Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Gamer mash

Started by SallyChoasAura, August 08, 2018, 05:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SallyChoasAura

So how many of you play video games? I'm going to guess the majority.
What games do you play? How often do you play them?
Are you a hardcore player or a softcore player?
Do you ever play any indie games? (Exp: Undertale, Bendy and The Ink Machine, The Witch's House, Hello Neighbor, etc.)
What sort of gaming system(s) do you have? (Exp: Xbox, Nintendo DS, Playstation, etc.)
Do you ever play online? How often?
Do you enjoy co-op games?
What's your favorite video game?
Thank you for taking your time to answer these questions! Have a nice day!!! 😀
  •  

randall83

I'll answer your questions.  ;D

I like to spend my time playing mostly rpg/open world games. My favorite series of games include the Dragon Age series, Fallout series, Elder Scrolls series, The Tales of....series, Mass Effect series, the Dragon Quest series, Final Fantasy series, and some other games thrown in.

How often do you play them?

I mix it up everyday depending on my mood.

I would say I'm a moderate gamer, I've been playing video games since I was 5 with my first experience being on the original NES and I'm 34 now and it's been amazing watching how games have evolved over the years.

Do you ever play any indie games? (Exp: Undertale, Bendy and The Ink Machine, The Witch's House, Hello Neighbor, etc.)

I've played AdventureQuest, DragonFable, MechQuest (those are online) Gone Home, I plan to get We Happy Few this friday, No Man's Sky, Angry Birds, the Sam & Max series

What sort of gaming system(s) do you have? (Exp: Xbox, Nintendo DS, Playstation, etc.)

Here's what I have currently: Playstation 2, 3, 4, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Switch, Gameboy 3DS, rereleased classic NES & SNES, a gaming PC, a Gamecube, and a Nintendo 64.

Yes, I play online once in awhile although I tend to play solo when I do. I currently have on my PC Star Wars: The Old Republic, World of Warcraft, Wizard 101, Pirate 101, Legends of Equestria, Elder Scrolls Online

I don't usually have people to play with and I don't normally like playing online with a bunch of people I don't know, so I would say no for now.

Tough choice! I have too many!! ;D
  •  

SallyChoasAura

@randall83
*crashes through door* You play Leadgens of Equestria?! I HAVE FOUND MY FELLOW BRONY
  •  

randall83

Ha ha, yeah I'm a brony.  :D I've seen all the episodes of MLP: FiM but I haven't seen the movie yet.
  •  

LexieDragon

Lol. I play casually. Will try anything once. Love mine craft and god games. I do some indie games. I have been playing since before nes was a thing. Lol

And I think it goes without saying that I, too, am a brony. Have been since gen 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexandra teh gr8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Some clever text here]
  •  

LexieDragon

Btw. How were days 1 and 2 of school?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexandra teh gr8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Some clever text here]
  •  

DustKitten

I do :) and I used to watch mlp, too. I'm more casual these days; I love co-op, and RPGs are def. my thing, but I like almost anything that's offline. I don't usually play games online unless it's with friends. I have a PS4 and a 3DS (which I only use for Fire Emblem, Pokémon, and handheld Zelda titles), but most of my games are on Steam (my username and profile pic on there are the same as on here, btw; any of you may add me if you have it).

Picking a favorite game is hard, but I guess I'd go with The Witcher 3.
  •  

SallyChoasAura

Quote from: LexieDragon on August 08, 2018, 04:42:10 PM
Btw. How were days 1 and 2 of school?

Pretty good surprisingly! We have even had too much homework yet! Which is a lot better than last year when they gave me 3 to 4 assignments on the first day.
  •  

SallyChoasAura

Quote from: randall83 on August 08, 2018, 03:43:02 PM
Ha ha, yeah I'm a brony.  :D I've seen all the episodes of MLP: FiM but I haven't seen the movie yet.
G O   S E E   I T
  •  

SallyChoasAura

Holy cow... I'm getting a lot of briny responses...

WE SHOULD MAKE AN ARMY😈
  •  

LexieDragon

A briny army. Lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexandra teh gr8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Some clever text here]
  •  

SallyChoasAura

Yes and we will take over the world using rainbows and the magic of friendship.🐎🦄🦓🌈
  •  

randall83

I used a mod for Skyrim that lets people make a pony character.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/86902
  •  

Lisa

Quote from: SallyChoasAura on August 08, 2018, 05:51:12 AM
So how many of you play video games? I'm going to guess the majority.
Mostly RPGs and indie games, especially 2d platformers and metroid-vanias.

I used to play a lot more before starting HRT, partly due to more free time before, and partly that I used games as a distraction to avoid a life I hated :(  I'd say around 20-30 hours per week in the past, down to 3-5 average now, though I will play a little longer than that for any new games that I like a lot.

I was never very competitive, but I was a massive completionist.  Think 100% completion on every level, beating every game I played (even super meat boy... ugh!), filling my pokédex in every pokémon game, etc.

Again, that's mostly changed since HRT.  Now I just play till I'm not having fun anymore, then I move on to something else.  There is still one exception though:  I'm probably the most hardcore player ever of Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons / Stardew Valley type games - I micromanage farm layout and time to the point that by the end of year 1, I'm drowning in cash and have all upgrades that are technically possible at that point.

They account for most of my steam library. 

Just a 3ds at the moment, though I had a lot more in the past.  I do have an SNES and a genesis packed away somewhere, but haven't used them in many years.

Other than trading pokémon, I've not played online much since around 10 years ago.

I don't mind them, but I don't really have anyone to play them with.

I can't pick just one, so here's several:  Rune Factory 4, Story of Seasons - Trio of Towns, Pokémon Platinum, Skyrim, Okami (except for the Orochi fights - way too many of those!), Cave Story, CrossCode

And since the thread got derailed with this - fellow pegasister reporting in!  (Please don't brony me; I don't like being called anything with the word 'bro' in it!)  Anyone else ever play that one flash game where you're a unicorn with time altering powers who wants to be a dentist?  You start at Zecora's hut and there's poison joke and I think timber wolves, and the final boss is an ursa major?  I totally can't remember the name of it; difficult, but fun times!
  •  

randall83

If anyone is interested, I came up with an RP guide for the Dragon Age games. By doing a lot of research, I came up with a play-style to play as a Tevinter mage.
  •  

GingerVicki

I have a ps4 pro that I play Fallout 4 mostly and can't wait for Fallout 76. I love it. I have a 64" UHD with bluetooth JBL surround and a powered subwoofer. The booms BOOM! When watching the new BenHer movie during the drumming, manning the oars, was absolutely amazing. Almost mesmerizing.

I even have the Virtual Reality. The only game that I have is Skyrim V plus the others it came with.
  •  

Melinda@heart

PC gamer here. Online games I've played include: Dragonrealms (text based MUD back in 99-2001), Everquest, Everquest 2, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Elders Scrolls Online, Delta Force (all of them before Novalogic went poof) and a few others I can't recall the names of.

Single player games I enjoyed: Fallout (all of them), Grand Theft Auto 4 and 5, Red Dead Redemption, Kingdom of Amalur, The Fable series, Dragon Age 1 and 3 (2 sucked), All of the Witcher games, Kings Quest (way back when), Call of Duty and Blackops (only si glen player mode, did not like the multiplayer much).

There are others but my memory fails me.

I started gaming with Pong in the early 80s. My grandparents took us to one of those time share things where they try to talk you into buying one and if you listen to them for 4 hours you got a long game. Then it was Atari, Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Ps1, then Xbox 360. After the xbox I went strictly PC because I could build my own system.

I usually played a male character when online gaming but i always had backup female toons I'd play secretly. Back in the early 2000s there was a lot of negativity within gaming guilds if they found out you were male playing a female toon. Yet another place I had to hide my trueself!

Today's it's pretty common to see guys with female toons. With voice chat being prevalent in raids and groups it's just the norm to hear a male voice for a female character. Now, if we could just get the rest of society to accept it for us RL trans girls.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

•  

Alice V

Okay, here we go...

Since I can't really do something with transition I express myself in games so I play games a lot (though now a bit lesser due my voice practicing and reading this forum kek). I prefer RPG genre. But I have my own vision of "RPG" term. I think it isn't enough to create stats that can be upgraded and class that can be choosen to call game "RPG", for me, it's more than that. It's game that give player freedom of choice that can affect plot in some ways. Mostly I preferred Bioware games but EA just killed it. I suppose my perfect games is table ones like D&D or Pathfinder.
Depends. If I have time to commit myself into game I can be hardcore player with all that "quest for effectiveness" stuff and etc. But mostly I just entertain mysefl as softcore player.
I don't understand why indie is self-dependent genre. Maybe I'm just customer but hey, I play game and I don't care how people create it. My friends was obsessed with Bindings of Isaac and Undertale. But I personally don't like it. Never played games in your list here.
PC.
Yeah, but mostly because I stick to my friends. My real friends play WoW right now, so I have my rogue 120 level :D and my Destiny 2 clan wake up with addon released, so I leveling my hunter now. I'd like to see new league in Path of Exile too, but don't have enough time for that.
Depends on company :)
Dunno how to choose. I played KOTORs and Dragon age series (aaand DAII my favorite, idc what you think about it.) and Mass Effect series dozens of times. Does it indicate something?
"Don't try and blame me for your sins,
For the sun has burn me black.
Your hollow lives, this world in which we live -
I hurl it back."©Bruce Dickinson

My place
  •  

ItsAbiKay

I'm a gamer all my life. They've always been there for me and let me live out many a fantasy. Currently playing Crash NSane Trilogy on Switch. Also super hyped from the Nintendo Direct Last night. As I've gotten older my interest in multiplayer games has died off but I'm always up for some local play. If I get stuck into a good RPG I'd be gone for the week! As for a favorite game there are quite a few. The cliche is FFVII which is amazing. But my personal fav is FFX (which is coming to switch. Yay!) so I'll go with that.
Pre everything. Currently in Therapy and some day it might be Post everything
  •  

Mx London

I play games a lot, most days in fact. Some of my friends work in the games industry and a few more are indie so it makes sense to be into it.

Played a lot of Monster Hunter over the past few months. Always falling back into World of Tanks. I enjoy small games more than long ones, ideally with a story. More generally I like FPS, RPG, puzzles, point and click, hidden object, visual novels, text adventures.

I'll play online with people I know in voice, otherwise it's text only to avoid issues.

•