait for that big weight to be lifted! SERIOUSLY.

I had a great Christmas break. I spent much of it in the kitchen cooking and making cookies with my daughter when not trying to catch all the Pokemons. XD I hope your holiday was as lovely.

Thanks for reading!

Sabrina Rei

I wore a dress to work (kind of.) I thought I looked cool, like a grown up girl scout (yikes!) but hard to tell how it went over because people were too busy giving me the hard stare. I've found myself unusually reticent in their presence. Like, they're in breaking news, so there's no good time to stand up and make a decree about myself. I'm hoping this all changes when I get a chance to socialize at the company Christmas party on the 10th. 

Lacy

Quote from: elle's bells on December 24, 2018, 05:55:21 AM
As we walked, and giggled and whirled from sight to sight. I didn't feel like her husband. I felt like her best friend. And it frightens me. She is so stunning but do I have any right to keep that smile to myself? Doesn't she deserve to be cherished in the way a man cherishes a woman? ...Don't I? I can't fill that role in her life. I want to because I'm afraid of what it means if I don't, but also, I don't want to. I love her deeply, madly. She's family. She's my heart. But these new feelings, they might be a kind of sisterly bond just as strong but entirely different from the one i shared with her as her husband. I need to think on this. I'm sorry to bum you out this close to Christmas. I want to be the example of the couple that makes it through the fire of transition together, stronger! But maybe that's a fairy tale...

Happy holidays to you all,

I will be thinking about those thoughts as well. The more my wife supports me, the more I feel our relationship changing. Our anniversary a couple days ago had a very different feel to it. We both had fun, but there was the definite "Husband" character missing from it. She seems happier than before, and I'm glad...but I can't help but think how long it will be before she needs that strong male figure that she thought she was getting from me.

The reality is that I may end up feeling the same way, or feeling like I need someone who wants to be with a woman. Right now I am just living in the moment with her and enjoying the new changes and happiness that we are currently experiencing.

Something tells me that this situation of a supporting wife turning into a supportive sister/girlfriend, if it happens that way, will be a hundred times less painful and shattering than a gentle ease into a mutual realization that both parties need something more.
Of course, throw kids into the mix and that brings in a whole other equation to consider.

There is so much to consider and prepare for, but maybe it is best to ride things out with these thoughts on the back burner so as not to drive oneself crazy!

Quote from: elle's bells on December 31, 2018, 09:37:04 PM

New year, new me, huh?

I would be lying if I said that having members of my family that know i.e. Mom, Dad, Older Sister and her Husband out me to the rest of the family wouldn't be a relief for me! I still feel like I need to tell my younger sister, especially after chatting with her Christmas day dressed in Lacy mode. Besides that, I honestly don't plan to tell anyone else until I am nearly finished.

I do think that family should be respectful though, and if they tell others, to at least let you know that they did. Family can be unthoughtful even if they genuinely are not trying to be. As many other woman on this site have told me, no matter what happens, or how family reacts, always try to stay the bigger person and don't do or say anything you will regret later. We are judged harder by others, but that can be a good thing when you take people off guard with your positivety and non-pettiness. Good, along with bad, will make a bigger impact.

Lacy
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Sabrina Rei

I'll respond to your messages both here and in private in a bit but for now I must tell you all...

I told my father.

Or more accurately my sister implied something (they both deny this) and rather than lie or dance around the issue, I spilled everything when confronted. I was prepared to write an epic post about it but, honestly, it was kind of a non event. Every single concern or entreaty from his greatest hits collection I had a calm, loving response for and, believe it or not, he yielded to my grace! He still repeated his mantra of "I think this is the biggest mistake of your life" and tried to invoke how I'm hurting my partner and my daughter but I had answers for that too. I simply told him, my partner is a full grown woman and we have wide open lines of communication now. She's free to do as she pleases. I trust that my daughter will recognize me as the same loving parent I was before and that I've raised her to be compassionate and caring.

Now, I have to wait until he decides to tell my mother because he asked me to, and I feel a concession on this point is in everyone's best interest. He didn't out right say it, but he liked my name too! (it's not elle for the record that's just a placeholder name I used here waiting for inspiration to strike.)

Almost there...

Update: My sister just asked for a photo for her address book and she changed my name!! <3

Jessica_Rose

That is awesome news Elle! You are off to a great start. The fact that your father listed to you is a wonderful sign. I wish you continued good luck!

Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Lacy

Quote from: elle's bells on January 02, 2019, 08:52:19 PM
I'll respond to your messages both here and in private in a bit but for now I must tell you all...

I told my father.

Or more accurately my sister implied something (they both deny this) and rather than lie or dance around the issue, I spilled everything when confronted. I was prepared to write an epic post about it but, honestly, it was kind of a non event. Every single concern or entreaty from his greatest hits collection I had a calm, loving response for and, believe it or not, he yielded to my grace! He still repeated his mantra of "I think this is the biggest mistake of your life" and tried to invoke how I'm hurting my partner and my daughter but I had answers for that too. I simply told him, my partner is a full grown woman and we have wide open lines of communication now. She's free to do as she pleases. I trust that my daughter will recognize me as the same loving parent I was before and that I've raised her to be compassionate and caring.

Now, I have to wait until he decides to tell my mother because he asked me to, and I feel a concession on this point is in everyone's best interest. He didn't out right say it, but he liked my name too! (it's not elle for the record that's just a placeholder name I used here waiting for inspiration to strike.)

Almost there...

Update: My sister just asked for a photo for her address book and she changed my name!! <3

I'm glad to hear the conversation with your Father went pretty good. Non events are good in those instances.

How exciting that your sister changed the contact information in your phone! And your dad likes your name! Exciting!

I think it is very thoughtful of you to give your father the permission to tell your mom.

I think family's response of "Biggest Mistake" of your life seems to be par for the course. At least from those who are not already aware and open minded about Trans. I like to think that it is their weird caring way to express they care.

I hope everything continues to go better and better for you!
Lacy
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Kendra

Elle, WOW!  This is such awesome news.  You did it!!
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •