News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Dr. Sheldon Licenberg

Started by Amanda Jean, August 17, 2018, 03:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amanda Jean

Hello all,

I am new at Susan's Place. I have a 17 Y/O FTM son that I am trying to help get to where he needs to be physically. I have received a recommendation from a highly rated Endocrinologist that Dr. Sheldon Licenberg in ATL is s  very good plastic surgeon(Top Surgery). However I have also been warned by someone at Pflag that he had a malpractice suit. I checked on the Federation of State Medical Boards but found nothing. However there is a story in a magazine OutPatient Surgery from 2012 titled " The case of the mismarked nipples" saying he actually paid out 170.000.

If anyone can give me any feedback good or otherwise I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want just anyone to be cutting into my son.

Sincerely,
A
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. Unfortunately every surgery has risks of something going wrong. Normally the risk is very low but problems still happen. Sometimes everybody may agree on the problem and a settlement might happen without taking the issue to court. The fact that the issue may not have gone to court indicates that the doctor was honest and decided on a settlement instead of battling the issue in court. If your still considering this surgeon, the best approach might be to ask the doctor and get the answer directly from the doctor.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Perry

First off, let me congratulate you on supporting your son in such a positive manner! It means so much to us to have supportive and understanding parents/famiy/friends.

I have not had top surgery yet and do not live in your area. I have been researching though and have not come across that surgeon's name in the hundreds of discussions I have read. I checked out Transbucket to see if anyone had posted their results. There are 3, 1 recent and 2 quite old. The recent result, unfortunately does not show a good result. You do have to understand though that sometimes bad results are not an indication of the surgeons skill level. I urge you to check out that website, as a heads up it does contain pictures that are clinical but definitely not suitable for all viewers.

During my research I've noticed a couple of surgeons in Florida who are very popular with the community.  They are Garramone and Sassani. Again, I urge you to do research. I've found that FTM top surgery as the search will bring you lots of results. You can also refine it by adding your location.

Good luck to you and your son!

Perry
Integrity has no need of rules.  -Albert Camus

•  

Pao

I know someOne who went with him. He says his results are "ok", but will need revisions. Both of us have also been able old by another friend that the "common" issue friend A has could have been avoided by a better surgeon.

I am in Atlanta and would really love it if there was a surgeon in the state I trusted, but I don't plan on even thinking about Licenberg. I just keep seeing those transbuckett photos.
  •